Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 586097 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2050 on: October 25, 2015, 09:06:17 AM »
Harley, I meant to tell you that Doc Chimps wrote a review you'll be interested in:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=377521.msg8252266#msg8252266

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2051 on: October 25, 2015, 01:31:03 PM »
I'm still waiting to find out about that better way.  What could it be?  Maybe there's a good answer.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2052 on: October 25, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »
Dear Be There,
  I never "left my morals at the door."
  It sounds as if no one else has a job where they have to make compromises, decisions and or use discretion.
  You say plea bargains are disgusting, well what do you propose as the alternative? No one is forced to accept a plea bargain and
in fact, a Defendant is NOT entitled to any plea bargain whatsoever.  I have had many murder trials because the State refused to
offer a plea bargain.  Why would my client plead guilty to the entire indictment if no offer is made?  No one would and therefore, it is the
State who forced those trials.
  I am not here to pat myself on the bat but I have, through my law degree, been able to help many people.  I guess then, you would say that
I had walked back out the door and returned temporarily with my morals.
  What I do is not so glorious or rewarding.  It's not always fun or interesting.  I chose to do it and have no regrets for that.  I didn't create this system
and believe me, every time I tried to make some positive change, I was fought with resistance.  I guess you didn't read the post concerning my time
as a Municipal Prosecutor.
Harley

Simple Simon

« Reply #2053 on: October 25, 2015, 02:11:34 PM »
Dear Be There,
  It sounds as if no one else has a job where they have to make compromises, decisions and or use discretion.
  You say plea bargains are disgusting, well what do you propose as the alternative? No one is forced to accept a plea bargain and
in fact, a Defendant is NOT entitled to any plea bargain whatsoever.  I have had many murder trials because the State refused to
offer a plea bargain.  Why would my client plead guilty to the entire indictment if no offer is made?  No one would and therefore, it is the
  I am not here to pat myself on the bat but I have, through my law degree, been able to help many people.  I guess then, you would say that
  What I do is not so glorious or rewarding.  It's not always fun or interesting.  I chose to do it and have no regrets for that.  I didn't create this system
and believe me, every time I tried to make some positive change, I was fought with resistance.  I guess you didn't read the post concerning my time
Harley

If someone is accused of a crime the prosecution should prosecute based on the evidence.
Shitbags and killers are being offered lighter sentences to go guilty.
Fuck that, prosecute them to the full extent of the law.

Not many make decisions that allow pedos to walk when they know they have committed the crime.

everything you have said above about a lawyers actions are immoral to some degree.

Here is another moral dilemma
A cop investigating a murder knows for sure that the accused is guilty, yet if he writes his report honestly the perpetrator will get off on a technicality due to an evidential collection error.
Now, do you omit the error and just leave it out and ensure a conviction or remove it and let the killer go free?

Morals and justice have nothing to do with each other.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2054 on: October 25, 2015, 02:38:12 PM »
Dear Be There,
Harley

I think he was more insinuating that most cases are DA-driven 'plea' deals rather than actually being adjudicated. What is the %? Gotta be north of 95%? And, with DA incumbency, the likelihood to press for sentences of more than a year, thus passing on costs to state and not the electoral county, has to be a huge factor.  ???

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2055 on: October 25, 2015, 03:14:35 PM »
Sounds like the prosecutors are causing trouble.  Can't say I disagree.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2056 on: October 25, 2015, 05:21:47 PM »
65 Malibu

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2057 on: October 25, 2015, 05:25:15 PM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2058 on: October 25, 2015, 05:28:38 PM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2059 on: October 25, 2015, 08:59:40 PM »
How was the Rally, Harley?

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2060 on: October 26, 2015, 02:35:50 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  The Ferrari Rally was very nice, but as usual, it turns into more of a race than a rally.
  I met some very nice people and we had a very nice talk over lunch.
  What I liked most was that no one was arrogant or pretentious.
Harley

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2061 on: October 26, 2015, 04:30:29 AM »
If someone is accused of a crime the prosecution should prosecute based on the evidence.

Not many make decisions that allow pedos to walk when they know they have committed the crime.

everything you have said above about a lawyers actions are immoral to some degree.

A cop investigating a murder knows for sure that the accused is guilty, yet if he writes his report honestly the perpetrator will get off on a technicality due to an evidential collection error.
Now, do you omit the error and just leave it out and ensure a conviction or remove it and let the killer go free?

Do you work in the legal proffession or are you just trolling like always?...you are another person who brings up this "Pedo" word a lot.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2062 on: October 26, 2015, 04:48:41 AM »
Do you work in the legal proffession or are you just trolling like always?...you are another person who brings up this "Pedo" word a lot.
Lets see why I chose that crime

Not many make decisions that allow people who dodge parking tickets to walk when they know they have committed the crime.
Doesn't really have the same impact does it?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2063 on: October 26, 2015, 05:08:11 AM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  The Ferrari Rally was very nice, but as usual, it turns into more of a race than a rally.
  I met some very nice people and we had a very nice talk over lunch.
  What I liked most was that no one was arrogant or pretentious.
Harley

;D Yes, I couldn't have imagined it would have turned out any other way.

Anyone ticketed?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2064 on: October 26, 2015, 05:10:55 AM »

What did you mean by this part, BT?

Simple Simon

« Reply #2065 on: October 26, 2015, 05:18:21 AM »
What did you mean by this part, BT?

its self explanatory.
Put yourself in the place of the cop, do you omit the evidence or put it in to ensure the guilty guy walks?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2066 on: October 26, 2015, 05:24:22 AM »
its self explanatory.
Put yourself in the place of the cop, do you omit the evidence or put it in to ensure the guilty guy walks?

Can you give a scenario?

Simple Simon

« Reply #2067 on: October 26, 2015, 06:12:31 AM »
Can you give a scenario?
it is a scenario.

the crime is murder.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2068 on: October 26, 2015, 06:21:41 AM »
it is a scenario.

the crime is murder.

What does the cop know, and how does he discover it?

Simple Simon

« Reply #2069 on: October 26, 2015, 06:32:32 AM »
What does the cop know, and how does he discover it?
fails to read him his rights properly, only he knows this.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2070 on: October 26, 2015, 07:09:12 AM »
fails to read him his rights properly, only he knows this.

To say that he intended to inform the person of his rights, but that he failed to do that, you mean?

Simple Simon

« Reply #2071 on: October 26, 2015, 07:48:45 AM »
To say that he intended to inform the person of his rights, but that he failed to do that, you mean?

No, you are getting the wrong end of the stick, what I mean is that an underwater banana clearly goes backwards towards Afghanistan and as such the differential motor always gives an incorrect reading as opposed to the latter.

now fuck off.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2072 on: October 26, 2015, 08:02:52 AM »
No, you are getting the wrong end of the stick, what I mean is that an underwater banana clearly goes backwards towards Afghanistan and as such the differential motor always gives an incorrect reading as opposed to the latter.

now fuck off.

???

You have the most respectable approach to BBing on this site, IMO.  I can't believe a fucking hypothetical cop might stop me from ever being able to ask you more about it.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2073 on: October 26, 2015, 10:05:07 AM »
No one in the Ferrari Rally was issued a ticket but a few idiots pulled into the line and got in the way.
They were quickly passed.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2074 on: October 26, 2015, 10:06:47 AM »
???

You have the most respectable approach to BBing on this site, IMO.  I can't believe a fucking hypothetical cop might stop me from ever being able to ask you more about it.
Im not sure whos gimmick you are but gimmick you are.