Author Topic: Val's 2-minute Figure Routine  (Read 19371 times)

Lingster

• Getbig II
  • Publisher of Amaz0ns
Re: Val's 2-minute Figure Routine
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2006, 07:21:25 AM »
What is the arguement again? Oh right, Ron and I acting like Ted Nugent "ambushing" Val. Wait, what's the arguement?

You discredit yourself when you post animations of women's breasts growing, like that of a prepubescent boy. Let me know when you leave your fantasy basement and join us in reality.

Did I hit a nerve?  I take it you're not interested in discussing corruption in the IFBB?  Instead you're trying to figure out ways to exclude me from the conversation - first that I use a pseudonym, now that you don't like some videos I made.  And all the while you're happy to just ride along as the IFBB circles the drain, run by lower and lower-rent scam artists? 

If you want me to shut up, you just have to apologize to Waugaman.  Here.

On to the topic of sexual fantasies and the internet, I guess I had you confused with Lift Studios, a guy who runs adult paysites featuring buff women.  (Pot, kettle, etc.)  If posting prurient content on the web was a disqualifier for posting comments at Getbig.com, there probably wouldn't be anybody here.  Somebody even wrote a song about it...

But since you raised the issue of "fantasy basements", I'm sure there's an interesting story behind what draws two not-exactly-Adonis types like you and Ron to the bodybuilding scene.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2006, 08:25:50 AM »
I take it you're not interested in discussing corruption in the IFBB?

Sadly, that's something Lift will defend to the death.  He's a nice fella, but takes the ass-kissing to a level that's embarrassing even to the IFBB's biggest stoolies. 

On to the topic of sexual fantasies and the internet, I guess I had you confused with Lift Studios, a guy who runs adult paysites featuring buff women.  (Pot, kettle, etc.) 

But since you raised the issue of "fantasy basements", I'm sure there's an interesting story behind what draws two not-exactly-Adonis types like you...to the bodybuilding scene.

Lingster - keep this up, and we'll soon be giving Lift a standing 8-count. 

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2006, 08:29:20 AM »
Congratulations [Isaac], you've become an IFBB toady.
;)

On to the topic of sexual fantasies and the internet, I guess I had you confused with Lift Studios, a guy who runs adult paysites featuring buff women.  (Pot, kettle, etc.)  If posting prurient content on the web was a disqualifier for posting comments at Getbig.com, there probably wouldn't be anybody here.  Somebody even wrote a song about it...

But since you raised the issue of "fantasy basements", I'm sure there's an interesting story behind what draws two not-exactly-Adonis types like you and Ron to the bodybuilding scene.
D'oh!  ;D
Lee

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2006, 08:53:48 AM »
Did I hit a nerve?  I take it you're not interested in discussing corruption in the IFBB?  Instead you're trying to figure out ways to exclude me from the conversation - first that I use a pseudonym, now that you don't like some videos I made.  And all the while you're happy to just ride along as the IFBB circles the drain, run by lower and lower-rent scam artists? 

If you want me to shut up, you just have to apologize to Waugaman.  Here.

When did Val's posing routine turn into an IFBB corruption discussion? You're another internet troll basing your opinions on speculation and hearsay.

Keep yapp'n then sparky, there is nothing to apologize for. Did you miss the repeated times I mentioned I spoke with Val in person after this video? What's so hard for you to understand?

Nice try but designing web sites is a far cry from your animations and writing fantasy muscle stories.

I followed bodybuilding since high school, read the magazines and after college became a bit of a fat ass so I decided to compete. I've competed in two shows and in the process combined my passion for working out and bodybuilding into part of my business. What's your story?
Elevate Your Image.™

Lingster

• Getbig II
  • Publisher of Amaz0ns
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2006, 09:26:08 AM »
When did Val's posing routine turn into an IFBB corruption discussion? You're another internet troll basing your opinions on speculation and hearsay.

Keep yapp'n then sparky, there is nothing to apologize for. Did you miss the repeated times I mentioned I spoke with Val in person after this video? What's so hard for you to understand?

Nice try but designing web sites is a far cry from your animations and writing fantasty muscle stories.

I followed bodybuilding since high school, read the magazines and after college became a bit of a fat ass so I decided to compete. I've competed in two shows and in the process combined my passion for working out and bodybuilding into part of my business. What's your story?

My story is that I grew up around a lot of female athletes and (I suppose as a result) that's what I'm attracted to.  I've gone to a handful of bodybuilding events but that's not something that interests me tremendously.  Unlike you, however, I respect the effort that the competitors put in and don't mock them.  I never posted here at "GetBig.com" until I noticed inbound traffic to my site from this thread.  You described me as a "Waugamaniac" - yet another incivility among your many - and I came by to answer that.

