Author Topic: New respect for Koz  (Read 1955 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
New respect for Koz
« on: November 23, 2009, 06:17:18 AM »
Man.  This dude is one hell of an athlete.  Great striker and obvious great wrestler.  LOVED how he called out Hardy.  I see him beating Hardy... AND giving GSP his toughest fight yet...at least better than their last.

Koz is the MAN!

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: New respect for Koz
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 09:29:49 AM »
I see GSP giving him another a$$ spanking just like last time.

Josh wanted no part in striking with rumble either. Good decision to take it to the ground and get a great victory. Strength vs weakness match imo.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 11:56:59 AM »
Seriously?  I was impressed with how Josh stayed in the pocket and slipped all of Anthony's strikes.  Very impressive!  I want to see a rematch with him and Thiago.  And this time, they should give Josh enough time to prep.
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 01:57:44 PM »
Seriously?  I was impressed with how Josh stayed in the pocket and slipped all of Anthony's strikes.  Very impressive!  I want to see a rematch with him and Thiago.  And this time, they should give Josh enough time to prep.

I thought the same.  I actually thought his movement resembled Anderson's...not as good, but resembled it.  Koz has TONS of potential.  His wrestling is superb.. and his striking is getting awesome.  Dude will be a force soon enough. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »
I thought the same.  I actually thought his movement resembled Anderson's...not as good, but resembled it.  Koz has TONS of potential.  His wrestling is superb.. and his striking is getting awesome.  Dude will be a force soon enough. 
Let's not get carried away. ::) He's pretty much focused solely on boxing for the last couple of years, however I would not call him a great striker.

I've always been a bit of a Kos fan, ever since his TUF days playing pranks on Leben with Bobby Southworth. ;D Kos seems to enjoy being a bit of a heel/villian since he's been in the UFC. I did not think he'd dismantle Rumble as he did, but Kos is a supremely confident athlete who has the best wrestling pedigree in all of mma.

That said, I cannot see Josh beating GSP based on my memories of the first fight. When your background is pure wrestling and you are totally out wrestled for the entire fight, it doesn't seem likely that a second time would be any different. For that reason I am glad Hardy is supposed to be next up for St. Pierre.
!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 11:20:14 AM »
I want to see Hardy vs Kos!

w

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 12:06:53 PM »
I want to see Hardy vs Kos!

Don't worry, MS. You'll see them fight soon enough.

I guess Hardy's got a Heinz Beans sponsorship? lol I like this guy...he's got personality. Something lacking in the vast majority of UFC fighters. People compare him to Bisping because he's British, but Bisping is far more cocky in irritating, in my opinion. Hardy's going to come up with some funny stuff to needle GSP leading up to their fight. :)

!

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 03:57:47 PM »
When Kos was whining about Hardy not deserving a title shot the camera panned on Hardy. His little double teary eyed wiping made me spit the food I was eating I laughed so hard.

I thought that was fucking hilarious and he actually is someone I enjoy watching. His 2nd place (runner-up) trophy he handed Swick at the press conference was so fucking funny. He did not do it in a derogatory way either. Him and Swick laughed about it and shook hands when he gave it to him.

I like the kid. He pushes it but he is not a dick like Lesnar IMHO.