Author Topic: Val Waugaman floats like a butterfly...  (Read 24273 times)

Fanatic

• Getbig II
Re: Val Waugaman floats like a butterfly...
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2006, 04:01:25 PM »
Wow, is that really Val in the before picture?  What a difference. :o

fotoguy

• Getbig II
  • \m/ \m/
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2006, 02:48:44 AM »
I didn't see the show but this discussion reminds me of when people were shocked  :o when some bodybuilding guys first started the ol pock & lock stuff.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2006, 08:35:40 AM »
I didn't see the show but this discussion reminds me of when people were shocked  :o when some bodybuilding guys first started the ol pock & lock stuff.
Eric say it aint so!  :o

Unless we legalize the marjiuana and have it available backstage for all to enjoy I don't see this going much further then Ms. Waugaman. Stranger things have happened and I've been known to be wrong a time or three.
Elevate Your Image.™

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2006, 09:35:53 AM »
well wait until after the WPB show..it might catch on

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2006, 09:38:22 AM »
I'm working on the video interview of her demonstrating it in the Expo and answering questions related to it.

It should be interesting to see her "Two minute Figure Routine" this weekend at the West Palm Beach show.

Well, hurry up with the editing Lift!   ;D

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2006, 10:02:20 AM »
well wait until after the WPB show..it might catch on
LOL taking hits from the bong or freestyle figure posing? Which will you be engaging in this weekend Dina? :P

I'll have the video up this afternoon.
Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2006, 12:49:06 PM »
Unless we legalize the marjiuana and have it available backstage for all to enjoy I don't see this going much further then Ms. Waugaman. Stranger things have happened and I've been known to be wrong a time or three.

There are leaders and then there are followers. 

History, however, will remember those who were not afraid to be trailblazers. 

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2006, 01:40:23 PM »
Eric say it aint so!  :o

;D

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2006, 01:48:34 PM »

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2006, 02:03:19 PM »
There are leaders and then there are followers. 

History, however, will remember those who were not afraid to be trailblazers. 
She's blaze'n something all right.  8)
Elevate Your Image.™

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2006, 02:34:32 PM »
LOL taking hits from the bong or freestyle figure posing? Which will you be engaging in this weekend Dina? :P

I'll have the video up this afternoon.

Both and I might sport a blue mohawk to match my suits. Just be sure to take pics

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2006, 02:42:01 PM »
As I am a rasta who lives in the Caribbean, I am obviously the expert on whether someone is blazin or not.

Post up the vid, and I will give my expert opinion >:(

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2006, 02:48:31 PM »
As I am a rasta who lives in the Caribbean, I am obviously the expert on whether someone is blazin or not.

Post up the vid, and I will give my expert opinion >:(
The video's already been posted, CQ. Those are youtoube links.  ;)
Lee

fitnessdiva1

• Getbig I
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2006, 02:51:53 PM »

The video cuts off right after Tara Scotti... Val is not in the video, neither is DJ Wallis.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2006, 03:25:06 PM »
The Vid I am working on is an interview explaining her posing and what she will be doing this weekend, along with what she was saying when she was talking to herself.

Dina - I will have a camera and video recorder, Ron wants some special pics.  ;)

Elevate Your Image.™

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2006, 04:22:55 PM »

Whoops. It appears I am the high one 8)

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2006, 11:17:49 AM »

JohnT

• Getbig I
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2006, 01:02:20 AM »
I must say, I'm very disappointed by people in this thread.  It's one thing to say you don't like a routine, or a suit, or a look, or a physique, etc...... but saying that Valerie is on drugs, or is high, even if just in jest, is in very poor form.  Just because you don't understand something someone else does, or you are resistant to change, that doesn't make the other person wrong, "high", weird, or deserving of these sorts of mean spirited comments.

I can assure you, Ms. Waugaman is not "high" on anything, nor is she feeding her ego by performing a new type of "quarter turn".   She is a super, super nice person, and is the classiest person I've met in the industry.  She is ALWAYS friendly to both fellow competitors and fans alike. I've never seen Valerie in a bad mood.  She's wonderful.  She's the LEAST egotistical person I know, and is probably the nicest to other competitors backstage.  Just because she has an idea to help grow figure into something more interesting, it should not be construed as showboating, grandstanding, etc..., she's just being creative and trying to present her physique in what she feels is a positive fashion. From what I understand, behind the scenes, many of the girls love this idea - allowing them to present themselves in a unique way - but are "afraid" to speak up about it, fearing lower placings. I, for one, am looking very forward to her 2 minute performance this weekend in West Palm Beach, and hope she pioneers in a new era in Figure.

To attack her with such venom (Malibu and Hinds) is very low on your parts.  Especially how you act nice to her on your video, then trash her, call her "high", etc, here on this board.  One thing is for certain - your negativity will not affect her.  Her positive spirit is stronger than anything you bring to the table.

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2006, 01:23:05 AM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2006, 02:28:14 AM »

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2006, 05:42:54 AM »
I must say, I'm very disappointed by people in this thread.  It's one thing to say you don't like a routine, or a suit, or a look, or a physique, etc...... but saying that Valerie is on drugs, or is high, even if just in jest, is in very poor form.  Just because you don't understand something someone else does, or you are resistant to change, that doesn't make the other person wrong, "high", weird, or deserving of these sorts of mean spirited comments.