Public humiliation is a goon tactic - and that's what you were doing.  Waugaman's posing routine is not an IFBB corruption issue, but it's a foothold for IFBB goons to use to mock her.  Waugaman's placing, and the placing of other high-profile competitors, is a corruption issue.  I think you felt "safe" in mocking her on camera because you think she's in disfavor, and were confident that your efforts would please the people you're sucking up to.

Waugaman is probably the most influential female physique competitor in the U.S. right now.  She's frequently featured in magazines, she seems to be articulate and charming and could possibly turn into a broadcast media icon.  And yet she won't play ball with your buddies - she hasn't yet sold out to IFBB corruption.  Maybe she will - maybe the lure of being "six-time Figure Olympia champion" or somesuch will be too great and she'll buckle under.  Or maybe the IFBB has degraded into such a low-rent joke that there's no lure, and all that's left is bottom-rung thugs like yourself trying to humiliate her on camera and posting it to YouTube.  If the lure has failed, use the stick, right?

Well, it turns out the joke's on you.  I think a spotlight should be put on what you did and why you may have done it.  And that's what this thread has turned into, thanks to you being perversely proud of being a goon to the clowns who inherited the IFBB.

Lingster

• Getbig II
  • Publisher of Amaz0ns
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2006, 09:45:12 AM »
Let me just expand on something here.  Some people may not be aware that when the Weiders owned the IFBB, Weider Publications, and the dominant supplement and equipment companies, a competitor who was in disfavor could be almost removed from public view and have no way to earn a living from his or her effort.  But now American Media owns the old Weider Publications, and there are many more supplement and equipment companies.  So you've got some bottom-feeders taking over the IFBB and trying to use ol' Joe's tactics, but they don't have ol' Joe's muscle and so they're coming up short.

If all the IFBB has to offer are championships of contests that most everyone knows to be fixed, then it has nothing.  And you, arrogant sap, are jockeying to be a top man on the nothing pole.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2006, 09:46:15 AM »
Waugaman's placing, and the placing of other high-profile competitors, is a corruption issue.
I guess her winning the Colorado Pro show over Jenny Lynn was a corruption issue as well.  ::)

The only goon on this thread is you. You have no foundation in which to speak on, especially for Val. Val has no problem with Ron or myself, so where do you get off speaking for her?

For the last time, Ron and I asked the questions several people were asking after seeing her on stage at the Olympia. We asked point blank, to her face and she had no problem with it, in fact welcomed our questions. Sorry next time we'll ask her to flex her bicep for you, will that make you happy?

LIFTthug
Elevate Your Image.™

Lingster

• Getbig II
  • Publisher of Amaz0ns
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2006, 10:10:25 AM »
For the last time, Ron and I asked the questions several people were asking after seeing her on stage at the Olympia.

What are you, six years old?  I'll pose a rhetorical question your parents clearly never did: If everybody else jumped off a bridge, would you jump off a bridge, too?

Sorry next time we'll ask her to flex her bicep for you, will that make you happy?

Wouldn't hurt.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2006, 10:25:23 AM »

Another problem is that, while he may fancy himself a real journalist, Lift also has no problem being viewed as a 'joke'. 

That's what's causing the disconnect here, Lingster. 

Plus, he's severely outgunned.  Severely.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2006, 10:29:16 AM »
You and Ron ambushed Waugaman. Maybe where you come from it's OK to ask someone embarrassing questions and then post their shocked reply to the internet, but where I come from we have a not-nice name for people who do that. It's difficult to believe you did not intend to embarrass her - anyone can see you smirking on the video.

Hmm - SinceI asked the questions people wanted to know, you don’t like it. Boo hoo. Next time should I ask the boring questions saying wow, wee, whoa.  No - I think an athlete rises when they are not afraid to answer any question. It isnt any different for any other competitor, in any other sport, nor in the entertainment here in Los Angeles. Why would we want to embarrass here - Val did some things on stage that everybody was talking about, I asked the questions. Simple as that.

I'm not surprised to hear that you and Ron were associating with people who were making disparaging remarks about competitors.

And with this comment, I know you never talk to any competitors nor their fans, because if I was to quote how many remarks competitors and people were making over others, I could write a book just for the Olympia weekend.

And THAT being said, we really, really shouldn't take this interview all that seriously.

Tre, there you go, it was about having fun, asking questions that are meant to entertain. You wait until the next time we meet, boy do I have questions to ask you, like how you felt when Gabrielle smashed you into her. I heard the oohs and ahhs.

Well, maybe he's just trying to suck up to whoever's fixing IFBB events this year.

There you go, crying about the IFBB again.  Boy, from an interview to the IFBB to corruption.  Can we stick to one subject.

