Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 586108 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #1350 on: September 20, 2015, 06:32:18 PM »
Dear Harley,
What do you think about the Oilympia 2015?

Dear OB1,
  Trust me, it's coming out on Tuesday.  I just returned home from Vegas and have 6 cases and 2 meeting with Prosecutors tomorrow so I am
trying to get a bit prepared.
  Of course, I just can't ignore GetBig for too long and I am curious to read what you guys thought.
  I was hoping to get some feedback about Craig and how you think he looked and where he should've placed (if not where he landed).
  Just because I am his Training Partner and friend, doesn't mean I don't want to hear criticism, preferably sincere and or constructive.  It's always good
to get the view from "other eyes."
  I am quite disgusted with the Powers That Be and will voice my sentiments this week as they can't hurt me-- I don't compete, I don't work for them,
I don't push any product line and they don't pay my bills so they can continue with their NPC "Non-Profit" charade and their IFBB political nightmare for all I care but
I live in America and my voice, perhaps meaningless, but thanks to my Dad and ALL the other men and women who served in our military forces, has just the same rights to be heard as does theirs.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1351 on: September 20, 2015, 06:36:01 PM »
Hey Guys,
  When I return in full force on Tuesday, I am going to have a very special question for Vince G who repeatedly
attempted to diminish my opinion regarding Kai, whether Kai needs to compete and just how well advised he is.
  I know he is well respected here and well liked but nevertheless, why can't someone ask a legitimate yet challenging question as
long as it's done with respect?
Harley

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1352 on: September 20, 2015, 06:36:22 PM »
Hey Guys,
 It appears that Herne posted pics on Random Pics of himself at the Olympia.  
  I am a bit saddened he chose not to introduce himself to me and Craig as we are long time fans of his
and I owe him a special appreciation.  I would really have liked to buy him a drink or some dinner.
  Well, everyone should choose their own path but hopefully, his and mine will cross and I can at least thank him
and perhaps change his opinion of me, whatever that may be or how he came to it.
Harley

Older gentleman wearing the red toddler tee? How do we know it's him?

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #1353 on: September 20, 2015, 06:39:24 PM »
Dear OB1,
  Trust me, it's coming out on Tuesday.  I just returned home from Vegas and have 6 cases and 2 meeting with Prosecutors tomorrow so I am
trying to get a bit prepared.
  Of course, I just can't ignore GetBig for too long and I am curious to read what you guys thought.
  I was hoping to get some feedback about Craig and how you think he looked and where he should've placed (if not where he landed).
  Just because I am his Training Partner and friend, doesn't mean I don't want to hear criticism, preferably sincere and or constructive.  It's always good
to get the view from "other eyes."
  I am quite disgusted with the Powers That Be and will voice my sentiments this week as they can't hurt me-- I don't compete, I don't work for them,
I don't push any product line and they don't pay my bills so they can continue with their NPC "Non-Profit" charade and their IFBB political nightmare for all I care but
I live in America and my voice, perhaps meaningless, but thanks to my Dad and ALL the other men and women who served in our military forces, has just the same rights to be heard as does theirs.
Harley

Alright.
Looking forward to it.
©

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1354 on: September 20, 2015, 06:40:35 PM »
Older gentleman wearing the red toddler tee? How do we know it's him?

No, middle aged guy wearing yellow spandex shirt posing with bodybuilders.  I just assumed but perhaps I am way off.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1355 on: September 20, 2015, 06:47:59 PM »
Yeah, same dude, different day.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #1356 on: September 20, 2015, 08:17:43 PM »
Hey Guys,
   I want to begin by saying that I actually missed being able to read your thoughts and your threads during my time away at the Mr. Olympia.
   By now, you know that Craig took 9th Place in the 212 Division. 
   I did look for Lou Ferrigno at the Expo but never found him.  I don't think he was there but you guys would know better. 
   I want to mention before I have to leave and prepare for work just a bit about my encounters with the following persons:
Wiggs-  I would be less than honest if I were to say that I was not a little bit nervous in meeting him.  Stuntmovie said he would bring him over and I was concerned
            as to how it would go.  Well, I am here to say that once Wiggs and I agreed to leave out the issue of whether or not I am Jewish (and we both laughed as
            we made this an immediate non-issue) I could not have had a better time in speaking with him.  A gentleman, polite, a good listener and very intelligent.
            I wanted to know a bit about himself and his background but I did not wish to pry into his personal life.  What I found was an insightful, bright, well-educated,
            hard working and caring of a person.  I have to say, given my short lifespan on GetBig, I wasn't sure what to expect from any of the men behind the computer
            screens, especially Wiggs.   I wasn't even sure they would let him in the building before I met him.  He is a very nice guy and a pleasure to be around.  He is
            quite up-beat too.  I thanked Wiggs for his giving me a fair shot here on GetBig and told him what a pleasure it was to meet him.
Stuntmovie-  I actually spoke to him once on the phone and realized he is but an encyclopedia of bodybuilding!!!  He was so nice in leaving me a message and offering to
                    give me a ride from the airport.  He found me at the Meet The Olympians and just could not have been more welcoming to me.  He was the one who brought
                   Wiggs and Ron over to meet me.  Stuntmovie appears to be a somewhat private person so I didn't want o press my luck in asking too many questions but he
                   was really very nice.
Ron-  Yes, I got to meet Ron.  Again, just a nice, real person.   No attitude, no pomposity.  He didn't even tell me he owns this site.  I am still trying to figure out who is who so
         I asked about you guys and about Ron himself.  He has such nice things to say about you guys and he really seems to do this because he loves the sport.  We all took photos
         together and I introduced them all to Craig who was just thrilled to meet everyone.
  I will write some more in the next few days about a few things, if they interest you (my meeting Mike Christian, Fabricio Werdum, my interaction with Guy Sisternino's fans, the fans
of Eddie Correa, the fans of Jose Raymond, the complete disgust I have for The Orleans Hotel, and of course, the poor event that was Mr. Olympia.
    I was hoping to meet more GetBiggers but thanks to everyone who was so nice to me and Craig.
Harley

