Author Topic: Baseball is almost here.  (Read 12269 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Baseball is almost here.
« on: March 22, 2011, 09:59:05 AM »
Sox drop Beckett till the 4 spot in the rotation.

wonder who makes the Yanks,Colon or Garcia ???...Colon is pitching better and has his fastball into the low to mid 90's.

newmom

Re: Baseball is almost here.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 10:00:40 AM »
who cares YANKS rule, the rest can bug off. I'm just posting here because it irritates 2nd coming

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 02:41:35 PM »
looks like colon.

oliver perez is on the yanks radar  ???

anyone hear these rumors?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 02:44:53 PM »
I'm just posting here because it irritates 2nd coming

You lower the median IQ of the board whenever you post. Thats all.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 03:13:15 PM »
looks like colon.

I heard them.  And, as usual, I don't beleive them.  Oliver Perez sucks.
Y

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 03:19:32 PM »
You lower the median IQ of the board whenever you post. Thats all.

it helps if you think of her as a modern day Mr. Ed.  :)

As Mr. Johnson said, "Sir, a woman's preaching is like a dog's walking on his hind legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all."

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 06:46:19 AM »
looks like colon.

Denied by Cashman.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »
Yea it looks like the nats gave him a minor league deal.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »
Yea it looks like the nats gave him a minor league deal.

Told ya.

The Yankees aren't going to take on another reclamation project.  They already have 4 of them competing for jobs in camp.

They will rely on their insane offense, bullpen, and just enough SP to get to the break in contention, then see what's available.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 06:39:24 PM »
They still need lefty pitching out of the pen. They cant HAVE enough lefty arms right now.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 08:38:37 PM »
They still need lefty pitching out of the pen. They cant HAVE enough lefty arms right now.

They already have 3, but Marte won't be ready until the ASB.  

Left/righty doesn't matter so much to me.  Just get guys with high K rates....  They have Joba/Robertson/Soriano/Rivera.   On paper, probably the best in the game.

Hopefully, though, Soriano pitches like crazy this year, then opts out, and Cashman continues to try to pry Soria away from KC.  They were trying to grab him from the Mexican leagues, but KC beat them to it.   He would be insane to have on the team.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 07:30:37 AM »
The Orioles have a shot to make some noise this season.

I like the additions of Derrick Lee at first base and Vlad Guerrero in the outfield. They also have developed some good young talent with their pitching staff, but it's still the team's achilles heel.

I like the offensive potential with a healthy Brian Roberts leading off with Markakis, Lee, Luke Scott at DH and Guerrero. The Orioles could take a shot at winnng 85 games+ this year if they stay relatively healthy. I'm on the bandwagon for at least the first few months of the season! Orioles fans are starving for a winner these days.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 07:39:23 AM »
They already have 3, but Marte won't be ready until the ASB.  

Left/righty doesn't matter so much to me.  Just get guys with high K rates....  They have Joba/Robertson/Soriano/Rivera.   On paper, probably the best in the game.

Hopefully, though, Soriano pitches like crazy this year, then opts out, and Cashman continues to try to pry Soria away from KC.  They were trying to grab him from the Mexican leagues, but KC beat them to it.   He would be insane to have on the team.

In todays Post it makes it look like Garcia will be named over Colon.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 10:20:30 AM »
The Orioles have a shot to make some noise this season.

I like the additions of Derrick Lee at first base and Vlad Guerrero in the outfield. They also have developed some good young talent with their pitching staff, but it's still the team's achilles heel.

I like the offensive potential with a healthy Brian Roberts leading off with Markakis, Lee, Luke Scott at DH and Guerrero. The Orioles could take a shot at winnng 85 games+ this year if they stay relatively healthy. I'm on the bandwagon for at least the first few months of the season! Orioles fans are starving for a winner these days.

I like Matusz but I still think they get gobbled up in the East this year.  I'm still giving them last place.  Showalter will not let anyone quit, though.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 10:36:46 AM »
I like Matusz but I still think they get gobbled up in the East this year.  I'm still giving them last place.  Showalter will not let anyone quit, though.

They get gobbled up in the East every year, dude. That's why I'm hoping they can at least compete for 3rd place and a winning season.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 11:21:25 AM »
They get gobbled up in the East every year, dude. That's why I'm hoping they can at least compete for 3rd place and a winning season.

1-3 will go to NY,Bos,Tampa in no particular order.

O's will be fortunate to get 4th.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 02:15:22 PM »
sergio to milwalkee for chris dickerson.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 03:21:48 PM »
Montero is not ready for the show just yet.  :-\

i think he was responsible for at least one balk.

hes been less than stellar with the bat.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 10:35:06 AM »
Lidge and Utley both on the dl for the Phillies.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »
Lidge and Utley both on the dl for the Phillies.
bad stuff for the phillies spending big bucks and some key pieces go down early maybe for the year.werth will be missed. francisco will pick up some of the slack, but castillo or whoever plays second won't cut it offensively. they should have saved the ten million they spent on a new scoreboard which they didn't need. season is sold out already.the closer contreres is old ibanez is ancient. i a phillies fan so i can hope old charlie can make sense of it all.
F

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 11:38:03 AM »
bad stuff for the phillies spending big bucks and some key pieces go down early maybe for the year.werth will be missed. francisco will pick up some of the slack, but castillo or whoever plays second won't cut it offensively. they should have saved the ten million they spent on a new scoreboard which they didn't need. season is sold out already.the closer contreres is old ibanez is ancient. i a phillies fan so i can hope old charlie can make sense of it all.

Pitching should be able to hold until they get back.....if they do.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 06:00:10 AM »
Yanks at 1:00 today 8)

.....old school,will be listening on the radio.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 07:12:19 AM »
East will be tough. IMO with all the moves Boston made they just got even with the NY lineup. If Beckett and Lackey rebound I think Boston wins the division. Tampa will still be good if they have some bullpen pieces.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 08:10:58 AM »
East will be tough. IMO with all the moves Boston made they just got even with the NY lineup. If Beckett and Lackey rebound I think Boston wins the division. Tampa will still be good if they have some bullpen pieces.

What?  The Boston Herald has already declared them the Best. Team. EVAH.  It's a done deal.

I hear you though.  I'd still take NY lineup over Boston's, but the margin has shrunk.  Based on the opening day lineup a 7-8-9 of Cameron/Saltalamaccia/Scutaro is kind of weak compared to Posada/Granderson/Martin.  But I'm splitting hairs.

I hope you and b88 post a decent amount of baseball stuff this year.  Could be fun.

Y

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 09:11:02 AM »
What?  The Boston Herald has already declared them the Best. Team. EVAH.  It's a done deal.

I hear you though.  I'd still take NY lineup over Boston's, but the margin has shrunk.  Based on the opening day lineup a 7-8-9 of Cameron/Saltalamaccia/Scutaro is kind of weak compared to Posada/Granderson/Martin.  But I'm splitting hairs.

I hope you and b88 post a decent amount of baseball stuff this year.  Could be fun.

lol at least the bandwagon is full again. I think Martin is going to have a big year and Soriano is a very underrated addition. The West is going to be interesting. A lot of people are picking Oakland but Texas still looks good to me. Losing Lee hurts, but just as much good young pitching as Oakland but a lineup with much more pop and a top 5 closer.