Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 586087 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #1600 on: September 28, 2015, 05:55:04 AM »
Harley, how many calories are you eating a day? meal breakdown?

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1601 on: September 28, 2015, 05:59:31 AM »
Congrats Harley,12 pounds in one week is great. Keep that metabolism cranking.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1602 on: September 28, 2015, 06:33:27 AM »
The Diet- Week One:
      Hey Guys,
            I want to begin by thanking all of you for your support.  It is a very risk proposition to announce here on GetBig that you are going to
change your lifestyle and attempt to morph from overweight to "respectable" (real world, not "GetBig World") in terms of physique.
            Week One went very well in terms of eating and keeping to cardio.  I have not trained yet as we are still off from the gym for another week.
            I begin this quest last week at 212.2 pounds (down from 227.3 lbs. originally some time ago).
            Today, one week later, I weighed in at 200.8 lbs., thus losing 11.4 lbs. in the first week.  While I am well aware that virtually all of that was water,
I am encouraged that I kept at cardio and diet so far. The longest journey begins with the first step.  I hope Kim isn't upset that I quoted Mao.
            Thanks again for all the support.
Harley

That murderous Communist was no philosopher.

When I was a kid I was a huge fan of the TV show, "Kung Fu" and my favorite character was Master Po. I read somewhere that his character was based on the teachings of Lao Tzu and the "Tao Te Ching" where your quote is from. Much to my parent's dismay, I immediately abandon my nightly Bible reading in favor of Lao Tzu. I use to dream endlessly what it would be like to grow up in the Shaolin Temple. To be so devout and discipline and yet be able to kick some major ass.

Even well in to my adult life, I could never shake the image of David Carradine as errant and fallen Shaolin Priest, Kwai Chang Cain. Even though I'd hear rumors that he was no angel in real life I always looked at him as the pious and reverent priest from his Kung Fu days.

That image was shattered somewhat after that unfortunate incident in Thailand where he was found hung to death in a closet while performing an auto asphyxiation masturbation ritual that had gone horribly wrong.  

Even to this day, nearly forty years later, Master Po still never gets old.
The actor that played him, Keye Luke, was also the original "Kato" in the original "Green Hornet" serials. I knew Kato from the Green Hornet TV show played by Bruce Lee who was my idol growing up. Lee was originally casts to play Kwai Chang Cain in the Kung Fu series but was considered too short. It would have been kind of "full circle like" to have the two "Katos" playing Master and pupil years later.

How Cain came to be known as "Grasshopper".

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1603 on: September 28, 2015, 07:08:24 AM »
That murderous Communist was no philosopher.

When I was a kid I was a huge fan of the TV show, "Kung Fu" and my favorite character was Master Po. I read somewhere that his character was based on the teachings of Lao Tzu and the "Tao Te Ching" where your quote is from. Much to my parent's dismay, I immediately abandon my nightly Bible reading in favor of Lao Tzu. I use to dream endlessly what it would be like to grow up in the Shaolin Temple. To be so devout and discipline and yet be able to kick some major ass.

Even well in to my adult life, I could never shake the image of David Carradine as errant and fallen Shaolin Priest, Kwai Chang Cain. Even though I'd hear rumors that he was no angel in real life I always looked at him as the pious and reverent priest from his Kung Fu days.

That image was shattered somewhat after that unfortunate incident in Thailand where he was found hung to death in a closet while performing an auto asphyxiation masturbation ritual that had gone horribly wrong. 

Even to this day, nearly forty years later, Master Po still never gets old.
The actor that played him, Keye Luke, was also the original "Kato" in the original "Green Hornet" serials. I knew Kato from the Green Hornet TV show played by Bruce Lee who was my idol growing up. Lee was originally casts to play Kwai Chang Cain in the Kung Fu series but was considered too short. It would have been kind of "full circle like" to have the two "Katos" playing Master and pupil years later.

How Cain came to be known as "Grasshopper".

That show was awesome.............now they put out complete shit! 

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1604 on: September 28, 2015, 11:45:34 AM »
  I believe Mao took the quote and used it himself.  And I agree, he was no philosopher.  It's a hackneyed quote but it was very early in the morning for me
and I was just beginning my coffee to get ready for an hour of cardio.  No excuse.  The next quote should be better.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1605 on: September 28, 2015, 01:53:52 PM »
My Sensei in Aikido who was in Iwama with Saito Sensei said, " we must control the aggressor"

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1606 on: September 28, 2015, 03:06:36 PM »
Dear The Ugly,
   Craig competes because he wants to continue to challenge himself to see if he can improve how he looks.  He is able to
continue competing because he doesn't have to or should I say, he chooses NOT TO do what it takes for a guy like him to
place a little higher.  I am not saying he would ever beat a Flex Lewis or someone like that, but Craig is happy competing on his
own terms. 
   Clearly, the doesn't do it for the money but neither do most guys who play golf.  They invest money in their equipment, club fees, tee time fees,
travels, etc but they do so because they like it.  Craig likes the "bodybuilding" lifestyle and enjoys the final product, whether to not it lands him a check
or some medal. 
Harley

that was my attitude.  I always said I would rather come in my very best and lose to 5 guys that were all superior rather that not peak and win because there was no competition.

now it gets pretty frustrating when you are better than people that place ahead of you, but if your personal best is your priority; then it's easier to take.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1607 on: September 28, 2015, 06:17:51 PM »
My Sensei in Aikido who was in Iwama with Saito Sensei said, " we must control the aggressor"
Too bad you're too f'ing crippled to control yourself. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #1608 on: September 28, 2015, 08:01:05 PM »

The dozen other threads on this board where you are on his ass is still not enough, eh Mod?

