Author Topic: I Want To Hear Everyones Training Philosophy.......  (Read 12069 times)

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
Re: I Want To Hear Everyones Training Philosophy.......
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2008, 06:03:19 AM »
serious question here...

is it good to train different each time around???

i mean

never do the same exercises, just do the ones you feel like during a work out...

Dan Duchaine used to advocate training like that e.g. 10 different exercises for the same muscle group, his explanation being that they are two ways to get stronger: hypertrophy and neuro muscular adaptation. By doing different exercises each time hypertrophy is maximise and adaptation doesn't occur.

Try it.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2008, 06:11:48 AM »
serious question here...

is it good to train different each time around???

i mean

never do the same exercises, just do the ones you feel like during a work out...
i mostly stick to the same exercises as it gives me an idea of how i am doing relative to last time, last month, last year....  but it really depends on your goals.  i train for strength and speed, if you train for mass you probably want to change your routine more frequently, let's say every three months or so.

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2008, 06:17:21 AM »
i mostly stick to the same exercises as it gives me an idea of how i am doing relative to last time, last month, last year....  but it really depends on your goals.  i train for strength and speed, if you train for mass you probably want to change your routine more frequently, let's say every three months or so.

Stick to the same then if you stop getting sore, take a 2 week lay off and start again. I have a 10-14 days off every 3 months or so and never fail to get sore and grow once back again.

Bodybuilding has got far too complicated - Why train more than you have to - stimulate, don't annialate - get in, get it done, then go and eat

The Coach

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2008, 07:43:20 AM »
Hypertrophy does not always = strength. The 10 exercises (or even 20-40 as Milos does) is a rediculous assumption, but like I have said, anything will work when a person is on gear.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2008, 07:44:36 AM »
Hypertrophy does not always = strength. The 10 exercises (or even 20-40 as Milos does) is a rediculous assumption, but like I have said, anything will work when a person is on gear.

even pink weights?'

The Coach

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2008, 07:49:31 AM »
But it is THEIR philosophy and they are entitled too it. But I have seen and read these "scientific" studies by people like Poliquin and other so called gurus who claim this and that, but the real test is can you get someone to perform in the same way without gear....again, anything will work when on gear.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2008, 07:52:11 AM »
But it is THEIR philosophy and they are entitled too it. But I have seen and read these "scientific" studies by people like Poliquin and other so called gurus who claim this and that, but the real test is can you get someone to perform in the same way without gear....again, anything will work when on gear.

ahh

so i can just get some dbol test deca and grow like a beast while training with pink weights???? :)

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2008, 07:56:38 AM »

ever heard of leverage???

if evern the non functionnal part of the muscle (sarcoplasmic liquid) gets bigger, even because of adipose deposit, you will have more leverage thus be stronger, hence the huge difference in absolute strenght in athletes of different weight class.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2008, 08:44:56 AM »
heres fatpandas philosophy:

frequency: train each bodypart every 72 hours (due to studies that show equal hypertrophy but greater strength gains over working bodypart every 48 hour - optimising protein synthesis and cns regeneration)

sets/reps: 3 sets total for each bodypart - 1 set 20 rm(as fast as possible, to stimulate fast twitch fibres and also acts as warmup), 1 set 10 rm, 1 set 5 rm (increasing the weight on each set)

split:
mon: chest/tri/front delts/side delts
tue: legs/back/bi's/rear delts
wed: off
thur: repeat mon with different excercise.
fri: repeat tue with different excericise.
sat: off,
sun: chest/ etc etc

excercises: all taken from the book target bodybuilding, that show what excercises stimulate most muscle fibres, i.e.decline/flat/incline bench or db for chest. bb rows/db rows for lats etc.

i only do 1 excercise per bodypart per workout.

nutrition: pre/post : chocolate milk (low fat) although i am thinking of trying the full fat kind after the recent studies that show full fat milk stimulates more muscle than fat free milk.

after trying the low carb for 6 months or so my strength went to shit, and fat loss stalled on as little as 2000 cals, but when i added 50-70g carbs my strength improved immediately ,so i'm thinking of going back to a low fat, moderate carbs, high protein.

8)
175lbs by 31st July

The Wizard

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2008, 08:46:34 AM »

frequency: train each bodypart every 72 hours (due to studies that show equal hypertrophy but greater strength gains over working bodypart every 48 hour - optimising protein synthesis and cns regeneration)

sets/reps: 3 sets total for each bodypart - 1 set 20 rm(as fast as possible, to stimulate fast twitch fibres and also acts as warmup), 1 set 10 rm, 1 set 5 rm

split:

excercises: all taken from the book target bodybuilding, that show what excercises stimulate most muscle fibres, i.e.decline/flat/incline bench or db for chest. bb rows/db rows for lats etc.

nutrition: pre/post : chocolate milk (low fat) although i am thinking of trying the full fat kind after the recent studies that show full fat milk stimulates more muscle than fat free milk.

after trying the low carb for 6 months or so my strength went to shit, and fat loss stalled on as little as 2000 cals, but when i added 50-70g carbs my strength improved immediately ,so i'm thinking of going back to a low fat, moderate carbs, high protein.

