Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 586097 times)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #1425 on: September 22, 2015, 11:47:26 AM »
Besides all the politics Sometimes i think that the judges  most look after bodyparts that stand out like huge arms  etc, the problem  for vraig is that  he has no bodyparts that really stands out
........but thats because  he has a great symmetri and every bodyparts fits the others and thats what they really should award and thats what bodybuilding is about. Craigs placing was a pure joke.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1426 on: September 22, 2015, 11:50:18 AM »
This gal, right? You know Herne doesn't know her, he just found the pic online. Never even responded to your inquiry. A little chewed up above the neck, but here's her Twitter info. Send a message:

https://mobile.twitter.com/nataliazardon?lang=en

That girl's body is ridiculous but it was in fact, not the specific home run that Herne hit

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1427 on: September 22, 2015, 11:51:50 AM »
Are you referring to David Henry?

Dear SF1900,
  No, I recognize David Henry of course and he is certainly quite the bodybuilder.
  Oddly enough, Craig beat him in an open contest but loses to him all the time in the 212.
  David Henry is nothing to sneeze at.  He is quite impressive in person on stage.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1428 on: September 22, 2015, 11:54:34 AM »
Besides all the politics Sometimes i think that the judges  most look after bodyparts that stand out like huge arms  etc, the problem  for vraig is that  he has no bodyparts that really stands out
........but thats because  he has a great symmetri and every bodyparts fits the others and thats what they really should award and thats what bodybuilding is about. Craigs placing was a pure joke.

Dear Kim Jong Bob,
  You are correct although Craig was criticized in years past because his shoulders and legs were "too big."  I think getting older took care of that a bit and
perhaps he is more balanced now.
  Branch Warren?  Who are they kidding?  He is a very nice guy but in terms of physiques, is there ANYONE who finds that pleasing to the eye?  Muscle for the sake of muscle
is not appealing.  How many times are they going to keep Victor Martinez in the top 10?
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1429 on: September 22, 2015, 12:09:37 PM »
The fact that Craig is a loner, relatively, and doesn't play the circle jerk, only goes to show that he was placed as low as possible without them risking backlash.  Who knows how high he might've placed if he was a flake.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1430 on: September 22, 2015, 12:10:59 PM »
The fact that Craig is a loner, relatively, and doesn't play the circle jerk, only goes to show that he was placed as low as possible without them risking backlash.  Who knows how high he might've placed if he was a flake.
RICHARDSON placed in the open mr o yrs ago..no slouch...

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1431 on: September 22, 2015, 12:12:10 PM »
My 2015 Mr. Olympia Report:
The Bottle Incident:  So my videographer, Eddie (a Marine who blazed a trail through Vegas as if it were Candy Land) and I are at the 212 Division Pre-Judging.
                               There is a guy sitting in his chair taking pictures with his camera.  That sounds like dozens of other people and not at all strange.  He is NOT
     standing up.  His arms are NOT stretched out above his head.  He is simply leaning forward with this arms and taking photos with a small camera and NO extended
     lens.  Some jerks from several rows behind him are yelling at him as if he is blocking their view.  He isn't.  He is by himself and just taking pictures in the most harmless
     of ways.  
                               Well, these guys throw a plastic water bottle at him and it hits him in the back.  The guy, realizing there is a group of them who threw it, doesn't turn around
    and those guys begin mocking him.  Eddie looks at me and says, "These guys are assholes."   I said, "Worse, they're bullies."  Eddie and I turn to them and Eddie yells "Hey assholes, what
    the fuck are you doing?"  They just look at us and don't respond.  Eddie yells, "Don't do that shit".  I then yell, "Why don't you throw a bottle at us?" They didn't.
                                Of course, there is no security and no one ensuring that people who paid for seats are actually in a seat and comfortable and not molested by the crowd.  It's a virtual
   free for all and no one stopping anyone.  Of course, Hide's contingency are standing and screaming the whole time as if no one else matters and that Hide is actually impressing someone.
Harley

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1432 on: September 22, 2015, 12:14:47 PM »

