Author Topic: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread  (Read 586101 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
Re: Harley Breite - Appreciation thread
« Reply #2450 on: November 28, 2015, 02:13:57 PM »
Hey Guys,
 I am glad the paintings stirred up some new conversation and a few new topics.
 I am even glad you liked the paintings.  Who knows, one day we will even get Herne on our side.
Harley

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2451 on: November 28, 2015, 02:20:12 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  I must profess my ignorance.  I don't know what Camera Obscura is.
  I just looked at a photo and changed what I didn't like.
  Just an idiot with a brush.
Harley

Camera Obscura is the use of light on something to project an image on a canvas (when done for art), and it was used as a tool by many of the greatest artists.  But I'm not sure if it could be done with a picture, anyway, so it probably didn't make sense for me to ask it.

You have talent, my friend.  You shouldn't stop painting, no matter what.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2452 on: November 28, 2015, 02:26:51 PM »
Dear Las Vegas,
  The styles in 8 and 9 were a result of me wanting to try something new.  I mean, how many landscaped can one man paint (remember, I am no Bob Ross)?
  I wanted to see if I could paint things that looked like the pictures I was looking at.  I was very good at drawing when I was a kid but never did anything with it.
I took it upon myself to divide up the canvas and very carefully sketch, with pencil where I wanted to go.  I then changed brushes and strokes and over time, was able
to become a bit more concise in the movements.  Of course, there were some buildings I left out and painting them into green grass as it became quite tedious over time.
That type of painting is not always as much fun.
  "The House" is actually what I call "A Snow Day."  I always tell my Mom that I can't wait to get snowed in so I don't have to go out to court or have clients call.  I can sleep a
bit longer, watch television and drink hot chocolate all day.  Yes, I am admitting all this as I promised to always do in order to best explain myself.  I wanted to paint as serene a
picture I could and Thomas Kinkade had a wonderful way of doing that.  He inspired that one.  That one is perhaps my favorite.
Harley

I really have to say, you more than managed to one-up Bob, though.  His first art instructor advised him to stick with nature scenes and simple buildings (his cabins), because it was obvious that he was terrible at painting people.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2453 on: November 28, 2015, 02:33:19 PM »
There was an old guy on Public TV who had Bob's technique down cold, to the slapping of the brush in the coffee can, while Bob was still in the military.  Bob lifted every move from the dude, and that's how he turned his "hippy painter" routine into a multi-million dollar business.

He was open about it, and he advised everyone that if they see someone doing something better than themselves, not to get mad about it  -- just copy it.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2454 on: November 28, 2015, 03:00:58 PM »
Hey Guys,
 I am even glad you liked the paintings.  Who knows, one day we will even get Herne on our side.
Harley
Check Irongimp400's post, you interested in being hired for paintings?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2455 on: November 28, 2015, 03:28:04 PM »
Hey Guys,
 I am even glad you liked the paintings.  Who knows, one day we will even get Herne on our side.
Harley

Dude, what is with your ridiculous Herne obsession? Because he Googles hot chicks, just this?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2456 on: November 28, 2015, 03:39:32 PM »
Dear Guyincognito,
  Canpolat, the Defendant, behaved with a mindset as if he didn't care about anything but getting back to "my country" (Turkey).  He was uneducated,
moved by popular culture, unread, and lacking all desire to better himself.
  He never once showed remorse even during his plea and sentencing.  It was an easy case for me as he himself didn't care too much what happened to
him or anyone else.  It's hard to get vested when the client himself couldn't care less.  The tattoo under his eye was also a sign to me (it was in Japanese)
that his main influences were MTV and social media.
  During the case, he tattooed his hands which is just what a jury loves to see.
Harley

Religion of peace  ::)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #2457 on: November 28, 2015, 04:20:27 PM »
This bitch isn't halle berry >:( >:( >:( :P
A

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2458 on: November 28, 2015, 04:22:33 PM »
Dear Wes,
  Well, the next portrait may take some "artistic license" and find me with the following:
  1)  The face and waist of Francis Benfatto
  2)  The abs of John Hnatyshack
  3)  The bicep peak and quad striations of Paul Jean Guillaume
  And one of Herne's favorites adoring me.
  Now that would be a perfect me!!!
Harley

It would certainly be a perfect me also Harley!!

We can all at least dream right?  ;)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2459 on: November 28, 2015, 04:31:36 PM »
He doesn't care about guilt or innocence,  or whom his "clients" have hurt, just about money. He would have undercut Judas. Should buy a chin implant though.
Dickhead Of Peace

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #2460 on: November 28, 2015, 07:07:03 PM »
Dude, what is with your ridiculous Herne obsession? Because he Googles hot chicks, just this?

Too many "chicks" with dicks, though.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2461 on: November 28, 2015, 07:41:26 PM »
fyi for anyone who doesn't know: many of the old paintings from famous artists were done using this, and it requires very real talent.

How did you come to know so much about art? It's not a subject that gets much play in our culture nowadays. I know I'm clueless.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2462 on: November 28, 2015, 08:24:59 PM »
Pretty sure Harley doesn't need an online bodyguard, penislust. ::)

I noticed you deleted my response to this post. Why? Because I point out the obvious. I am allowed to reply to an attack on me. I will repost my reply (which I retrieved by back paging) and take a screen shot and will go to Ron if you continue to abuse your mod privileges.

As the worse and most unqualified mod ever on GetBig you just can't let one of the few civil and decent threads continue without throwing your cowardly spit balls and trying to start drama. There are dozens of active threads here that you can ruin. Please, for once, just leave this one alone.

