Author Topic: Do you relate to the younger you.  (Read 1036 times)

MikMaq

Do you relate to the younger you.
« on: January 02, 2012, 08:59:05 PM »
As everyone on getbig knows, 2011 ended up being an amazing year for me as it started as the worst year of my life and ended up being the best. But the puzzling truth is, I feel like the young me is a complete stranger, I don't look the same, I don't listen to the same music, I have different friends, my relationship haved changed with my family etc, and it hit all of a sudden. For me ages 18-23 my life was stuck on repeat, now things are finally getting better and changing, but the wierd thing is I don't relate to my past self.

Has this shit happened in your life, where the you of two years ago is a complete stranger. 

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Do you relate to the younger you.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 09:09:05 PM »

MikMaq

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 09:16:27 PM »

I no it might be a bit hard to believe, but some of us actually evolve as people and won't be stuck on S&F's until the end of time.

Stavios

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:33:08 PM »
I'm trying as strong as I can to be as far as possible as the "younger me"

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 09:57:43 PM »
Whats realy strange is when you start trying to recapture some of the old you.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 10:01:35 PM »

Yes, all the time. Unfortunately  :-\

Stavios

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 10:04:51 PM »
Yes, all the time. Unfortunately  :-\

I'd like to relate with the younger you, stud

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 10:07:01 PM »
As everyone on getbig knows, 2011 ended up being an amazing year for me as it started as the worst year of my life and ended up being the best. But the puzzling truth is, I feel like the young me is a complete stranger, I don't look the same, I don't listen to the same music, I have different friends, my relationship haved changed with my family etc, and it hit all of a sudden. For me ages 18-23 my life was stuck on repeat, now things are finally getting better and changing, but the wierd thing is I don't relate to my past self.

Has this shit happened in your life, where the you of two years ago is a complete stranger. 

I have an amazing memory. I can remember things that happened when I was a mere tot. I don't believe I could ever be a stranger to my younger self. Everthing I am today is because of what I have experienced and where I have been.

Sometimes when people have negative experiences, they block them out in order to move foreward. Although I probably have had my share of unpleasant things happen over my lifetime, I view them as learning experiences and therefore make no effort to forget them. However, I don't dwell on the negative either.

Some of my relatives told me that they thought my childhood was horrible because my parents separated and I subsequently lived with a bunch of different relatives until I was eight years old and my mom had pulled her act together enough to convince my grampa to bring me to live with her and my stepdad. Frankly, I never saw my childhood as anything worse than interesting. It probably helped that I was pretty spoiled during that period and afterwards too.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 11:20:27 PM »
  I can only hope...

the Algebra Wizard

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 07:01:10 AM »
it's a simple case of arrested development ....