Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 586096 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #1375 on: September 21, 2015, 06:15:54 AM »
Yup,I remember him posting here also.

Lots of guys have come and gone.

I remember Chris M posting a video of him attempting TA's 225 deadlift for 112 reps in under five minutes feat, I think he got to 50 or so and gassed.

Harley good luck with your goals.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #1376 on: September 21, 2015, 06:42:07 AM »
Good luck. How tall are you?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #1377 on: September 21, 2015, 06:58:36 AM »
Hey Guys,
  Yes, I am doing it.  I am going out on a limb and publicly announcing that today, Monday, September 21, 2015 is Day One.
  I am now on a 15 Week Diet Program to get out of this terrible physical and much more important, mental, condition I have permitted
myself to become.

Oh, listen, thanks to Las Vegas and my short time here on GetBig, I am well aware of the risks in making such an announcement.  Credibility
is an important trait on GetBig and now, once I hit that "Post" button, mine is forever on the line.   No excuses, no more issues popping up, this
would have to be it.  Well, I am going to hit both the "Post" button and the "Time To Man Up, Change Your Life and Put Aside Depression and Other
Excuses" Button.
  Everyone loses a parent, a dog and goes through rough times.  I let it get the better of me for far too long.  It's been years and I'm tired of the fat jokes,
clothes not fitting, the feelings of embarrassment and the inner thoughts of complete and utter failure.  Trust me, making money and having "stuff" is nice, but if you feel
like a failure and are embarrassed at your own self, money will not "cure" those feelings. There really are important things in life money just won't buy.  Self-esteem
is, at least for me, one of those things.
  My weight got as high as 227 lbs.  Today, I weighed in at 212.2 lbs.  My all-time best condition was at 167 lbs. but I think that might be a bit too light given
my age and diminished muscle since that 167 weigh-in.
  Nevertheless, the goal is 167 pounds in 15 weeks!!!!  That number will ONLY change if Craig determines I should be heavier at my ultimate condition and I can do that.
  Well, I set the alarm for 5:30 am, got the cat fed, got myself ready and just finished my coffee.  I will go do my first 1 hour session of cardio and the other 1 hour session
late tonight.  Today is a day off from the gym which is good as I have 6 cases and 2 meetings with Prosecutors.  
  Now, I am prepared for some vicious assaults and I am going to wear some thick skin just for that because many people make such lofty goals and pronounce them as if
someone else should care.
  The reason I announced this here, at Craig's reticence, is that I feel very lucky to have been so well received and this is a place where I suppose others, perhaps not crazy
enough to publicly admit it, feel the same as I have felt the past few years and also wish to change how they look.  Here is a place to find not sympathy, but rather, empathy,
knowledge, advice and perhaps even support.  I am not one of those people who forget those who support me and I wish to thank, in advance, anyone who feels like I do and
is wishing me well.  I am looking at this as more of a team effort which gives me a bit more hope and optimism.  As I capture this on my documentary (and I will speak of how
the IFBB and the Orleans Hotel tried to fuck up my documentary!!!!) I will be thanking GetBig and no, that will NOT be edited out of the final cut.
  Well, "Cardio-Time" and off to begin this brutal but necessary journey of my personal redemption.
  Thanks for listening (I guess I should write "reading").
Harley

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1378 on: September 21, 2015, 07:00:00 AM »
Dear Grape Ape,
  The reason for the time line is that without one, I find too many excuses and don't feel the pressure.
  Once the damn weight is off, the maintenance is so much easier.
  I'm just one of those guys that can't have any cheat meals or a loosening of the rules.
  I do agree that once I lose all the fat and then gain a bit of muscle, the weight will settle at a place provided I make
a true lifestyle change which I have to do.
Harley

Makes sense - competing in OCR races and other stuff keeps me on point too.  I guess i just wouldn't be hell bent on the final number.  In other words, and this is just personal opinion so it's subjective, if I picked a desired weight, I could probably force my body to it.  But if my body settled in a range that was a bit above, I would think that would be a spot that would be easier to maintain then if I picked an absolute goal number to get there.

All good either way.....good luck....but from what I've read about you so far, you will not have any issue accomplishing your goal.
Y

