Author Topic: Why Muslims become Christians  (Read 4362 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Why Muslims become Christians
« on: January 17, 2013, 10:21:11 AM »
"For some of these brothers and sisters it is important that the area where they live now, or where they originally come from, is not too closely identified to ensure either their own safety or that of their families. Others do not have as great safety concerns and a country name is given. Many of these believers from Muslim background are "online" and welcome your response. Those with email are listed first in each category. A * after the name means the testimony is available in several languages, usually English and the native language of the convert. Most of the testimonies were written by former orthodox and practicing Muslims, some came from a nominal or sectarian Muslim background."

Testimonies: http://www.answering-islam.org/Testimonies/index.html

"Dear brothers and sisters from Muslim background, there are many of you, I know this. I hope the above articles will show more of you the necessity to speak up and let the Muslims know of the fact that it is not so uncommon for Muslims to find to the truth of God in Jesus our Savior and Lord, and the reason for your new faith."

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Why Muslims become Christians
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 01:20:51 PM »
That's a rather short list. I know you guys are strong and like to stick together but... there's far more people leaving Christianity for Islam than the other way around. That's why it's far easier to find real stories of those who embrace Islam rather than the other way around. Those that become popularized 'ex mozzlmez' they get fame and fortune to spread their islam bashing  :P

Most of these people's stories revolve around cultural disagreements, someone did something to them, they wanted to 'live life' and emotional encounters and understanding (lack of knowledge).

Not that numbers matter, but there's far more likely people to leave Christianity when they discover Islam than the other way around. Those coming to Islam come through intellectual discourse, those that come to Christianity come to Christianity via emotional discourse.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:30:39 PM »

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 01:37:50 PM »
Yes, yes....we're all masterful google warriors capable of posting hyperlinks.....well done!!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 09:16:41 AM »
That's a rather short list. I know you guys are strong and like to stick together but... there's far more people leaving Christianity for Islam than the other way around. That's why it's far easier to find real stories of those who embrace Islam rather than the other way around.

Not surprised the list seems short.  Christians who convert Islam can announce it freely without fear of persecution, torture and death.  In Muslim countries it is illegal and punishable by death to covert from Islam to Christianity, and for Christians to share the Gospel with Muslims.  There are many more Muslims converting to Christianity than we know.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 10:07:16 AM »
Not surprised the list seems short.  Christians who convert Islam can announce it freely without fear of persecution, torture and death.  In Muslim countries it is illegal and punishable by death to covert from Islam to Christianity, and for Christians to share the Gospel with Muslims.  There are many more Muslims converting to Christianity than we know.

Exactly.

I've mentioned before, a family belonging to my church converted to Christianity from Islam and the surrounding Muslim community in Egypt hit them with every threat from ruining their business to murdering their children when they converted.  It was a nightmare for them to leave Islam.  Certainly their are many others Muslims that would choose to convert to Christianity, but if I feared for my life or heaven forbid the lives of my family I wouldn't be posting videos about my current conversion efforts on youtube LOL.  It would be long after the conversion, in the safety of a tolerant area, before I would even entertain that notion.

Of course, everything I just said will be completely dismissed.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 10:09:55 AM »

Why is it then that we hear or less Islam to Christianity conversions here in North America than we do of Christianity to Islam conversions?  There is no threat of persecution in North America under either scenerio.  Practically every Muslim knows several Christian converts.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 10:15:01 AM »
Why is it then that we hear or less Islam to Christianity conversions here in North America than we do of Christianity to Islam conversions?  There is no threat of persecution in North America under either scenerio.  Practically every Muslim knows several Christian converts.

I've gone through a number of ahmeds' Christian to Islam youtube videos and I'm struck by a recurring theme.....the Christians converts to Islam weren't actually Christians, but merely associated in some form or fashion with the Christian church....it's not hard to tell the difference.  Fact of the matter is, association does not make a Christian.  The posters of these videos are either ignorant in this regard or are simply misrepresenting the content of the videos.

I'm not suggesting that all Christian to Islam conversion is not legitimate...certainly there are legitimate conversions.  I'm just saying a lot of the youtube stuff posted here is not genuine.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 10:16:40 AM »

How many of those are true conversions from Christianity?  In North America, especially in the South of the US, everybody is a "Christian."

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 10:17:33 AM »

Because minorities are fucking stupid?
$

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 01:48:55 PM »
Or maybe only emotional people will embrace Christianity as it is an irrational religion revolving around man made doctrines and laws, the worship of a human being, contradictions upon contradictions etc...

Yet people who have higher education, are intellectuals despite all odds of anomisty towards Islam and Muslims as even evidenced on this forum for example, people still are continuing to embrace Islam.

Christians themselves have been leaving Christianity. The conversion to Christianity has been mostly as a result of missionary work to poor countries, feeding people, bribing people and telling them that Jesus is God and he provides them all that. Lo and behold, emotionally in gratitude they embrace christianity.