Let's see if we can have just one civil thread on here where we can act like adults.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1609 on: September 28, 2015, 08:21:12 PM »

Man, does he shit all over this thread, too?

Simple Simon

« Reply #1610 on: September 29, 2015, 01:07:23 AM »
The dozen other threads on this board where you are on his ass is still not enough, eh Mod?

Let's see if we can have just one civil thread on here where we can act like adults.

You are asking way too much.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1611 on: September 29, 2015, 02:39:25 AM »

I agree Chaos if you want to argue we will do it elsewhere..no problem.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1612 on: September 29, 2015, 03:36:38 AM »
Harley, how many calories are you eating a day? meal breakdown?

Dear Army of One,
   I honestly don't know how many calories I am eating but I can tell you what I am eating:
   I have 5 meals per day.
   3 Meals are either a 40gram Protein of MuscleMilk.  I am NOT promoting MuscleMilk.  I simply drink it because it aggravates my stomach a little
less than all the other protein drinks. 
   The liquid protein I do drink which I like very much is MuscleEgg.  I have the chocolate flavor (vanilla was awful) and each 1 Cup is 26 grams protein so
for a meal, I will drink 2 cups and add a little Splenda.  52 grams of protein in a meal for me is great!!!
   The 2 meals I do eat are 6-8 ounces of fish or chicken.  I can't eat beef (90% fat free) or steak yet as it makes me heavy in terms of weight.
   I do like to eat salad also but the dressings are just brutal.
   Have you guys seen the new Quest Peanut Butter Cups?
Harley

Jayel

• Getbig III
« Reply #1613 on: September 29, 2015, 04:55:08 AM »
2015 Mr. Olympia Report:  True Devotion
        Immediately after the Finals, a competitor who did not place within the top 8, was asked by a stage crew what he was intending to do now that the show was over.
Remind you, the show has now been over for less than 20 seconds and ALL competitors must attend, at least appear at, the Olympia Gala starting at 11:00 pm.
        The Competitor responds, "I'm going to party and look to score some stuff."  He was clearly referring to Ecstasy and the stage crewman understood fully well.
        The Competitor then asks, "Do you know anybody?" to which the Stage Guy replies, "Yeah, I got a guy."
        Now, before you claim that this had to do with steroids, trust me, the LAST thing this Competitor was thinking about was training, drugs or diet (that was obvious from
the way he showed up to compete).  This Competitor has a long, public history with drug issues, especially Ecstasy.
        What was funny, was as soon as the Stage Guy replied he had a guy, Tricky Jackson had walked over and asked, "What are you doing tonight?" completely unaware
that the other Competitor was setting up a night of partying.  Tricky is NOT into that scene.
        The Competitor, notorious for also showing up late to photo shoots, much like a former Co-Worker of his, arrived only 1 hour and 15 minutes late for this photo shoot the next
night.   Yes, the shoot was at night because he already knew he would never arrive to a morning shoot.  That, by the way, paved the road for Craig to set up his mandatory MHP
photo shoot for the next day at 10:30 am.  Craig arrived half an hour early.
        What upsets me is that there are people who are blessed with genetics or talent that us "normal" people can't even imagine and they waste it away due to their laziness, lack
of ambition or sense of entitlement.  This Competitor's poor life choices are well publicized and his "fall" is going to be one of the most catastrophic when all is said and done.
Harley

Harley - great thread!
Ps you wouldn't be referring to Vic would you? Give us a hint!

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #1614 on: September 29, 2015, 08:21:26 PM »
Just wanted to come on here and say that Harley Breite is truly a man of his word. I had to come on here and advertise for the guy in half and give out free advice when he can easily charge substantial fees for his vast legal knowledge. I message him for help he message me back no less than four times and he spent almost all Sunday night talking to me and gave me a lot of great help and advice so know now Harley is a man of his word,a scholar, a gentleman, and a terrific legal mind. Most impressively he doesn't try to rush you off the phone and you can tell he's true interested! Hell, we spent an extra half hour talking BJJ! Harley Breite all time best Getbigger IMO.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #1615 on: September 30, 2015, 03:32:44 AM »
Just wanted to come on here and say that Harley Breite is truly a man of his word. I had to come on here and advertise for the guy in half and give out free advice when he can easily charge substantial fees for his vast legal knowledge. I message him for help he message me back no less than four times and he spent almost all Sunday night talking to me and gave me a lot of great help and advice so know now Harley is a man of his word,a scholar, a gentleman, and a terrific legal mind. Most impressively he doesn't try to rush you off the phone and you can tell he's true interested! Hell, we spent an extra half hour talking BJJ! Harley Breite all time best Getbigger IMO.