Dear Harley

I think you must be confussing Wiggs with another getbigger.

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1357 on: September 20, 2015, 08:19:33 PM »
Dear Harley

I think you must be confussing Wiggs with another getbigger.

^^
From my encounters with Wiggs i have to say the same.
Very intelligent.
Maybe wise even.
©

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1358 on: September 20, 2015, 08:28:45 PM »
Harley,

How did you discover getbig.com?

I used to post on some shitty site called wannabebig.com (oh brother) and they would always say getbig was like a warzone, came here and read a thread about Lee Priest defecating on booty's chest and never went back.
I used to post on there too........remember Chris Mason?

I posted almost everywhere at one time or another.   :(

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1359 on: September 20, 2015, 09:14:26 PM »
No, middle aged guy wearing yellow spandex shirt posing with bodybuilders.  I just assumed but perhaps I am way off.
Doubt that was herne. He hardly posts to say anything, 99% poctures from that account.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #1360 on: September 20, 2015, 09:25:56 PM »

I posted almost everywhere at one time or another.   :(

at least not worse than me...i discovered this site through matt ogus (no homo)
T

OB1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1361 on: September 20, 2015, 09:28:17 PM »
at least not worse than me...i discovered this site through matt ogus (no homo)

google.de brought me here.
©

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1362 on: September 21, 2015, 02:56:50 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I could be completely wrong, but I think I read a piece where Shawn Ray is criticizing Chris Aceto for giving Cedric too many diuretics and not caring
about the guy's health.
 IF that is really what Shawn is saying, and again, I could have this all wrong, but I can PERSONALLY comment on this issue.
 I will NOT comment (attack Shawn) until I have a better understanding as to just who Shawn is attacking.
Harley

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #1363 on: September 21, 2015, 02:59:40 AM »

I posted almost everywhere at one time or another.   :(

Yes!  One of the bigger guys on wannabebig, I think he was one of the mods there.  

Chris used to post here too, haven't seen a post from him in years though:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=587

I don't recall what my username was over there, this was like 10 years ago.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1364 on: September 21, 2015, 03:17:17 AM »
Hey Guys,
  Yes, I am doing it.  I am going out on a limb and publicly announcing that today, Monday, September 21, 2015 is Day One.
  I am now on a 15 Week Diet Program to get out of this terrible physical and much more important, mental, condition I have permitted
myself to become.
  Oh, listen, thanks to Las Vegas and my short time here on GetBig, I am well aware of the risks in making such an announcement.  Credibility
is an important trait on GetBig and now, once I hit that "Post" button, mine is forever on the line.   No excuses, no more issues popping up, this
would have to be it.  Well, I am going to hit both the "Post" button and the "Time To Man Up, Change Your Life and Put Aside Depression and Other
Excuses" Button.
  Everyone loses a parent, a dog and goes through rough times.  I let it get the better of me for far too long.  It's been years and I'm tired of the fat jokes,
clothes not fitting, the feelings of embarrassment and the inner thoughts of complete and utter failure.  Trust me, making money and having "stuff" is nice, but if you feel
like a failure and are embarrassed at your own self, money will not "cure" those feelings. There really are important things in life money just won't buy.  Self-esteem
is, at least for me, one of those things.
  My weight got as high as 227 lbs.  Today, I weighed in at 212.2 lbs.  My all-time best condition was at 167 lbs. but I think that might be a bit too light given
my age and diminished muscle since that 167 weigh-in.
  Nevertheless, the goal is 167 pounds in 15 weeks!!!!  That number will ONLY change if Craig determines I should be heavier at my ultimate condition and I can do that.
  Well, I set the alarm for 5:30 am, got the cat fed, got myself ready and just finished my coffee.  I will go do my first 1 hour session of cardio and the other 1 hour session
late tonight.  Today is a day off from the gym which is good as I have 6 cases and 2 meetings with Prosecutors.  
  Now, I am prepared for some vicious assaults and I am going to wear some thick skin just for that because many people make such lofty goals and pronounce them as if
someone else should care.
  The reason I announced this here, at Craig's reticence, is that I feel very lucky to have been so well received and this is a place where I suppose others, perhaps not crazy
enough to publicly admit it, feel the same as I have felt the past few years and also wish to change how they look.  Here is a place to find not sympathy, but rather, empathy,
knowledge, advice and perhaps even support.  I am not one of those people who forget those who support me and I wish to thank, in advance, anyone who feels like I do and
is wishing me well.  I am looking at this as more of a team effort which gives me a bit more hope and optimism.  As I capture this on my documentary (and I will speak of how
the IFBB and the Orleans Hotel tried to fuck up my documentary!!!!) I will be thanking GetBig and no, that will NOT be edited out of the final cut.
  Well, "Cardio-Time" and off to begin this brutal but necessary journey of my personal redemption.
  Thanks for listening (I guess I should write "reading").
Harley

