Author Topic: fat burning and cardio  (Read 12391 times)

sixone193

• Getbig I
Re: fat burning and cardio
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 11:05:37 PM »
ok. wow. i didnt know oatmeal was high glycemic. Another bodybuilder told me he eats brown rice. But I was also told that instant oatmeal is high glycemic, where as organic jumbo oat non-instant would be lower glycemic. That's the stuff I use. But I will try switching over to brown rice and some sweet potatoes. I use nuts and avocado for my fats. chicken salmon and cottage cheese for protein... But I don't know too much. I am having trouble getting below 15%. I just did a bunch of cardio (morning with coffee in gym - 1 hr. sat and sunday plus night 40 min at night.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 05:01:49 AM »
ok. wow. i didnt know oatmeal was high glycemic. Another bodybuilder told me he eats brown rice. But I was also told that instant oatmeal is high glycemic, where as organic jumbo oat non-instant would be lower glycemic. That's the stuff I use. But I will try switching over to brown rice and some sweet potatoes. I use nuts and avocado for my fats. chicken salmon and cottage cheese for protein... But I don't know too much. I am having trouble getting below 15%. I just did a bunch of cardio (morning with coffee in gym - 1 hr. sat and sunday plus night 40 min at night.

no....instant oatmeal(plain) and whole oats are both low glycemic.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2007, 05:32:57 AM »

there was a book by Gerard Dente called macrobolic nutrition that breaks down the GI really well, it does eventually turn into a marketing tool for his supplement company-MNP but it still has a ton of great information if you can find it, they used to sell it at GNC, got mine for 4.00 and it's great.
nasser=piece of shit

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 08:21:11 AM »
download that ebook on the nutrition section if youve got the time

Where exactly, papi

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2007, 11:15:43 AM »
no....instant oatmeal(plain) and whole oats are both low glycemic.
most store bought oatmeal has alot of sugar in it.   just check the nutrition labels first...."weight smart" oatmeal from quaker is the best you can gte as far as sugar/fiber ratio goes
d[-_-]b actin all cool

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 05:05:42 PM »
most store bought oatmeal has alot of sugar in it.   just check the nutrition labels first...."weight smart" oatmeal from quaker is the best you can gte as far as sugar/fiber ratio goes

again.....PLAIN instant oatmeal is low glycemic.....yes, if you buy the flavored it will contain simple sugars....so just go w store brand, PLAIN instant.....

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 07:45:48 AM »
yes, plain oatmeal is low glycemic, I just "count it" as high because for some reason it causes a reaction in me similar to eating white carbs or even sugar. I have tried oatmeal in my diet several times over the last 8 years and each time I give it up for this reason. I know it does not make sense from a basic nutritional standpoint, I don't have this problem with any other low glycemic carb, explanation might be my hypoglycemic tendencies, being more carb sensitive then normal in conjunction with how I metabolize this particular food. ???

interesting....the only carbs eat are oatmeal, brown instant rice and the occasional can of sweet potatoes