8)

a 165 pound yates fan!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2008, 08:48:26 AM »
try 258lbs as of monday morning big stuff  :-*
175lbs by 31st July

The Wizard

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2008, 08:49:47 AM »

Dorian is that you? Welcome to getbig

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2008, 08:54:52 AM »
i also tried the 4-6 max-ot for a while after reading the studies that show that rep range better for strength but equal for muscle gains than higher rep ranges, and to be honest i liked the strength and muscle gains it gave me, so i might go back to that at some point. i only stopped because i partially tore both rotators  :'( (didn't warm up correctly)

jrods progress with it is impressive

also the condition of jrod, alex a, skip la cour, jef willet with the low fat diet has also influenced my decision to change from high fat to low fat.
175lbs by 31st July

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2008, 08:56:23 AM »

sets/reps: 3 sets total for each bodypart - 1 set 20 rm(as fast as possible, to stimulate fast twitch fibres and also acts as warmup), 1 set 10 rm, 1 set 5 rm (increasing the weight on each set)

split:

8)

yeah.. that shit... seems intelligent since its more that 4 sentences... so im gonna go for it...  :)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2008, 08:58:51 AM »
Dorian is that you? Welcome to getbig

cheers, but tell me who are you? ;)
175lbs by 31st July

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2008, 09:23:32 AM »

you sound like an absolute beast 'fat'panda

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2008, 10:19:53 AM »
your quite the beast yourself stud  ;)
175lbs by 31st July

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2008, 11:32:41 AM »
i also tried the 4-6 max-ot for a while after reading the studies that show that rep range better for strength but equal for muscle gains than higher rep ranges, and to be honest i liked the strength and muscle gains it gave me, so i might go back to that at some point. i only stopped because i partially tore both rotators  :'( (didn't warm up correctly)

jrods progress with it is impressive

also the condition of jrod, alex a, skip la cour, jef willet with the low fat diet has also influenced my decision to change from high fat to low fat.
Same here. Max-OT with a lighter "pump" workout to a lagging bodypart later in the week. Love it and each time I go away from it it's been to my detriment (so far).

Don't understand the excessive amount of protein most of those guys all intake though.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2008, 12:14:20 PM »
Go with your bodily flow.

Be who you can be.

I have never, ever read one magazine training article.

NOTHING is more boring.

I will not listen to pateint's training routines.

I may have done lee labrada's ab routine.

My own diets.

Even as a little kid, I smelled bs in the mags.

So what did you do when you first started working out and what do you do now?  Did you just do trial and error starting out or have a mentor?  How often do you workout and what do you do?  "Go with your bodily flow" (whatever that means) is a little vague.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2008, 12:15:30 PM »
I think alot of you are missing the premis of the thread. I see alot of what you guys do (and I'm not saying it's bad or good) I just want to know WHY it's being done that way.

Because we see results.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2008, 12:17:52 PM »
Work out hard,check out the hot chicks in the gym,go home.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2008, 12:22:13 PM »
Same here. Max-OT with a lighter "pump" workout to a lagging bodypart later in the week. Love it and each time I go away from it it's been to my detriment (so far).

Don't understand the excessive amount of protein most of those guys all intake though.

yes but their natural claims are highly suspect  >:(
175lbs by 31st July

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »
Low volume, high intensity, hit every muscle every 4 days.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2008, 12:24:10 PM »
This approach can't work with everyone but prepare hours in advance for your mental zone regardless of a set time, this would be different times on different days that way you go when you will do the most damage not when its 7 o'clock because thats your scheduled time.

Don't let the novalty of your standards ware down, if the workout ain't 100% don't bother that way you make sure you bring your A game for next time.

Remember the battle is not won on the field in war its won by your preperation leading up to the battle, so in gym words what you do before you step up to gym is where your cashing in.

ONETIMEHARD 8)

Is this Frank Zane speaking?  Zane was always big on meditation and focus.  

Though I think it is important to get focused and concentrate on what you are going to do in the gym, preparing hours in advance seems a bit extreme.  It is more important to focus on what you are doing once you are in the gym to make sure you get the most out of your workout.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2008, 12:34:09 PM »
coach, lets hear yours.

also can someone find Gary glitter Vince Basile and try to get him to state his beliefs in a sentence.
175lbs by 31st July