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #1365 on: September 21, 2015, 03:50:57 AM »
hey harley i was in the same boat got up to 240

did two brutal cardio sessions per day for monthes , now 175   

as one gets older cardio is way more effective in losing weight.  in my 20's i could just go on a low carb diet and do weights

that doesnt work as well now as it did then

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1366 on: September 21, 2015, 04:06:25 AM »

Nevertheless, the goal is 167 pounds in 15 weeks!!!!
Harley

Admirable goal, but why put a time deadline on it?  If you are losing the weight AND feeling better each week or so, that is what counts.  Accept is as a lifestyle change and the weight will settle where it will.
Y

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1367 on: September 21, 2015, 04:29:55 AM »
Dear Old School Fan,
  That is awesome!!!  You must feel great.
  It's funny, every time I got in shape, there was a massive amount of cardio involved and it wasn't my BJJ or MMA, it was the elyptic rider for me.
  Your success is encouraging.
  Thanks.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1368 on: September 21, 2015, 04:32:02 AM »
Dear Grape Ape,
  The reason for the time line is that without one, I find too many excuses and don't feel the pressure.
  Once the damn weight is off, the maintenance is so much easier.
  I'm just one of those guys that can't have any cheat meals or a loosening of the rules.
  I do agree that once I lose all the fat and then gain a bit of muscle, the weight will settle at a place provided I make
a true lifestyle change which I have to do.
Harley

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1369 on: September 21, 2015, 04:41:17 AM »
Yes!  One of the bigger guys on wannabebig, I think he was one of the mods there. 

Chris used to post here too, haven't seen a post from him in years though:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=587

I don't recall what my username was over there, this was like 10 years ago.
Yup,I remember him posting here also.

Lots of guys have come and gone.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1370 on: September 21, 2015, 04:46:06 AM »
Yup,I remember him posting here also.

Lots of guys have come and gone.

I have to search through my PMs and see the one I got from Jay Cutler back in 2005 when he use to post here. I just hope it wasn't when I had the Mtwain account that got TOed then banned because of Lee Priest.

Ron nuked that account.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1371 on: September 21, 2015, 04:46:41 AM »
Harley did you read my last PM?

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #1372 on: September 21, 2015, 05:04:47 AM »
Dear Old School Fan,
  That is awesome!!!  You must feel great.
  It's funny, every time I got in shape, there was a massive amount of cardio involved and it wasn't my BJJ or MMA, it was the elyptic rider for me.
  Your success is encouraging.
  Thanks.
Harley

yes harley i feel alot better , even now what i do , i do bike for 25 minutes, jump on precor for 25 minutes then tread mill for 15

i am 38 now,   and cardio has helped me the most losing weight.  and of course i make sure i am breaking a sweat  gong from 240-190  was the most brutal and mentally challenging thing ive ever done, ha  i dont want to go through that again.

but just like you the first thing i do every morning very early is get out of bed and go do my cardio no exceptions even on weekends.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #1373 on: September 21, 2015, 05:07:57 AM »
Dear Grape Ape,
  The reason for the time line is that without one, I find too many excuses and don't feel the pressure.
  Once the damn weight is off, the maintenance is so much easier.
  I'm just one of those guys that can't have any cheat meals or a loosening of the rules.
  I do agree that once I lose all the fat and then gain a bit of muscle, the weight will settle at a place provided I make
a true lifestyle change which I have to do.
Harley

hey harley i noticed this to,  i am dieting hard now for a long vacation i am going to take   over seas,  i do not binge  at all, like i dont have a bing day at all, if i cheat it is for one meal only that day , and i make a point not to eat anything that day,  if i binge for the whole day i can literally gain back like 8  to 10 lbs of water,  and it is so hard to take that back off.  this was the most difficult thing for me to do is eliminate binge days, but then i thought to myself all the brutal cardio i have to do , to take that weight off i gained back.    and sometimes if i want a hamburger i just fry up the patty and do a lettuce wrap for it.     

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1374 on: September 21, 2015, 05:12:13 AM »
I have to search through my PMs and see the one I got from Jay Cutler back in 2005 when he use to post here. I just hope it wasn't when I had the Mtwain account that got TOed then banned because of Lee Priest.

Ron nuked that account.
I got one from Aceto (old friend from back home),if I can find it.......gotta` delete about 2 million PM`s!!  :D