Author Topic: Nasser El Sonbaty - Nasser Nights and More Stories  (Read 756687 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: Nasser Nights + Bobs 2010 Nasser Visit!
« Reply #3850 on: January 18, 2010, 03:38:21 PM »
Achieving financial independence is a good thing, but it is not a goal in and of itself. Before we really start drooling over Nasser's many accomplishments, let's ask some of the following questions:
1.: What is Nasser doing to give back to the Bodybuilding community?
2.: What is Nasser doing to help his local community?
3. What current goals/ambitions does Nasser currently have?

I too strive for Financial independence, and one day I will have that, but when that day comes, rest assured, that I will not rest...no I will continue to dream, and aspire, and simply use my resources to try and help society as a whole.

The poorest person in the world is not the one without a Nickel, but rather the one without a Dream.

I fear that Nasser is content with mediocrity.

All I said was it's funny that you were trying to summarize his current life with matters that only take minutes of his life.  The fact that you have shifted your focus suggests that you agree with me.  And it's hardly anyone's business what Nasser does for the community lol.  The guy enjoys life, why so much obsession over it?

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
« Reply #3851 on: January 18, 2010, 03:41:07 PM »
Achieving financial independence is a good thing, but it is not a goal in and of itself. Before we really start drooling over Nasser's many accomplishments, let's ask some of the following questions:
1.: What is Nasser doing to give back to the Bodybuilding community?
2.: What is Nasser doing to help his local community?
3. What current goals/ambitions does Nasser currently have?

I too strive for Financial independence, and one day I will have that, but when that day comes, rest assured, that I will not rest...no I will continue to dream, and aspire, and simply use my resources to try and help society as a whole.

The poorest person in the world is not the one without a Nickel, but rather the one without a Dream.

I fear that Nasser is content with mediocrity.

You are quick to draw blood and your philosophy is riddled with a condescending tone towards Nasser.  You know nothing about the man yet you are quick to diminish his accomplishments.

Since we are speaking philosophically, let me ask you this.

You say that "Nasser is content with mediocrity" (which is not true), yet he has achieved financial independence, something that you have not.

That being said, if your statement is indeed true that "Nasser is content with mediocrity", does the fact that you are "ambitious in failure" make you a better person than he is?

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
« Reply #3852 on: January 18, 2010, 03:44:07 PM »
I look better than that... and goodness you are weak as a kitten, that's a warmup for me.

how can you be struggling with such a light weight? are you sure you aren't a woman?

Oh brother, your lack of modesty shows you to be an insecure individual for sure.

You have built a good physique (I understand it serves you well lifting those heavy tvs), but you are not a bodybuilding legend.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #3853 on: January 18, 2010, 03:44:45 PM »
All I said was it's funny that you were trying to summarize his current life with matters that only take minutes of his life.  The fact that you have shifted your focus suggests that you agree with me.  And it's hardly anyone's business what Nasser does for the community lol.  The guy enjoys life, why so much obsession over it?
Look who's talking, Mr. Nasser Nights, Team Nasser's in-charge guy here on the internet. Oh brother.  

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #3854 on: January 18, 2010, 03:46:55 PM »

I almost choked on the irony in that post.

You idiots prattle on as if Nasser is the only person on earth who's got a couple of bucks in the bank and has a few nice things.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #3855 on: January 18, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »
Look who's talking, Mr. Nasser Nights, Team Nasser's in-charge guy here on the internet. Oh brother.  

It's all in response to your guys' obsession.  If no one made ridiculous claims in this thread it would be much smaller and we'd just be discussing the latest trip with those who are interested, as was originally intended.

Besides, it's normal to spend some time discussing one of your real life friends or even someone you look up to as a fan, but not normal for others who claim they don't care about Nasser to be taking so much interest in all posts Nasser-related.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #3856 on: January 18, 2010, 03:58:28 PM »

For the record.... I am skeptical just how financially secure Nasser is, but to me that isn't very relevant, so I will get to my point.

For the sake of argument...let's say that Nasser is set up for life... my point is... "So what?"

Both you and Nasser are considerably shallow if you think that achieving financial security is the highest pinnacle of existence. I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you are above this, at least in theory, but the overall scope of your posts would seem to contradict any hope I may have.