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1379 on: September 21, 2015, 10:26:58 AM »
Hey Guys,
  Yes, I am doing it.  I am going out on a limb and publicly announcing that today, Monday, September 21, 2015 is Day One.
  I am now on a 15 Week Diet Program to get out of this terrible physical and much more important, mental, condition I have permitted
myself to become.
  Oh, listen, thanks to Las Vegas and my short time here on GetBig, I am well aware of the risks in making such an announcement.  Credibility
is an important trait on GetBig and now, once I hit that "Post" button, mine is forever on the line.   No excuses, no more issues popping up, this
would have to be it.  Well, I am going to hit both the "Post" button and the "Time To Man Up, Change Your Life and Put Aside Depression and Other
Excuses" Button.
  Everyone loses a parent, a dog and goes through rough times.  I let it get the better of me for far too long.  It's been years and I'm tired of the fat jokes,
clothes not fitting, the feelings of embarrassment and the inner thoughts of complete and utter failure.  Trust me, making money and having "stuff" is nice, but if you feel
like a failure and are embarrassed at your own self, money will not "cure" those feelings. There really are important things in life money just won't buy.  Self-esteem
  My weight got as high as 227 lbs.  Today, I weighed in at 212.2 lbs.  My all-time best condition was at 167 lbs. but I think that might be a bit too light given
  Nevertheless, the goal is 167 pounds in 15 weeks!!!!  That number will ONLY change if Craig determines I should be heavier at my ultimate condition and I can do that.
  Well, I set the alarm for 5:30 am, got the cat fed, got myself ready and just finished my coffee.  I will go do my first 1 hour session of cardio and the other 1 hour session
late tonight.  Today is a day off from the gym which is good as I have 6 cases and 2 meetings with Prosecutors.  
  Now, I am prepared for some vicious assaults and I am going to wear some thick skin just for that because many people make such lofty goals and pronounce them as if
  The reason I announced this here, at Craig's reticence, is that I feel very lucky to have been so well received and this is a place where I suppose others, perhaps not crazy
enough to publicly admit it, feel the same as I have felt the past few years and also wish to change how they look.  Here is a place to find not sympathy, but rather, empathy,
knowledge, advice and perhaps even support.  I am not one of those people who forget those who support me and I wish to thank, in advance, anyone who feels like I do and
is wishing me well.  I am looking at this as more of a team effort which gives me a bit more hope and optimism.  As I capture this on my documentary (and I will speak of how
the IFBB and the Orleans Hotel tried to fuck up my documentary!!!!) I will be thanking GetBig and no, that will NOT be edited out of the final cut.
  Well, "Cardio-Time" and off to begin this brutal but necessary journey of my personal redemption.
Harley

Hi, Harley!  Great post, and you're right in that you've now committed yourself.  (You are one of the few guys everyone will believe can actually do it, though.  You have been in excellent shape in the past, so that helps.  I know you will do it and it will be inspiring to watch.)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1380 on: September 21, 2015, 10:30:10 AM »
Good luck. How tall are you?

He's 5' 7"

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #1381 on: September 21, 2015, 10:47:31 AM »

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1382 on: September 21, 2015, 11:07:07 AM »
Hey Guys,
myself to become.
Excuses" Button.
Harley

calm down here Harley!!!

that's all I need is someone to inspire me to start working out again!!!  (no, seriously, that's all I need!!!)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1383 on: September 21, 2015, 11:22:35 AM »
calm down here Harley!!!

that's all I need is someone to inspire me to start working out again!!!  (no, seriously, that's all I need!!!)

You guys are about the same age, too.  He's removing all the convenient excuses for you!

;D

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1384 on: September 21, 2015, 11:25:17 AM »
Hey Guys,
  Thanks for all the support.  Day One always sounds so hysterically positive but there won't be any more crashes for me.  I can't live like this anymore.
  I just finished my 2nd round of cardio (1 hour each) and am drinking my third meal.
  I figured I would try to fit it in between conferences and court so I don't have to do it at 9:00 pm tonight.
  Eating 5-6 times per day is brutal for me as I don't like eating so many times and hate to stop what I am doing just to eat.  Thank God 5 Guys hasn't
yet figured out the genius of the "Drive Thru."
  I promise to get on my Mr. Olympia Report tomorrow but it isn't going to be pretty.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1385 on: September 21, 2015, 11:26:55 AM »
  I just turned 48 years old last week and yes, I am just 5 foot 7 inches but as I like to say, "who cares, bitch, you ain't stayin' but an hour."

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1386 on: September 21, 2015, 11:30:16 AM »
You guys are about the same age, too.  He's removing all the convenient excuses for you!

;D

I've got a few years on him.    my spine is the most limiting factor for me, and my attitude.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1387 on: September 21, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »
Hey Guys,
  Thanks for all the support.  Day One always sounds so hysterically positive but there won't be any more crashes for me.  I can't live like this anymore.
  I just finished my 2nd round of cardio (1 hour each) and am drinking my third meal.
  I figured I would try to fit it in between conferences and court so I don't have to do it at 9:00 pm tonight.
  Eating 5-6 times per day is brutal for me as I don't like eating so many times and hate to stop what I am doing just to eat.  Thank God 5 Guys hasn't
  I promise to get on my Mr. Olympia Report tomorrow but it isn't going to be pretty.
Harley
:D.. 8)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1388 on: September 21, 2015, 11:36:17 AM »
Hey Guys,
Harley

We are looking forward to it.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1389 on: September 21, 2015, 11:39:06 AM »
I've got a few years on him.    my spine is the most limiting factor for me, and my attitude.