Chrsitianity is a religion of emotions and blind faith, Islam is a religion of intellect and rational faith. Islam is a practical religion, a complete way of life. Christianity is a religion of convinience.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 01:51:11 PM »
How many of those are true conversions from Christianity?  In North America, especially in the South of the US, everybody is a "Christian."

The same goes both ways, does not change the fact that there are a lot more Christian converts to Islam than vice versa.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 03:17:41 PM »
The same goes both ways, does not change the fact that there are a lot more Christian converts to Islam than vice versa.

agree, ive never met a muslim who has converted to christianity, but persoannly know many christians who have become muslims.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 07:22:16 PM »
Or maybe only emotional people will embrace Christianity as it is an irrational religion revolving around man made doctrines and laws, the worship of a human being, contradictions upon contradictions etc...

Yet people who have higher education, are intellectuals despite all odds of anomisty towards Islam and Muslims as even evidenced on this forum for example, people still are continuing to embrace Islam.

Christians themselves have been leaving Christianity. The conversion to Christianity has been mostly as a result of missionary work to poor countries, feeding people, bribing people and telling them that Jesus is God and he provides them all that. Lo and behold, emotionally in gratitude they embrace christianity.

Chrsitianity is a religion of emotions and blind faith, Islam is a religion of intellect and rational faith. Islam is a practical religion, a complete way of life. Christianity is a religion of convinience.

Hey Assmed... here's a shocker for you. I was born and raised Catholic, but I think your view on Jesus is probably more accurate. I don't really know if he was god or just a very holy man... but you know what... your view or my view on Jesus' divinity has nothing to do with your death cult. If I have to choose incorrect worship of a good and decent man who preached peace and love, or incorrect worship of satan calling him Allah that comes with nothing but murder and pain for even his followers, I choose Christianity. Evil is real and Mohammed did nothing but promote it... Jesus preached good and died for it. God or no god.
$

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 07:59:24 PM »
You're just epically  failing really really bad on one part. Jesus would have called God Allah. Not God. :) Jesus spoke Aramaic so did all the other inhabitants of Palestine.

You know no matter how many times you repeat all that crap you just wrote, it doesn't make it true and believe me people will not fall for that garbage. There are books, programs, documentaries, etc... we live in the information age. That kind of crap would have worked in medieval Europe just how the popes riled up ignorant Christians into the crusades.

Hence thanks to the information age, Christians (myself included) are embracing Islam.

Anyways going to hit some chest at the gym. Later aligator.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 09:05:38 PM »
Hey Assmed... here's a shocker for you. I was born and raised Catholic, but I think your view on Jesus is probably more accurate. I don't really know if he was god or just a very holy man... but you know what... your view or my view on Jesus' divinity has nothing to do with your death cult. If I have to choose incorrect worship of a good and decent man who preached peace and love, or incorrect worship of satan calling him Allah that comes with nothing but murder and pain for even his followers, I choose Christianity. Evil is real and Mohammed did nothing but promote it... Jesus preached good and died for it. God or no god.

You obviously dont know history.

Yes, muslims love jesus and no revelation came to him to fight his people, so thats fair enough.

But you get on the other hand, when moses was at the door of jerusalem with his followers, he told them to fight, but they didnt, so is moses a bad evil person?

Just like when jesus comes back to earth, he will break the cross, forbid the eating of pork and fight the people who dont follow his path.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 11:24:04 PM »
That's why Muhammad (pbuh) is 'that prophet' who is like Moses.

Moses was given God's law, Moses had huge followers from amongst his people, initially his people did not follow him but ultimately did, Moses led armies, he was a command, leader, fighter, etc...

Hence Muhammad (pbuh) is like him and Jesus is not.

Jesus was only sent to the children of Israel to set them back straight and since they had hard hearts his focus was on gentleness to soften their hearts. They were haughty and disobedient and tried to even kill him and that's what they boast about.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 04:08:03 AM »
You're just epically  failing really really bad on one part. Jesus would have called God Allah. Not God. :) Jesus spoke Aramaic so did all the other inhabitants of Palestine.

You know no matter how many times you repeat all that crap you just wrote, it doesn't make it true and believe me people will not fall for that garbage. There are books, programs, documentaries, etc... we live in the information age. That kind of crap would have worked in medieval Europe just how the popes riled up ignorant Christians into the crusades.

Hence thanks to the information age, Christians (myself included) are embracing Islam.

Anyways going to hit some chest at the gym. Later aligator.

Don't care what you call him... your promoting evil. Call him fucking bob for all I care, promoting evil is the devils work.
$

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 04:11:08 AM »

Yes, muslims love jesus and no revelation came to him to fight his people, so thats fair enough.

But you get on the other hand, when moses was at the door of jerusalem with his followers, he told them to fight, but they didnt, so is moses a bad evil person?

Just like when jesus comes back to earth, he will break the cross, forbid the eating of pork and fight the people who dont follow his path.

I know plenty of history... I also have a calendar. It's 2013 for fucks sake. Grow up and see in the name of your death cult people are cutting people's head off still... And more Muslims are fighting Muslims around the world then anything. Read the news you brainwashed dope. Again your post says well if they did it then its ok... once again I'll say it. No matter what someone else did IN THE PAST justifies your fucked up death cult in 2013.
$

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 06:51:28 AM »

Will you please explain to me how exactly it goes both ways?