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
« Reply #2463 on: November 28, 2015, 08:25:33 PM »
Dear Guyincognito,
  Canpolat, the Defendant, behaved with a mindset as if he didn't care about anything but getting back to "my country" (Turkey).  He was uneducated,
moved by popular culture, unread, and lacking all desire to better himself.
  He never once showed remorse even during his plea and sentencing.  It was an easy case for me as he himself didn't care too much what happened to
him or anyone else.  It's hard to get vested when the client himself couldn't care less.  The tattoo under his eye was also a sign to me (it was in Japanese)
that his main influences were MTV and social media.
  During the case, he tattooed his hands which is just what a jury loves to see.
Harley

Thank you for expanding on your original post. Some people just want to watch the world burn I guess.

You're an interesting guy, Harvey. It's fun following this thread. I wish I had half of your drive and thirst for learning.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #2464 on: November 28, 2015, 08:29:05 PM »
I noticed you deleted my response to this post. Why? Because I point out the obvious. I am allowed to reply to an attack on me. I will repost my reply (which I retrieved by back paging) and take a screen shot and will go to Ron if you continue to abuse your mod privileges.

Your post wasn't deleted you whiny twat, you're trying to sidetrack this thread with your personal vendetta against me.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=587563.msg8316354#new

Here's Rons profile, run along and snitch now...

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=2389

Want his phone number too?

*I'll be removing your  (pellius) post as well as this one.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2465 on: November 28, 2015, 08:33:25 PM »
Your post wasn't deleted you whiny twat, you're trying to sidetrack this thread with your personal vendetta against me.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=587563.msg8316354#new

Here's Rons profile, run along and snitch now...

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=2389

Want his phone number too?

*I'll be removing your  (pellius) post as well as this one.

And if it wasn't deleted then why is it gone from this thread?

I am responding to your attack on me.

You call it snitching because you don't like it but you are abusing your mod privileges.

And yes I do want his phone number.

BTW, why do you want to delete this post as well? What are you afraid of?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #2466 on: November 28, 2015, 08:39:22 PM »
And if it wasn't deleted then why is it gone from this thread?

I am responding to you attack on me.

You call it snitching because you don't like it but you are abusing your mod privileges.

And yes I do want his phone number.

BTW, why do you want to delete this thread as well? What are you afraid of?
Wasn't deleted, split into a new topic, hence the link, genius. ::) Hardly an attack, simply pointed out Harley doesn't need you speaking for him. I never said I wanted to delete this thread, are you high?
And I would never, ever give someone as low as you Ronaldos phone number!

Penislust.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2467 on: November 28, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »
Wasn't deleted, split into a new topic, hence the link, genius. ::) Hardly an attack, simply pointed out Harley doesn't need you speaking for him. I never said I wanted to delete this thread, are you high?

Penislust.

You asked if I wanted Ron's number. I said yes. Why did you ask if you never intended to do that.

Ask Harley if he thinks I am trying to side track this thread. If anybody is, it's Olympiagym whose its constantly attacking Harley. He has some issue with an injustice done to a person named Dennis. I asked Olympia what his issue is. Who is Dennis? Why isn't he sidetracking this thread? Then make an insulting comment to me to which I responded. I RESPONDED. And now it's a personal vendetta against you. Again, you addressed me. Always throwing your little spitballs and then YOU become the whiny bitch and abuse your mod privileges removing my post from this thread because you don't want anybody to see it. Pointing out once again how, you, under the protection of being a mod, constantly stir up trouble.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2468 on: November 28, 2015, 09:28:53 PM »
 :D :D
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2469 on: November 28, 2015, 10:35:20 PM »
Jesus, so much tween drama.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #2470 on: November 29, 2015, 01:13:14 AM »

Penislust.

I misspoke, I meant delete my post not this thread. I will correct that.

In regard to Olympiagym I was speaking for myself. I want to know why he has such a hard on for Harley and who is this Dennis that he keeps mentioning that was given an injustice. I'm sure others want to know too.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2471 on: November 29, 2015, 03:14:37 AM »
Dear Chaos and Pellius,
   You are 2 of my favorite guys so please, let's shake hands and continue eating from the same table.
   Plenty of room here for smart, sensitive and loyal guys.
   We are all bound to butt heads (no homo - you see, I am learning) sometimes. 
   Now that the shouting is over, let's get into some kool stuff.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2472 on: November 29, 2015, 03:50:16 AM »
Hey Guys,
  I am reading through the Discovery (all of the evidence the State procures to which a Defendant is entitled to a copy as long as he pays for it)
pertaining to a client of mine who is recently out of prison on parole.
  His Driver's License is suspended and he is driving like a maniac with his friend and his GF of 2 weeks both in the car.
  Well, the cops attempt to pull him over and he stops but then flees on foot.  His GF, of Spanish descent, tells the cops the driver's name
and the city in which he lives.  The car is searched with the other 2 people still in it and there is marijuana, some plastic bags, an Aquafina Water Bottle
with a fake middle compartment to conceal items and 2 silver digital scales with "Thug for Life" and an image of Tupac Shakur imprinted on them all found in the car.
  My client is soon caught on foot and consequently arrested.
  You often hear that 'criminals are smart."  I've rarely ever found this to be true.
  My client, a well-spoken 26 year old of Arabic descent was just released from prison and decides to act in this way.
  It often puzzles me.
Harley

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2473 on: November 29, 2015, 03:59:33 AM »
Me at the Vietnam Wall.  Very moving to be there.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2474 on: November 29, 2015, 04:02:32 AM »
A Ferrari Rally years ago which went from NYC to Washington, DC
The gray car was mine.  That was my first one.