Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 586097 times)

astro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #750 on: September 04, 2015, 10:07:21 AM »
You'd sit perfect on one of Indian Larry's old chops, it's sort of what you're describing. NYC, too, but everyone's since gone outta business (and Larry outta life). Might still be able to track one down.

His stuff was cool as hell - no stretch or oversized forks. Real old school chop/bob kinda deal. Think Brad Pitt still rides his around L.A.

i can't even see a throttle cable on the first pic???

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #751 on: September 04, 2015, 10:21:07 AM »
i can't even see a throttle cable on the first pic???

Internal.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #752 on: September 04, 2015, 11:40:50 AM »
Sorry to disappoint you.  I went a bit old-school and unpopular- 1984 Honda Nighthawk S

awesome bike!!  I recently bought a 1974 Honda 750four.  my uncle had one when I was a kid and I stared at it for hours when we would visit my grandmother.

Harley, we are probably similar age, judging by that bike being around when you were in high school.  funny how once you are successful the things you wished for as a kid are still prominent; I've heard, lol.

astro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #753 on: September 04, 2015, 11:51:43 AM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #754 on: September 04, 2015, 12:02:21 PM »
That was a whole 5'7" pal.  LOL
I like the forks extended a bit and monkey grips are kool but probably unrealistic for me.
I like the way Ugly's handlebars are very bare
Why unrealistic?  You've obviously got connections in the custom car scene, surely one of those guys could point you in the direction of a custom bike shop. Absolutely no reason you can't get the bike you want.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #755 on: September 04, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »
Why unrealistic?  You've obviously got connections in the custom car scene, surely one of those guys could point you in the direction of a custom bike shop. Absolutely no reason you can't get the bike you want.

You should build it for him, CH!
X

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #756 on: September 04, 2015, 02:11:54 PM »
Harley:
I have no idea what state you are in. Are you able to represent people in a different country? Like, if/when I committed a crime in Saskatchewan, Canada, would you be able to come up here and represent me or are there limits and laws that apply?

thanks

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #757 on: September 04, 2015, 02:18:45 PM »
   I meant unrealistic because my arms are so damn short.  My reach is a big disadvantage of which I am constantly reminded every time
I get hit in the face and can't even touch my opponent.  LOL
   Ape bars are definitely kool in my eyes but not very comfortable for longer rides.
   I do think as we get older we romanticize about the things we had as kids or even the things we wanted to have as kids.
   I swear I had a purple Bruce Lee t-shirt when I was in the 5th grade and can't find it anywhere on Ebay but if I did, I would write a stupid check.
   Same thing with a Walt Frazier poster from the 70's I can't find on Ebay.  But when I do, I will be a most serious bidder.  Another item that peaks my
interest are concert t shirts or 3/4 sleeve jerseys.  I went to see everyone when I was younger and always bought a shirt.  I've looked and sometimes they
make reproductions which are fine by me but they don't look like nor have the same image as the real one I remember.  I've really seen some great concerts going far back
and the shirts from those shows still elude me.  Well, maybe one day.
   I have a whole category on my iPod entitled "Workout Music" and I like to hear it when I train MMA/BJJ.  

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #758 on: September 04, 2015, 02:21:30 PM »
Harley:
I have no idea what state you are in. Are you able to represent people in a different country? Like, if/when I committed a crime in Saskatchewan, Canada, would you be able to come up here and represent me or are there limits and laws that apply?

thanks

Dear Potatank,
  I have represented people from all over the U.S. without any issue.  I don't know about other countries but I would imagine I could sit at Counsel Table as an Advisor to the Accused.
  Sometimes lawyers hire me but run the whole case and just have me there just in case the matter does end up in a trial before a jury.
  When I hired my Portuguese Professor, I told him my goal was to be able to learn Portuguese well enough to conduct a trial before a jury in Rio.
Harley

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #759 on: September 04, 2015, 02:58:57 PM »
Harley,
     When is the last time you used the N-word and why?
Sincerely,
   SA

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #760 on: September 04, 2015, 03:04:36 PM »
awesome bike!!  I recently bought a 1974 Honda 750four.  my uncle had one when I was a kid and I stared at it for hours when we would visit my grandmother.

Harley, we are probably similar age, judging by that bike being around when you were in high school.  funny how once you are successful the things you wished for as a kid are still prominent; I've heard, lol.