I was nowhere near Craig's caliber, (obviously) but had the same issue that I was too symmetrical and nothing jumped out.  if I/he had a bodypart that was proportionately too big, it might catch the judges eyes and then he'd get a better look. (matarazzo's arms, demayo's legs)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1433 on: September 22, 2015, 12:17:34 PM »
Hey Hazbin,
  Your physique was awesome when you competed.  Don't sell yourself short. And you did it more than once and at an older age.
  You have a great deal of which to be proud.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1434 on: September 22, 2015, 12:18:27 PM »
RICHARDSON placed in the open mr o yrs ago..no slouch...

No doubt, bro.. and in his 40s, he continues to kill it  (just like you do!!  ;) )

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1435 on: September 22, 2015, 12:29:44 PM »
Hey Hazbin,
  Your physique was awesome when you competed.  Don't sell yourself short. And you did it more than once and at an older age.
  You have a great deal of which to be proud.
Harley

thank you very much.   not to highjack, but a couple pics to show my balance.  I always wondered if I woulda gotten a better look if I blew out my arms or shoulders a bit; reducing my symmetry, but getting that 'wow factor'

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #1436 on: September 22, 2015, 12:30:48 PM »
Those old pics are really great.
©

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1437 on: September 22, 2015, 12:35:49 PM »
Looking like a boss, hazbin.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1438 on: September 22, 2015, 12:36:50 PM »
Looking like a boss, hazbin.
he was ...really good esp the lighter bw 'with hair'pics...

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1439 on: September 22, 2015, 12:47:41 PM »
he was ...really good esp the lighter bw 'with hair'pics...

I wonder how his physique would have been different if he'd used lighter weights.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1440 on: September 22, 2015, 12:52:55 PM »
I wonder how his physique would have been different if he'd used lighter weights.

I think a lot better,  I trained slow enough that  I could try to break personal strength records every workout.  then I met pros and watched them train lighter and faster paced to blow up the muscle as full as possible.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #1441 on: September 22, 2015, 12:53:18 PM »
Excellent pics Hazbin. This is what bodybuilding is all about.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1442 on: September 22, 2015, 12:56:51 PM »
Excellent pics Hazbin. This is what bodybuilding is all about.

not according to the judges. lol

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1443 on: September 22, 2015, 12:58:44 PM »
u got robbed there...man..can tell u were pissed...

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1444 on: September 22, 2015, 01:10:30 PM »
u got robbed there...man..can tell u were pissed...

more just disbelief.   that was for the Western Canadian championships, the biggest title I ever could have won.   I watched the prejudging tape in the afternoon, and we didn't even see this guy.  there were a couple others that I thought might give me a run, but they were out of the top three.

the way I justify not going crazy over it, is that I was an amateur, and it meant nothing financially. guys like Craig getting burnt when it could mean hundreds of thousands in endorsements and such is very sad.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1445 on: September 22, 2015, 01:50:23 PM »

You're on the left, right, and you didn't beat that guy?

Don't get it.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #1446 on: September 22, 2015, 01:52:45 PM »
I think a lot better,  I trained slow enough that  I could try to break personal strength records every workout.  then I met pros and watched them train lighter and faster paced to blow up the muscle as full as possible.
i did the same, sure i was big (not hazbin big) but when i starred to really grow was when i left my ego at home and didnt care how  much weight i lifted

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1447 on: September 22, 2015, 02:20:04 PM »
Wide shoulders of peace. Something I never had or Phil Heath. You will always be a legend here.

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #1448 on: September 22, 2015, 02:24:39 PM »

how in the holy fuck did that guy in the middle beat you?

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #1449 on: September 22, 2015, 02:39:00 PM »
I was nowhere near Craig's caliber, (obviously) but had the same issue that I was too symmetrical and nothing jumped out.  if I/he had a bodypart that was proportionately too big, it might catch the judges eyes and then he'd get a better look. (matarazzo's arms, demayo's legs)
and that is just wrong. .you should have been awarded for that not the other way around