That said... the longer you try and tote Nasser as some kind of hero, because he can afford to feed his dogs steaks, or can lounge around the beach, is laughable at best, and mediocre at worst.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #3857 on: January 18, 2010, 04:01:14 PM »
For the record.... I am skeptical just how financially secure Nasser is, but to me that isn't very relevant, so I will get to my point.

For the sake of argument...let's say that Nasser is set up for life... my point is... "So what?"

Both you and Nasser are considerably shallow if you think that achieving financial security is the highest pinnacle of existence. I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you are above this, at least in theory, but the overall scope of your posts would seem to contradict any hope I may have.

That said... the longer you try and tote Nasser as some kind of hero, because he can afford to feed his dogs steaks, or can lounge around the beach, is laughable at best, and mediocre at worst.

Go back and re-read the conversation.  I only talk about his financial independence when guys like you try to ridicule his life or suggest he's broke, dependent on a small source of income, or a "failure" as Groink said (oh brother!).  If you really think his well-being is "irrelevent" then simple solution, don't question it. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #3858 on: January 18, 2010, 04:03:16 PM »
It's all in response to your guys' obsession.  If no one made ridiculous claims in this thread it would be much smaller and we'd just be discussing the latest trip with those who are interested, as was originally intended.

Besides, it's normal to spend some time discussing one of your real life friends or even someone you look up to as a fan, but not normal for others who claim they don't care about Nasser to be taking so much interest in all posts Nasser-related.

I remember when the Nasser shit first started.

At first it was like "OK...Nasser's cool, he's got fans"  and then as you guys got more ridiculous in your praise, and started spamming every thread that you could possibly wedge a nasser reference into...it turned into "OK...you might want to shut the fuck up about Nasser now."

and that's where it has been ever since.   I like it  :D  reminds me of the old days

Whenever i feel like being obnoxious for a while, this is where i come.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #3859 on: January 18, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »

This pretty much describes his career too.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3860 on: January 18, 2010, 04:05:05 PM »
You are quick to draw blood and your philosophy is riddled with a condescending tone towards Nasser.  You know nothing about the man yet you are quick to diminish his accomplishments.

Since we are speaking philosophically, let me ask you this.

You say that "Nasser is content with mediocrity" (which is not true), yet he has achieved financial independence, something that you have not.

That being said, if your statement is indeed true that "Nasser is content with mediocrity", does the fact that you are "ambitious in failure" make you a better person than he is?

I am a failure because I don't have several million dollars in the bank at this time? I suppose if that is the only barometer of success, then yes I am but a lowly pumpkinhead, not worthy of holding Nasser's mighty thong.

Joking aside... I think you are missing the point. I am not saying that I have failed, nor am I saying that Nasser is a terrible person. What I AM saying is that if you are looking up to this person simply because he was a successfull IFBB pro, and doesn't seem to be living in a cardboard box, your standards, and overall scope of life is indeed mediocre.  

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3861 on: January 18, 2010, 04:06:44 PM »
Go back and re-read the conversation.  I only talk about his financial independence when guys like you try to ridicule his life or suggest he's broke, dependent on a small source of income, or a "failure" as Groink said (oh brother!).  If you really think his well-being is "irrelevent" then simple solution, don't question it. 

I think that it is irrlevent in the overall scheme of things. I comment on it, becuase of the absurd amount of praise, and stock you put into it.

No man is worthy of Demigod status, or to be Idolized, but if you insist on doing this, I suggest that there are many men more worthy of it then Nasser.

HugeAl

• Getbig III
« Reply #3862 on: January 18, 2010, 04:07:51 PM »
Finding it hard to believe a midget with legs as shitty as this can be 260lbs.

Any chance of stepping up like Nasser did and posting some proof. To be 43 and a supposed lifetime trainer with legs like this is a fucking embarrassment. Get out of the curl rack ::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #3863 on: January 18, 2010, 04:09:50 PM »

Same here.  Not that i think he's destitute or anything, but i think Bobs paints a very favorable picture for 'ol Nasser.

Not to be a doubting Thomas, but how do we even know that's his house? We only have Bobs word, and that is dubious at best.

If it is great for him, but can't help but be skeptical

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #3864 on: January 18, 2010, 04:10:33 PM »
I think that it is irrlevent in the overall scheme of things. I comment on it, becuase of the absurd amount of praise, and stock you put into it.

No man is worthy of Demigod status, or to be Idolized, but if you insist on doing this, I suggest that there are many men more worthy of it then Nasser.