Dear Hazbin,
  I find your last point quite interesting.  I think about that quite a bit.
  As far as cars, I would today, without any hesitation, buy a 1970 Volvo 144 S if I could find one in great mechanical and running condition.  I would paint it black and have gray
interior as that was the car I remember my Dad driving when I was a very young kid.  I look and look for the car and my Builder, Jason Pratt thinks I am either nuts or just
pulling his leg.
  Sometimes we look for things that evoke a certain feeling or mood within us solely because of our relationship with that item to our own past.  That feeling is priceless.
Harley

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #761 on: September 04, 2015, 03:24:18 PM »
Sometimes we look for things that evoke a certain feeling or mood within us solely because of our relationship with that item to our own past.  That feeling is priceless.
Harley

Beautifully stated...

Sometimes I go out for a nice jog around NYC (mostly Tribeca, Meat packing district, Hell's Kitchen or the South Street Seaport) around 4-5am in the morning and listen to Billy Joel's Just The Way You Are and realize that a great part of what makes us who we are, are these memories, toys and sometimes people that remain in our lives. These individuals and sometimes objects are what brings us back to who we truly are.

"1"

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #762 on: September 04, 2015, 03:28:33 PM »
Harley,
     When is the last time you used the N-word and why?
Sincerely,
   SA

Dear SaintAnger,
  I use that word all the time when I am quoting parts of a case's Discovery (any and all evidence in a case).
  Other than that, I don't use it as I find it offensive.
  I also find it offensive when others, blacks or whites, use it amongst themselves even as a term of endearment or greeting.
  Again, another example I point to of a cultural cancer.
Harley

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #763 on: September 04, 2015, 03:36:25 PM »
Dear SaintAnger,
  I use that word all the time when I am quoting parts of a case's Discovery (any and all evidence in a case).
  Other than that, I don't use it as I find it offensive.
  I also find it offensive when others, blacks or whites, use it amongst themselves even as a term of endearment or greeting.
  Again, another example I point to of a cultural cancer.
Harley

Sometimes, you intrigue me. Others, not so much.  But then that is true of all of us.  As for your supposition on memories, there are times when we miss just the feelings evoked and not the one(s) who elicit them.

Be well.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #764 on: September 04, 2015, 03:44:57 PM »
Sometimes, you intrigue me. Others, not so much.  But then that is true of all of us.  As for your supposition on memories, there are times when we miss just the feelings evoked and not the one(s) who elicit them.

Be well.

One is well reminded of that when one runs into one's old flame.  The trouble with old flames is that old flames have become even older.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #765 on: September 04, 2015, 03:50:18 PM »
Beautifully stated...

Sometimes I go out for a nice jog around NYC (mostly Tribeca, Meat packing district, Hell's Kitchen or the South Street Seaport) around 4-5am in the morning and listen to Billy Joel's Just The Way You Are and realize that a great part of what makes us who we are, are these memories, toys and sometimes people that remain in our lives. These individuals and sometimes objects are what brings us back to who we truly are.

"1"

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #766 on: September 04, 2015, 06:11:36 PM »
Dear GetBiggers,
  I have a serious question for you:
  What do you do when you want to put yourself in a calm and reflective mood after a troubling day?
  I'm serious.  How do you cope when things get a bit more chaotic than perhaps you can handle?  Everyone has
stress and we all need to develop ways to ameliorate its detrimental effects especially when it comes in a massive
tidal wave-like manner.
  Tonight, I went back to something I used to do when I was in high school and college.  I would sit in a room not too overly
lit with a drink of my choosing.  Back then it might have been a 7 & 7 or Gin and tonic.  Tonight it's actually coffee.
  I would then, from beginning to end, listen to, on vinyl, the first 4 Dire Straits albums, in order (Dire Straits, Communique, Making Movies and Love Over Gold).
I'm not sure how many of you were or are willing to listen to them in their entirety but they really are as close to Masters as are any other albums I've heard.  They
are intimate in the sense you feel you are the only listener.  They are simple in that Mark Knopfler's guitar and voice don't beat you down while at the same time his virtuosity leaves you in awe.
The songs are intricate yet easy to enjoy and emote a sincerity that makes you feel much closer to Knopfler than say you could ever be to Mick Jagger.
  Listening to them inspires me to achieve greatness.  As we discussed earlier, that is a theme about which I often think.  I wish more people would examine that theme.
Harley
  In my opinion, those albums are truly great just for what they did and can still do for me.  Great artists have that ability to innervate a nerve within you thereby releasing an emotion
or a tension that had been itching to surface but need the proper stimuli. 

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #767 on: September 04, 2015, 06:55:59 PM »
normally through extreme amounts of cardio for me, and valium as a rare indulgence when i'm particularly struggling to sleep. Normally benadryl tends to do the trick though. Gin and tonic and coffee are also my two favorite drinks. you should check out Peter Green is you like that sort of guitar music; i like to chill out and play a bit of blues guitar now and again. Jumping at shadows is one of those blues songs by him that leaves me in awe.