What's she supposed to do? Make a big fuss and damage her reputation, or roll with it and show that she takes criticism well? I suspect you were counting on her passivity in response

Actually, all she had to say was I dont want to answer the question. and it would be edited out, is that so hard. I get that sometimes. I have done countless interviews over the past 12 years, and asked many various questions, both to men and women, and in different sports.  A real journalist doesnt ask the simple praising questions - a journalist wants to know the questions people want to know.

I take it you're not interested in discussing corruption in the IFBB?

Wow - this topic has been around for 10+ years now, and we have discussed it over and over and over again. Have you not kept up with the Lee Priest / Shawn Ray / Bob Cicherillo / PDI and the countless other threads. We have heard it all.  How about bringing me a competitor that will discuss it, not a fan that complains about it when his favorite one doesnt do well.

If you want me to shut up, you just have to apologize to Waugaman. Here.  But since you raised the issue of "fantasy basements", I'm sure there's an interesting story behind what draws two not-exactly-Adonis types like you and Ron to the bodybuilding scene.

I dont want you to shut up - please make some sense soon.  And once again, you are showing that you don’t go to the expos or the shows. At least 70% or more of the fan base of bodybuilding are non-bodybuilders. They enjoy the sport, the thrill of seeing someone freaky, the dedication, they aspire to one day perhaps be in good enough shape, etc.  But as for me, I enjoy the company of the friends I have made around various shows, taking pictures, writing articles, and it is a hobby.  With fitness, the dedication and routines and time devoted into it gives them awesome respect from a lot of us here. With figure, it isnt easy getting ready for a show, not being too soft, too hard, etc. Requires dedication. And I like it. I also like basketball and football, but you don’t see me running to become a football player to be involved in the game (I take it you have never been to a college football game either then).

When did Val's posing routine turn into an IFBB corruption discussion?

Yes - I thought that was funny too. Can we also talk about the IFBB, and how it has given these competitors, and many other people, including me, a positive income via the expo’s, supplements, magazines, and more. Oh - you are mad because someone didnt place higher than someone else, but quickly people forgot all of the positives too.  I am sure Lingster is afraid to even come to the expo, but Tre, you earned my respect, because you go to the shows, say hello to me and others, and support them!

My story is that I grew up around a lot of female athletes and (I suppose as a result) that's what I'm attracted to. I've gone to a handful of bodybuilding events but that's not something that interests me tremendously. Unlike you, however, I respect the effort that the competitors put in and don't mock them.

Cool - excellent story Lingster, and I am glad you are posting here. One day, perhaps you wont be afraid to say hello at a show. We respect all competitors, but we also know that questions need to be asked, and are not afraid to ask them. Every time we do, I get hundreds (yes, that many) of people thanking us for providing exposure, light and interest.  I wish I only had the time to get more done (I have at least 6 interviews on tapes, and lots more which I cant get out right now), some which have really interesting questions.  

Some people may not be aware that when the Weiders owned the IFBB, Weider Publications, and the dominant supplement and equipment companies, a competitor who was in disfavor could be almost removed from public view and have no way to earn a living from his or her effort.

Come on now - there was no figure or fitness in 1993 in the IFBB, when Weider was the dominant supplement force. Then came EAS, Labrada, Met-Rx and many more, and many competitors got more money working for these companies. I know how good it is, as back then, the expos were very small, and very little people made money from them.  A competitor could always make a living, it depends how they marketed themselves. Hence the problem - how to market yourself so you get noticed. Because of that video we did with Val, and her routine, Val is the most recognized and talked about person right now from the O.  I wish Jenny Lynn could get as much recognition for winning the show, because she is such a cool person, but you need to push to get marketing and recognition.

Lingster

• Getbig II
  • Publisher of Amaz0ns
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2006, 10:44:07 AM »
Here's Daddy.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2006, 10:49:41 AM »
Here's Daddy.
Profound.

I will be at the Sacramento show, where Valerie is competing on November 4th. What would you like to hear Val speak on? I will interview her on camera again to address whatever it is you wish to hear.

Still waiting for you to address the "corruption" and how she managed to beat Jenny Lynn with all of it.  :-*
Elevate Your Image.™

Lingster

• Getbig II
  • Publisher of Amaz0ns
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2006, 11:19:33 AM »
Profound.

Yeah, it's a gift.

I will be at the Sacramento show, where Valerie is competing on November 4th. What would you like to hear Val speak on? I will interview her on camera again to address whatever it is you wish to hear.

I'm sure she's just dying to be interviewed by you again.  Why don't you experiment with civility?  For instance, instead of asking if she was "high" and taking drugs, you and Ron might have prefaced the question with, "You looked distracted up there..." or "It looked like maybe you were reciting something offstage before you went on..."  See how much nicer that is, versus accusing someone of committing a felony?