Like I said, my posts about his wealth or lifestyle are simply in response to people accusing him of being broke.  The more exaggerated their accusations are the more detailed my reply is.  It's simply defending a friend and telling the truth, not being shallow or giving "demigod status."  

You'll also notice I've never made cracks about others' occupation or wealth either, even to the ones who falsely claim Nasser to be broke or doing g4p.

Also ironic that are you referring to my "absurd amount of praise" when just last page you were making an "absurd amount of insults" towards him.

HugeAl

• Getbig III
« Reply #3865 on: January 18, 2010, 04:12:34 PM »

Not to be a doubting Thomas, but how do we even know that's his house? We only have Bobs word, and that is dubious at best.

Really? Bigbobs is one of the most trustworthy, open and honest posters on this board. You're the one who hides shit. Hides your face, your crappy job , your gyno chest etc..

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #3866 on: January 18, 2010, 04:12:41 PM »
Finding it hard to believe a midget with legs as shitty as this can be 260lbs.

Any chance of stepping up like Nasser did and posting some proof. To be 43 and a supposed lifetime trainer with legs like this is a fucking embarrassment. Get out of the curl rack ::)

right ::) funny how I'm one of the few people on GB in general with the balls to post a leg pic.  that's no accident  ;)

Speaking of pics...how bout posting one yourself gimmick?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #3867 on: January 18, 2010, 04:15:51 PM »
Really? Bigbobs is one of the most trustworthy, open and honest posters on this board. You're the one who hides shit. Hides your face, your crappy job , your gyno chest etc..

Funny.... coming from someone who's afraid to say this on their main account, talking about "hiding things".

I must have owned you quite nicely....I'm flattered you take the time to pot-shot me anonymously...pussy :D

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3868 on: January 18, 2010, 04:16:29 PM »
Like I said, my posts about his wealth or lifestyle are simply in response to people accusing him of being broke.  The more exaggerated their accusations are the more detailed my reply is.  It's simply defending a friend and telling the truth, not being shallow or giving "demigod status."  

You'll also notice I've never made cracks about others' occupation or wealth either, even to the ones who falsely claim Nasser to be broke or doing g4p.

It's hard to take you seriously when you seem incapable of admitting that he too is human and has faults. You seem to think that somehow he has always been above G4P, dealing, wife-beating, being rude/overly aggressive to women, etc.

I'm not trying to Judge Nasser...I too have done some pretty stupid things in my life, and am hardly perfect, but you won't ever see me denying this, or employing a handfull of followers to try and be my internet apologists/spokesmen.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #3869 on: January 18, 2010, 04:19:07 PM »
It's all in response to your guys' obsession.  If no one made ridiculous claims in this thread it would be much smaller and we'd just be discussing the latest trip with those who are interested, as was originally intended.

Superb spin. You're just one big ball of lies, aren't you. Where do you end and the lies begin!?

HugeAl

• Getbig III
« Reply #3870 on: January 18, 2010, 04:20:19 PM »
right ::) funny how I'm one of the few people on GB in general with the balls to post a leg pic.  that's no accident  ;)

Your legs and balls are tiny. I'd call posting shitty legs like that and then talking yourself up against an Arnold Classic winner pure stupidity. Should have pretended you had legs instead of post those drumsticks and make a joke of yourself. Joe Coach is laughing at them all over the internets.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3871 on: January 18, 2010, 04:21:04 PM »
Superb spin. You're just one big ball of lies, aren't you. Where do you end and the lies begin!?

George Stephanopoulos would be proud!  :D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #3872 on: January 18, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »
Your legs and balls are tiny. I'd call posting shitty legs like that and then talking yourself up against an Arnold Classic winner pure stupidity. Should have pretended you had legs instead of post those drumsticks and make a joke of yourself. Joe Coach is laughing at them all over the internets.

Oh no.....a gimmick keeps making fun of me

please stop  ::)

HugeAl

• Getbig III
« Reply #3873 on: January 18, 2010, 04:25:04 PM »
Oh no.....a gimmick keeps making fun of me

please stop  ::)

You don't weigh 260 with those legs. End of story.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #3874 on: January 18, 2010, 04:25:23 PM »

When you have nothing left to say, just blindly and falsely accuse my post of being a "lie" without any support.  Great strategy!