I've lately been really feeling a strong urge to compete in boxing again as work is particularly stressful and i've been missing the buzz of it quite a bit recently.

Dear CaptainFreedom,
  Thank you for your insight.
  Boxing is a great pursuit.  Sometimes I tell my MMA Coach that "I need to get hit today" and he understands.  Sometimes the stress we have from life can be filtered from
the Fat Suit Bastards who seek to denigrate any of their subordinates down to the basic release of just being a "man" and fighting for something, getting hit, taking a risk, losing
in something that physically hurts.  Men don't need to be "men" anymore which is a big topic of thought for me.
  I've been working on an Essay entitled "Greatness" to which I alluded to earlier and I would love to write an essay entitled "Why Men Are No Longer Men."
Harley

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #768 on: September 04, 2015, 06:56:21 PM »
Dear GetBiggers,
  What do you do when you want to put yourself in a calm and reflective mood after a troubling day?
  I'm serious.  How do you cope when things get a bit more chaotic than perhaps you can handle?  Everyone has
stress and we all need to develop ways to ameliorate its detrimental effects especially when it comes in a massive
tidal wave-like manner.
  Tonight, I went back to something I used to do when I was in high school and college.  I would sit in a room not too overly
lit with a drink of my choosing.  Back then it might have been a 7 & 7 or Gin and tonic.  Tonight it's actually coffee.
  I would then, from beginning to end, listen to, on vinyl, the first 4 Dire Straits albums, in order (Dire Straits, Communique, Making Movies and Love Over Gold).
I'm not sure how many of you were or are willing to listen to them in their entirety but they really are as close to Masters as are any other albums I've heard.  They
are intimate in the sense you feel you are the only listener.  They are simple in that Mark Knopfler's guitar and voice don't beat you down while at the same time his virtuosity leaves you in awe.
The songs are intricate yet easy to enjoy and emote a sincerity that makes you feel much closer to Knopfler than say you could ever be to Mick Jagger.
  Listening to them inspires me to achieve greatness.  As we discussed earlier, that is a theme about which I often think.  I wish more people would examine that theme.
Harley
  In my opinion, those albums are truly great just for what they did and can still do for me.  Great artists have that ability to innervate a nerve within you thereby releasing an emotion

You help me with "ameliorate," and I'll help you with decompression.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #769 on: September 04, 2015, 07:07:55 PM »
You help me with "ameliorate," and I'll help you with decompression.

To assuage, palliate or diminish

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #770 on: September 04, 2015, 07:26:19 PM »
  I appreciate your passion for the Harley Davidson brand but I buy what I like, not what Madison Ave makes some people (not you) think they like or even need to be happy.
   This was the bike I dreamed about owning when I was in High School and college.  I started riding a motorcycle when I was 13 and drove it on the street as if it
were my car and I was 17.  I used to ride a motorcycle, completely illegally to and from High School until I was old enough for a license.  Back then, the cops would just
call a tow truck half the time and being a juvenile and a decent talker, they never pressed charges.

I know that feel  Harley , when I was  a kid  I used to have this poster in my room , I dreamed of one day owning it ,I still have the bike  and I wouldn't change it for any other bike.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #771 on: September 04, 2015, 07:51:36 PM »
To diminish

Ok, smartypants: favorite bottle of red, 1-2 Norco 10/325, Miles Davis's 'Kind of Blue,' headphones required.

Enjoy.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #772 on: September 04, 2015, 07:52:09 PM »
Dear GetBiggers,
  I'm serious.  How do you cope when things get a bit more chaotic than perhaps you can handle?  Everyone has
tidal wave-like manner.
  Tonight, I went back to something I used to do when I was in high school and college.  I would sit in a room not too overly
lit with a drink of my choosing.  Back then it might have been a 7 & 7 or Gin and tonic.  Tonight it's actually coffee.
I'm not sure how many of you were or are willing to listen to them in their entirety but they really are as close to Masters as are any other albums I've heard.  They
are intimate in the sense you feel you are the only listener.  They are simple in that Mark Knopfler's guitar and voice don't beat you down while at the same time his virtuosity leaves you in awe.
  Listening to them inspires me to achieve greatness.  As we discussed earlier, that is a theme about which I often think.  I wish more people would examine that theme.
Harley
  In my opinion, those albums are truly great just for what they did and can still do for me.  Great artists have that ability to innervate a nerve within you thereby releasing an emotion

I don't.  I eat and I go to sleep.  Truth. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #773 on: September 04, 2015, 07:53:03 PM »
Dear GetBiggers,

Lift heavy shit
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #774 on: September 04, 2015, 07:57:22 PM »
Lift heavy shit

So what are your heaviest lifts?