Still waiting for you to address the "corruption" and how she managed to beat Jenny Lynn with all of it.  :-*

There's no reason to think that every IFBB judge - or even most of them - are corrupt.  And there's no reason to expect corruption to exist solely for corruption's sake.  The stakes are pretty low, financially, even for the big IFBB events, so I doubt there's much upside in fixing the results of small and mid-size events.  But the IFBB has historically been used by its management to drive non-IFBB business goals, and there's no reason I can see to believe that's changed.

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2006, 03:44:07 PM »
Profound.

I actually had Gina Aliotti (sp?) winning the Colorado show. 

I was happily surprised with V-dubs was announced as the winner and thought to myself (about the judges), "Wow, they finally get it."

Jenny Lynn was a very gracious runner-up. 

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2006, 11:29:45 AM »
I actually had Gina Aliotti (sp?) winning the Colorado show. 

I was happily surprised with V-dubs was announced as the winner and thought to myself (about the judges), "Wow, they finally get it."

Jenny Lynn was a very gracious runner-up. 

You had Gina Aliotti in that show?   Hmmm... that's odd, because I could've sworn you've agreed with me in the past, saying that Waugaman's Denver package was the "all time reference standard" for women's physique.  Aliotti looked great, indeed...... but Waugaman's physique was unbeatable that night in Denver.

HDPhysiques.com
"Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2006, 12:15:20 PM »
You guys are such losers for even caring so much about this stuff. I'm sure some of these girls consider you stalkers.

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »
You guys are such losers for even caring so much about this stuff. I'm sure some of these girls consider you stalkers.
??? Why are you here?
 ::)
Lee

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2006, 01:54:18 PM »
You had Gina Aliotti in that show?   Hmmm... that's odd, because I could've sworn you've agreed with me in the past, saying that Waugaman's Denver package was the "all time reference standard" for women's physique.  Aliotti looked great, indeed...... but Waugaman's physique was unbeatable that night in Denver.

HDPhysiques.com
"Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"

Whenever V-dubs takes the stage, she is the definitive standard - that's not in question.  

That being said, you've now got me a little confused...maybe I did *not* rate Gina A the best in the show, but I do remember rating her a place higher than Val based on what I felt the judges might do.  I cannot think of who else would've beaten either of those two, though.

My head needs a break from figure until the next pro event.

Bring me some fitness routines!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2006, 02:20:51 PM »

Bring me some fitness routines!

Jane Prado owned the fitness routines in West Palm.

Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2006, 03:30:11 PM »

This must be Freaky Friday...

As was alluded to elsewhere, I did criticize Lift a few months back for "not being controversial enough".  I felt that he was too softballish in his approach to interviewing and reporting and that his style was too vanilla to be interesting. 

Some would likely describe his Valerie Waugaman interview as a 'breakout' performance.  :)

Despite my earlier statements on the subject, I can't fault a guy for trying to improve his game.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2006, 03:58:46 PM »
This must be Freaky Friday...

As was alluded to elsewhere, I did criticize Lift a few months back for "not being controversial enough".  I felt that he was too softballish in his approach to interviewing and reporting and that his style was too vanilla to be interesting. 

Some would likely describe his Valerie Waugaman interview as a 'breakout' performance.  :)

Despite my earlier statements on the subject, I can't fault a guy for trying to improve his game.
HAHA gee thanks Tre. Would we be having this same convo if it was with anyone other then your beloved "Regal One"?

Most everyone's interviews are always the same... What did you do different this year? What do you eat? How many reps do you do for your triceps? Come on that shit is as boring as the day is long.

What would you like to see Tre?
Elevate Your Image.™

MrsQ

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2006, 04:36:47 PM »
Jane Prado owned the fitness routines in West Palm.

Sorry to hijack, but where did she come from?  The last time I saw Jane compete when she placed 2nd or 3rd at the NY Met, then she turned pro.  She's great, I was just curious since I don't remember her winning any National comps.  Thanks!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2006, 08:25:20 PM »
Sorry to hijack, but where did she come from?  The last time I saw Jane compete when she placed 2nd or 3rd at the NY Met, then she turned pro.  She's great, I was just curious since I don't remember her winning any National comps.  Thanks!
Jane did compete in an NPC NYC show, however she is not a U.S. citizen so she is not allowed to compete in a pro qualifing show. She is from Brazil and petitioned the president of the IFBB in Brazil for her pro card and was rewarded it. There have been many others from outside of the U.S. who've done the same.  If she brings in a more streamlined, less muscular physique she will be a contender as her routines are insane.
Elevate Your Image.™

buffalo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2006, 04:38:45 PM »
"Mighty Lingster"

MIGHT I suggest you should spend more time interacting with real women then on your animations of making women's breasts growing...

Need I say more?  ::)

that crap is hysterical....wow...14 year old boys probably love this stuff.