X2

twitchfibres

• Getbig III
« Reply #1616 on: September 30, 2015, 03:43:56 AM »

I respect harley, god bless you sir!

Simple Simon

« Reply #1617 on: September 30, 2015, 04:01:14 AM »
2015 Mr. Olympia Report:  True Devotion
        Immediately after the Finals, a competitor who did not place within the top 8, was asked by a stage crew what he was intending to do now that the show was over.
Remind you, the show has now been over for less than 20 seconds and ALL competitors must attend, at least appear at, the Olympia Gala starting at 11:00 pm.
        The Competitor responds, "I'm going to party and look to score some stuff."  He was clearly referring to Ecstasy and the stage crewman understood fully well.
        The Competitor then asks, "Do you know anybody?" to which the Stage Guy replies, "Yeah, I got a guy."
        Now, before you claim that this had to do with steroids, trust me, the LAST thing this Competitor was thinking about was training, drugs or diet (that was obvious from
the way he showed up to compete).  This Competitor has a long, public history with drug issues, especially Ecstasy.
        What was funny, was as soon as the Stage Guy replied he had a guy, Tricky Jackson had walked over and asked, "What are you doing tonight?" completely unaware
that the other Competitor was setting up a night of partying.  Tricky is NOT into that scene.
        The Competitor, notorious for also showing up late to photo shoots, much like a former Co-Worker of his, arrived only 1 hour and 15 minutes late for this photo shoot the next
night.   Yes, the shoot was at night because he already knew he would never arrive to a morning shoot.  That, by the way, paved the road for Craig to set up his mandatory MHP
photo shoot for the next day at 10:30 am.  Craig arrived half an hour early.
        What upsets me is that there are people who are blessed with genetics or talent that us "normal" people can't even imagine and they waste it away due to their laziness, lack
of ambition or sense of entitlement.  This Competitor's poor life choices are well publicized and his "fall" is going to be one of the most catastrophic when all is said and done.
Harley
:)

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #1618 on: September 30, 2015, 06:33:56 PM »
Financially I'm hardly better off than Wiggs, but knowing Harley's interests I'm gonna send him something this weekend as a thank you. The guy took hours with me, really educated me to some points of law that were relevent and fascinating. Harley is pretty educated in history, BJJ, martial arts (he beat one BAD DUDE in a karate tournament years ago), cars, and obviously the law.While that may seem like a jack of all trades (master of none) it's the opposite--the guy is well learned on many diverse subjects. We r lucky to have him here!!!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1619 on: September 30, 2015, 06:36:59 PM »
1962 Chevy II Nova.  First time I've seen one of these:

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1620 on: September 30, 2015, 06:39:26 PM »
B and A:

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #1621 on: September 30, 2015, 08:21:56 PM »
Harley
Check out Beverly ultimate muscle protein
Respected company that's been around forever
Top quality and incredible taste
Should not bother your stomach sir
The pb cups are real good
Even better if u put in freezer
Cookie dough apple pie cookies creme almond vanilla are my favorites
I didn't like the new pumpkin pie one
Dear Army of One,
   I honestly don't know how many calories I am eating but I can tell you what I am eating:
   I have 5 meals per day.
   3 Meals are either a 40gram Protein of MuscleMilk.  I am NOT promoting MuscleMilk.  I simply drink it because it aggravates my stomach a little
less than all the other protein drinks.  
   The liquid protein I do drink which I like very much is MuscleEgg.  I have the chocolate flavor (vanilla was awful) and each 1 Cup is 26 grams protein so
for a meal, I will drink 2 cups and add a little Splenda.  52 grams of protein in a meal for me is great!!!
   The 2 meals I do eat are 6-8 ounces of fish or chicken.  I can't eat beef (90% fat free) or steak yet as it makes me heavy in terms of weight.
   I do like to eat salad also but the dressings are just brutal.
   Have you guys seen the new Quest Peanut Butter Cups?
Harley
w

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1622 on: October 01, 2015, 05:22:45 AM »
Harley
Check out Beverly ultimate muscle protein
Respected company that's been around forever
Top quality and incredible taste
Should not bother your stomach sir
The pb cups are real good
Even better if u put in freezer
Cookie dough apple pie cookies creme almond vanilla are my favorites
I didn't like the new pumpkin pie one
there products are good but $$$$

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1623 on: October 01, 2015, 04:42:13 PM »
I really like the way they did this 6-3.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #1624 on: October 01, 2015, 05:59:34 PM »
Harley settling a side bar: https://vine.co/v/eXnexwunXWJ