Author Topic: Val's 2-minute Figure Routine  (Read 19373 times)

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
Re: Val's 2-minute Figure Routine
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2007, 05:04:24 AM »
AC-2007!!!
YESSSSS

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2007, 10:23:47 AM »

Click on picture to visit Valerie Waugaman

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2007, 04:18:51 PM »

God obviously knew what the hell he was up to when he created Val.

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »
God obviously knew what the hell he was up to when he created Val.

babydoc

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2007, 03:15:10 PM »
Jane did compete in an NPC NYC show, however she is not a U.S. citizen so she is not allowed to compete in a pro qualifing show. She is from Brazil and petitioned the president of the IFBB in Brazil for her pro card and was rewarded it. There have been many others from outside of the U.S. who've done the same.  If she brings in a more streamlined, less muscular physique she will be a contender as her routines are insane.

You think so?  I was there as well, and as a fitness competitor myself, I found Jane's routine a bit boring.  She is exceptionally strong as evidenced by her strength moves, but the choreograpy was quite repetitive as I recall in the 2 minute.  I also thought she lacked personality/stage presence and looked like she was getting winded as the routine progressed.  Her 45 second was much better than her 2 minute.  I think she has amazing POTENTIAL to do damage in the IFBB if she does several things:
1)Pays attention to details such as hair, makeup, and suit selection.  Her suits did not flatter her physique, and the shoes she wore were distracting.
2)Focuses more on entertaining the crowd during her routine rather than just execution of skills
3)Make some changes in her physique to bring it more along the lines of the 'look' the IFBB is favoring now.  These days, they seem to reward shape and conditioning over size and muscularity.

HOWEVER, her friend, Juliana Malacarne...who competed in pro figure was amazing. In my opinion, she was severely overlooked.  She was absolutely glowing under the stage lights with a smile you can't miss....and a phenomenal physique to boot. 

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2007, 10:19:24 AM »
I'm going to talk about Val, she looked fabulous in these pictures.  Wow!  No comment on why she didn't place higher...but she should have done better.

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2007, 10:03:30 PM »
I'm going to talk about Val, she looked fabulous in these pictures.  Wow!  No comment on why she didn't place higher...but she should have done better.

Cham,

I think we are all confused as to why she did not place higher!  She seems to be the "ideal" as to what Figure should be today!  She is flawless!

Grant.

PS -- do wish Val would get a manicure and pedicure when she competes.  It is about the "package" afterall. Would she go on stage with no make-up?  No.

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2007, 02:37:34 PM »

tommyguns

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2007, 08:52:39 AM »
Grant,

I too was a bit surprised at Val's placing.  She trained with me and some of my buds from about 12 weeks out until about 6 weeks out, at which point she needed to specialize her training, and thus trained alone.  I think she brought her best package to the contest, so she doesn't have anything to "fix" with regards to her physique, IMO. 

I asked her what feedback she got from the judges, and she said they told her that her legs were too hard.  That's unfortunate, because the girls can pose softer if they're asked.  At the North American a couple of years back they told the figure girls to flex, and then to relax.  I think that would be a good idea for the O and the Arnold, that way the judges can compare apples to apples, so to speak.

Just more evidence that the lack of clear guidelines makes it difficult for the women to properly prep for the show.

I don't want to take anything away from the other girls, I'm sure they all worked hard, but Val sure appeared to be on another level, IMO.

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2007, 09:54:34 AM »
I thought she was fantastic as well... very beautiful and womanly. As far as mani and pedi.... sometimes those get ruined by the tan, and honestly I dont think that is what they were judging...

Also.. those things expensive .....and when you do not have a sponsor who pays for them, you have to pay yourself, and no all of us are trust fund babies...lol

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2007, 10:26:04 AM »
I asked her what feedback she got from the judges, and she said they told her that her legs were too hard.  That's unfortunate, because the girls can pose softer if they're asked.  At the North American a couple of years back they told the figure girls to flex, and then to relax.  I think that would be a good idea for the O and the Arnold, that way the judges can compare apples to apples, so to speak.

Just more evidence that the lack of clear guidelines makes it difficult for the women to properly prep for the show.

I don't want to take anything away from the other girls, I'm sure they all worked hard, but Val sure appeared to be on another level, IMO.

Good post, Tommy. I watched Val win the Colorado Pro and she really was in her own class up there.  I remember thinking it was like watching a pedigree racehorse playing with the ponies!

Val may have had a little less muscle in her arms and shoulders for this Arnold than the Colorado Show.  She does have very defined legs ... but I think she is able to carry it better than most girls because of her long leg structure and long muscle bellies.  She is very Timea-like in this regard and it never hurt Timea in the Physique rounds?

I think the idea to tell the girls to flex and then relax is a great idea!  Why are they not using that here?

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2007, 10:31:06 AM »
I thought she was fantastic as well... very beautiful and womanly. As far as mani and pedi.... sometimes those get ruined by the tan, and honestly I dont think that is what they were judging...

I know they don't judge that ... it's a minor (personal) observation I made.  But truth be told I've heard judges comment on make-up ... or bad choice in hairstyle?

And the mani/pedi should never get ruined by the tan .... since your guy should be doing the whole job .....from top to bottom!  I'm an expert.  Fun for EVERYONE!

tommyguns

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »
Grant,

Yep, Val's got great genetics.  On back days she'd pose in the mirror, and (playfully, of course), I couldn't let that go unchallenged, so I'd flex as well.  The guys would shake their heads and mutter, "damn! dude, you just got totally smoked by a chick!"  And they were right!

Don't want to exaggerate too much, but when she unfurls her back it's pretty impressive... looks like a cobra!  And another thing that some people overlook is good calves.  she could shred a head of lettuce on those things!

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2007, 01:31:02 PM »
Very interesting and cognitive theme. Thanks Grant, Dinochka and tommyguns!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/valerie2.htm

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2007, 01:46:29 AM »
Good post, Tommy. I watched Val win the Colorado Pro and she really was in her own class up there.  I remember thinking it was like watching a pedigree racehorse playing with the ponies!

Grant,
That is the best analogy I've heard in a long time.  Val truly is in a class all her own ANY TIME she takes the stage (in my opinion).

We had the pleasure of shooting a workout video with her in contest shape on Sunday afternoon of the Arnold 2007 Weekend.  She looked amazing.  Here is a post I made to another message board recently, announcing the presentation of some of the clips on our site:

http://www.hdphysiques.com/model_pages_indv.php?modelid=69

Since we were fortunate enough to capture a stunning, contest-shape, workout with her right after the 2007 Arnold (Ms. Figure International contest), we wanted to create a seperate page that showed off how impressive Valerie's physique was at this event.  Her quad definition would even make some bodybuilders jealous! 

More sample pics:
Calves:

Quads:

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDD.....

Here is a MASSIVE clip previewing the intense leg workout (be patient, it will take a while to download):

Low Res:   http://www.hdphysiques.com/freemedia/valerie_waugaman_2/WaugFree2007.mpg
HIGH DEFINITION:  http://www.hdphysiques.com/freemedia/valerie_waugaman_2/WaugFree2007-2.wmv

Also, if you are an HDP member, you'll love the quad clip 105, which is featured in 1080p SUPER HD technology.

Enjoy,
HDPhysiques.com
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!