Are you familiar with Jeff's (Be There, Simple Simon) use of bands to work out, hazbin?  If so, do you have any comment on it?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1390 on: September 21, 2015, 11:43:53 AM »
Hey Guys,
  When I return in full force on Tuesday, I am going to have a very special question for Vince G who repeatedly
attempted to diminish my opinion regarding Kai, whether Kai needs to compete and just how well advised he is.
  I know he is well respected here and well liked but nevertheless, why can't someone ask a legitimate yet challenging question as
long as it's done with respect?
Harley

Harley,
I'm going out on a limb here but i have to say this might be the most interesting post you've made so far.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1391 on: September 21, 2015, 11:49:06 AM »
Harley,
I'm going out on a limb here but i have to say this might be the most interesting post you've made so far.

Dear Dave D,
  Might I ask why?  I know I have to be careful when addressing your Venerable Vince G.
Harley

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1392 on: September 21, 2015, 12:06:09 PM »
Dear Dave D,
  Might I ask why?  I know I have to be careful when addressing your Venerable Vince G.
Harley

Harley,

Venom Vince is more of a whipping boy here. While he often will provide interesting info, Vince normally does it in a way that requires him go receive no credit for his "insider scoop".

He's a good dude otherwise

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #1393 on: September 21, 2015, 12:06:28 PM »
I rather enjoy this thread and your posts Harley.

You remind me of this guy a bit if you were a pro wrestler

"

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1394 on: September 21, 2015, 12:27:36 PM »
Harley,

Venom Vince is more of a whipping boy here. While he often will provide interesting info, Vince normally does it in a way that requires him go receive no credit for his "insider scoop".

He's a good dude otherwise

Dear Dave D,
  I have nothing against Vince G but we do differ as to how to run a business, or at least Kai's business.
  I don't know if Vince G has ever met Kai or watched as to how he conducts his business (on and away from the grapefruit, watermelon and towel).
Harley

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1395 on: September 21, 2015, 02:55:22 PM »
Hey Guys,
myself to become.
Excuses" Button.
Harley

dear Harley

you CAN do this..................it will take some reserve, fortitude and discipline- all of which you possess.

Don't forget you are a WORLD CHAMPION in BJJ and a high achiever in all other aspects of life AND you have got in great shape before.

It wont be a walk in the park but you CAN do it!

also, congrats to you and Craig @ the O- 9th in the world @ the highest level is something to be proud of and no mean feat.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #1396 on: September 22, 2015, 12:04:17 AM »
Nothing more to add then that i really enjoy your  posts  harley, if you ever want a visa to north korea just  call your local north korean bassy and say that kim jong bob from getbig says its ok

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1397 on: September 22, 2015, 02:27:59 AM »
Dear Old School Lifter,
  Thanks so much for the support and kind words!!!  It really does help, especially now at 5:23 am as I wait a bit for my coffee
to take some affect so that my eyes open wide enough to turn on the elyptic rider in my house for cardio.
  Well, Day One went perfectly but I can see that my law practice is going to suffer quite a bit.  There is only so much energy one can
muster and one needs to allocate that energy properly.
  Well, screw the law practice for 15 weeks.  The courthouse will still be standing long after I die and the system is so inefficient that almost
everything is "rush to show up, wait around forever and then just get a new date with nothing accomplished."
  My life can't be dictated by such incompetence.  Time to get in shape.
  I will be sure to get as much Olympia reporting in these next 2 days as possible.
  And thanks for the comments about Craig- 9th in the world isn't too bad.  I think with just a few more Gatorades in him and a couple
days of rest, Craig will be motivated to do even better next year, if he does the Olympia which I am not in favor.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1398 on: September 22, 2015, 02:37:56 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I was sent a PM by someone asking if I would mind if they set up separate threads for the questions and topics dealt with on this "Appreciation Thread."
  I really appreciate the interest but I must say that I am going to just stick to this thread here in terms of posting and responding.  As the request mentioned,
it would be a bit more work on my part and I just can't take that on right now.
  I am really happy on this one thread and I do feel that I have responded quickly (except when away at Olympia) to all your questions and thoughts.
  Also, I am very committed to answering all PMs as soon as they arrive and I have done that too and have kept those messages private as they should remain.
  Again, I thank you for the interest, but I just can't spread myself out over several threads.
  I am going to park myself here and hope that it works for the majority of you guys and that we can continue, especially now that your opinions as to diet, training
and cardio are going to help me on my newly announced quest.
  Thanks again.
Harley

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #1399 on: September 22, 2015, 03:18:25 AM »
A separate thread would just end up like this thread sooner or latee so no idea to that

Harley now that you are training hard and on diet do you take amy supplements?