Author Topic: Vinnie Jones in X-MEN: THE LAST STAND  (Read 8690 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Re: Vinnie Jones in X-MEN: THE LAST STAND
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2006, 06:33:22 PM »
Ok, first things first: Superman and Thor. Thor was able to hold his own pretty well because fo Mjolnir. Supes was certainly surprised when he got hit by that thing. Also, characters with magical powers had them enhanced in the DC universe, as magic wa much more powerful there in general. Supes would beat the hulk, and hulk and Juggernaut have gone at it a couple of times. Also, Juggernaut did the dirty deed with She-Hulk. Talk about ultimate Shmoe-dom :P Silver Surfer is powerful, but the DC universe heroes operate on a whole nother level power-wise. Very few marvel charcters even approach the power of anyone in the JLA.

JLA/Avengers #2 has some of the coolest fight scenes ever IMO, it would have been cooler if they stretched it out a little but seeing Superman give Thor the beatdown was pretty damn cool....definetly better than the DC vs. Marvel thing from the 90's, that wasn't even close to fair, you had people vote and half the marvel guys were f'n x-men.....they were selling so many comics back then it was ludacris..Hell, I have 8 copies of x-men #1 and all the variant card editions of x-force #1. 

I didn't know about juggy doing the deed with she hulk....kinda gross if ya ask me but wht the hell, everybody needs somebody sometime.  The surfer is pretty tough, he did beat Kyle Rayner back in the old dc vs marvel series but again that was a vote thing and kyle had only been around for a couple of years at that time, it might be different if they did it now since the companies are pretty much neck and neck at this point.

el_spiko are you currently reading any comics?  I've read a few issues of teen titans, great book same with JLA and a few other dC series.  I try to keep up with marvels cival war but I've never bought one...
nasser=piece of shit

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
Re: Vinnie Jones in X-MEN: THE LAST STAND
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2006, 10:35:34 PM »
Not reading anything at the moment but about to get back into it. I used to work at a comic books store so i read everything that came out and most of the backissues we had. I couldn't tell you what's good right now. I liked New X-men, but once Clairemont took over he went crazy and ruined the comic. JLA is usually pretty good, as is Titans and Outsiders. Marvel's Ultimate comics pretty much all rock. I heard the House of M/Civil war storylines were pretty cool but haven't read through them yet. I was also a big fan of Green Lantern. I know it's heresy, but Kyle is my favorite, I find him a much easier character to empathise with and find his stories much more compelling and interesting than Hal's.
I min/max my physique