I can assure you, Ms. Waugaman is not "high" on anything, nor is she feeding her ego by performing a new type of "quarter turn".   She is a super, super nice person, and is the classiest person I've met in the industry.  She is ALWAYS friendly to both fellow competitors and fans alike. I've never seen Valerie in a bad mood.  She's wonderful.  She's the LEAST egotistical person I know, and is probably the nicest to other competitors backstage.  Just because she has an idea to help grow figure into something more interesting, it should not be construed as showboating, grandstanding, etc..., she's just being creative and trying to present her physique in what she feels is a positive fashion. From what I understand, behind the scenes, many of the girls love this idea - allowing them to present themselves in a unique way - but are "afraid" to speak up about it, fearing lower placings. I, for one, am looking very forward to her 2 minute performance this weekend in West Palm Beach, and hope she pioneers in a new era in Figure.

To attack her with such venom (Malibu and Hinds) is very low on your parts.  Especially how you act nice to her on your video, then trash her, call her "high", etc, here on this board.  One thing is for certain - your negativity will not affect her.  Her positive spirit is stronger than anything you bring to the table.
Dear Waugamaniac,

I'm all for making things interesting and change, but you don't do what Val did at the biggest show of the year and think that is okay. You also don't tell the IFBB that YOU are going to change the way figure is done. That's a great way to get change.  ::) I'd hardly call what I am saying trashing her. Everything I am saying I will say to Val in person and the questions Ron and I asked are what people were asking and commenting on. I can't count the number of people asking or commenting on thinking she was high or on something. That is why Ron asked the question. I wouldn't considering me putting on the CAPTAIN OBVIOUS suit and calling it how the vast marjority of people see it being negative. People didn't understand and why we asked the questions we did, again hardly trashing her.

"She's the LEAST egotistical person I know, and is probably the nicest to other competitors backstage."
- You clearly don't speak to many of the competitors as this couldn't be further from the truth. I've been told on more then a few occasions first hand accounts of how she was less then nice to fellow competitors. You have NO CLUE how many fellow competitors felt that her perfomance on stage was disrespectful of their time and talking on stage OUTLOUD would tend to lend itself to those who aren't in a "normal" state of mind.

Elevate Your Image.™

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2006, 06:01:34 AM »

She is obviously a friend of yours and you are defending her, and I applaud that. I would do, and have done, the same.

That being said, if you want to walk out onstage and talk to yourself - people are going to talk about you. End of story. It is nutty to talk to yourself onstage.

She has a great physique no doubt. I was beyond impressed by her from the moment she came on the scene.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2006, 09:11:13 AM »
To attack her with such venom (Malibu and Hinds) is very low on your parts. 

Lift was out of line, got called on it, then smartened up in subsequent postings about The Regal One. 

MalibuBarbie is just a trashy little bitch.  A couple of us think it might be a guy and that it might be a guy who trains female competitors, but one thing is certain - jealousy consumes this individual.  That's what makes his/her perspective so laughable.  And the end of the day, MalibuBarbie is just another internet troll desperate for attention. 

JohnT

• Getbig I
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2006, 09:45:30 AM »
Dear Waugamaniac,

I'm all for making things interesting and change, but you don't do what Val did at the biggest show of the year and think that is okay. You also don't tell the IFBB that YOU are going to change the way figure is done. That's a great way to get change.  ::) I'd hardly call what I am saying trashing her. Everything I am saying I will say to Val in person and the questions Ron and I asked are what people were asking and commenting on. I can't count the number of people asking or commenting on thinking she was high or on something. That is why Ron asked the question. I wouldn't considering me putting on the CAPTAIN OBVIOUS suit and calling it how the vast marjority of people see it being negative. People didn't understand and why we asked the questions we did, again hardly trashing her.

"She's the LEAST egotistical person I know, and is probably the nicest to other competitors backstage."
- You clearly don't speak to many of the competitors as this couldn't be further from the truth. I've been told on more then a few occasions first hand accounts of how she was less then nice to fellow competitors. You have NO CLUE how many fellow competitors felt that her perfomance on stage was disrespectful of their time and talking on stage OUTLOUD would tend to lend itself to those who aren't in a "normal" state of mind.

I've spoken to maybe 15-17 of the 22 or so competitors since the Olympia prejudging.  I think that's a pretty good sample set to get an accurate view of things, Isaac.  And so far, the only people acting jealous, insecure, and calling it disrespectful are you and Malibu"Barbie".   If "positive affirmation" is Valerie's thing on stage, so what?  Who does that harm?  There are probably a lot of things you do that many people would consider not "normal" too.

Stating almost factually like you have, that "she was less than nice to fellow competitors", is a flat out lie.  I've never heard a competitor state this, only you.   Competitors have always told me she's very sweet and personable, and this dates back to 2005 Europa.  (I was not present at the 05 USA's or the 04 Bodyrock shows where she apparently also competed).