And no, there is no way to know whether or not there are "a lot more" Christian converts to Islam than vice versa.  There are so many things wrong with your claim and absolutely no proof whatsoever.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 07:07:17 AM »

And no, there is no way to know whether or not there are "a lot more" Christian converts to Islam than vice versa.  There are so many things wrong with your claim and absolutely no proof whatsoever.

I wonder if they count forced conversions in their numbers. That could be why they are so inflated.
$

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 08:28:19 AM »

Goes both ways because just like you questioned "how many of those conversions were true Christians to begin with" one can ask "How many of those conversions were true Muslims to begin with?"

And no, there is no way to know whether or not there are "a lot more" Christian converts to Islam than vice versa.  There are so many things wrong with your claim and absolutely no proof whatsoever.

LOL I guess it's just a big media conspiracy and Guiness Book of Records conspiracy and Muslims are lying when they say they each personally know several Christian converts while few Christians can make such a claim about Muslim converts.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 11:23:03 AM »
Goes both ways because just like you questioned "how many of those conversions were true Christians to begin with" one can ask "How many of those conversions were true Muslims to begin with?"

LOL I guess it's just a big media conspiracy and Guiness Book of Records conspiracy and Muslims are lying when they say they each personally know several Christian converts while few Christians can make such a claim about Muslim converts.

You have many "Muslims" who aren't really Muslims?  Please explain!  Are these people from Muslim countries who were forced to convert, but deep down inside never did?

There is no way of knowing how many Christians have converted to Islam.  

"Statistics on religious adherence are difficult to gather and often contradictory; statistics for the change of religious adherence are even more so, requiring multiple surveys separated by many years using the same data gathering rules. This has only been achieved in rare cases, and then only for a particular country, such as the American Religious Identification Survey in the USA, or census data from Australia (which has included a voluntary religious question since 1911)."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_be_the_fastest-growing_religion#Data_collection

"According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion by number of conversions each year: "Although the religion began in Arabia, by 2002 80% of all believers in Islam lived outside the Arab world. In the period 1990-2000, approximately 12.5 million more people converted to Islam than to Christianity". Part of the books quote can be seen online from this extract from Google Books. This was again shown in the 2005, 50th anniversary edition of Guinness Book of World Records, although the number of conversions was not mentioned this time."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_be_the_fastest-growing_religion#Islam

Birth rates don't count.

"Statistical data on conversion to and from Islam are scarce. What little information is available suggests that there is no substantial net gain or loss in the number of Muslims through conversion globally..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_be_the_fastest-growing_religion#Islam

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 07:34:14 AM »

Forgive me, but I don't think the statement marked in red is correct; although, it's very possible I don't understand.

Is not the following correct in the Hadith?

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 34, Number 425:

Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, son of Mary (Jesus) will shortly descend amongst you people (Muslims) as a just ruler and will break the Cross and kill the pig and abolish the Jizya (a tax taken from the non-Muslims, who are in the protection, of the Muslim government). Then there will be abundance of money and no-body will accept charitable gifts.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 656:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you as a just ruler, he will break the cross, kill the pigs, and abolish the Jizya tax. Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it (as charitable gifts).

Sunan Abu Dawud Book 37, Number 4310:

The Prophet (pbuh) said: There is no prophet between me and him, that is, Jesus (pbuh). He will descend (to the earth). When you see him, recognize him: a man of medium height, reddish fair, wearing two light yellow garments, looking as if drops were falling down from his head though it will not be wet. He will fight the people for the cause of Islam. He will break the cross, kill swine, and abolish jizya. Allah will perish all religions except Islam. He will destroy the Antichrist and will live on the earth for forty years and then he will die. The Muslims will pray over him.

The pigs or swine are the Jews, Christians and non-Muslims, correct?  So according to Islam, Jesus is returning to "break the cross" (destroy Christianity), kill the swine/pigs (kill all the Jews/Christians that have not converted to Islam) and will abolish the Jizya tax for non-Muslims (I suppose since he'll be returning to kill all those non-Muslims that owe the tax that's just sound accounting on his part).  

Your statement of "forbid the eating of pork" I don't understand.  I thought Muslims were already forbidden to eat pork?  Yet Jesus is coming also to the "save the bacon"?  Also, you indicated that Jesus is coming to "fight the people who dont follow his path"; although, that's a bit misleading since Jesus is indicated as coming to kill all non-believers, correct?  There won't be much "fighting" on part of the non-believers that will be dying I assume?

Maybe you can help me understand a bit better...thx!!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 02:00:23 PM »
yea stingray made a mistake there :)

However pigs does not refer to Jews or Christians. Scholars have understood the cross to represent christianity and the church in particular which misguides people. The cross is indeed misguidance.

Imagine if Jesus was put in an electric chair, would you be wearing an electric chair around your neck?

The pig sometimes has been interpreted as greed, lawless use of money, interest, etc... We don't know the concise meaning of them.