Author Topic: Drove one of the new Nissan GT-R supercars at the weekend  (Read 2036 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Drove one of the new Nissan GT-R supercars at the weekend
« on: May 28, 2013, 05:53:07 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Seriously, I was not expecting this thing to be sooooo quick!

Once it was warmed up, you could activate 'Launch Mode' and go from 0-120 mph in what felt like a few seconds.

I can only compare the feeling to my friends Evo, which gave a bit more G-Force at the beginning of the acceleration.

Beautiful car.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: Drove one of the new Nissan GT-R supercars at the weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 05:54:28 AM »
My cousin, who drove it down from Newcastle, arrived in Essex in just over 3 hours.  ;D

(Should take around 5)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 06:34:53 AM »
Let's see what Parker's review of this car is, the resident Consumer Reporter on cars here.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 06:41:43 AM »
Let's see what Parker's review of this car is, the resident Consumer Reporter on cars here.

;D

Sad as it seems, as I was driving this thing one of the first thoughts that popped into my mind was "I bet Parker would like this car" No joke  ;D ;D ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 06:43:29 AM »
;D

Sad as it seems, as I was driving this thing one of the first thoughts that popped into my mind was "I bet Parker would like this car" No joke  ;D ;D ;D
Hell yeah I would. I've never driven it, but I've talked to owners of it. There is one guy on here who had a 2010 one.
The black one is sinister.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 06:46:31 AM »
Hell yeah I would. I've never driven it, but I've talked to owners of it. There is one guy on here who had a 2010 one.
The black one is sinister.

Bro, this was a once in a lifetime for me, believe me. As soon as I pull onto the driveway (in my 2.0 TDCI Mondeo!) I see the absolute beast just looking at me! After the 5 mins pleasantries, "How are things etc" I was like "GIVE ME THE KEYS!!!!!"

Cousin was a gem just letting me have 5 minutes in that thing, most I expected was for him to give me a ride himself.

Blown. Away.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 06:48:37 AM »
Very slow to get from A-B in this car however, as everytime I passed a group of pedestrians, I would automatically slow to a stop and LAUNCH  ;D ;D ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 06:53:22 AM »
Bro, this was a once in a lifetime for me, believe me. As soon as I pull onto the driveway (in my 2.0 TDCI Mondeo!) I see the absolute beast just looking at me! After the 5 mins pleasantries, "How are things etc" I was like "GIVE ME THE KEYS!!!!!"

Cousin was a gem just letting me have 5 minutes in that thing, most I expected was for him to give me a ride himself.

Blown. Away.
That's good...check your pms

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 06:54:57 AM »
Parker what's the fastest car you have ever driven, top end speed? I was with friend once he had like a 82 Ford Torino he gets up to 145 mph on the highway fastest I have been. I felt like cops might be tracking us like they did OJ Simpson but got through it.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 07:07:10 AM »
for the money it is the fastest car you can buy.  What's really cool about this car are the brakes.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 07:07:17 AM »
Parker what's the fastest car you have ever driven, top end speed? I was with friend once he had like a 82 Ford Torino he gets up to 145 mph on the highway fastest I have been. I felt like cops might be tracking us like they did OJ Simpson but got through it.
e92 M3, test drove it...I liked the way it handled...felt good. Of course it was a test drive.
I've done an indicated 145 in my car on the highway, which I will never do again.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 07:14:12 AM »
for the money it is the fastest car you can buy.  What's really cool about this car are the brakes.

That's something my cousin mentioned, he loved how you could stop it just as quickly as you could fly in it!

Because the brakes were so responsive, it somehow felt very safe to do stupid stunts in it  :-\ Kept reminding myself that this wasn't xbox!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 07:57:38 AM »
Nissan GT-R is a sweet ride and stand out outthere, but lately, I've developed a deep passion for the Mustang  Shelby GT 500.....I prefer the red color with black stripes.....saw one not too long ago cruising the highway, it's serious....I know GT-R cost about 90k to start with, but for 55k, you'll get a nice package for the mustang

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 08:08:14 AM »
How are the seats when your glutes are striated?Always an important decision in my purchase

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 08:19:35 AM »
Nissan GT-R is a sweet ride and stand out outthere, but lately, I've developed a deep passion for the Mustang  Shelby GT 500.....I prefer the red color with black stripes.....saw one not too long ago cruising the highway, it's serious....I know GT-R cost about 90k to start with, but for 55k, you'll get a nice package for the mustang
There was this older black dude in my gym that had a 2010ish GT500. It was red with white stripes. I posted about him before. He dressed like he was straight out of a Flex Magazine from 1994. And his favorite colors were red and white---red and white striped spandex shorts, red shirt, red and white headband, red and white wrist bands. Red and White socks pulled up to his knees. White with red accent no name high top sneakers. And red earphones, circa 1992.
And any exercise, no matter how little the weight, he would make a loud "Uggggggh!" on each rep.

He was unconscious of how loud he was, he liked loud colors, and liked loud cars.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 08:23:12 AM »
There was this older black dude in my gym that had a 2010ish GT500. It was red with white stripes. I posted about him before. He dressed like he was straight out of a Flex Magazine from 1994. And his favorite colors were red and white---red and white striped spandex shorts, red shirt, red and white headband, red and white wrist bands. Red and White socks pulled up to his knees. White with red accent no name high top sneakers. And red earphones, circa 1992.
And any exercise, no matter how little the weight, he would make a loud "Uggggggh!" on each rep.

He was unconscious of how loud he was, he liked loud colors, and liked loud cars.

LOL........now, that's Hardcore......I wonder what his living room looks like

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 08:30:10 AM »

LOL........now, that's Hardcore......I wonder what his living room looks like
I was thinking that he may have been a Kappa back in the day. As those are their colors. I looked to see if he had a red and white cane in his car...no dice.

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 08:41:10 AM »

supercars and mad russians

ukjeff

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 08:44:45 AM »
some seriously stubby cocks in this thread.

ukjeff

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 08:50:15 AM »
Haven't you learned your lesson posting personal information?
You will be getting told off again.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 08:55:15 AM »
e92 M3, test drove it...I liked the way it handled...felt good. Of course it was a test drive.
I've done an indicated 145 in my car on the highway, which I will never do again.
I did 147 in Convertible BMW 3 series on the highway once- It was its top speed and it wouldn`t go any further, Pedal was all the way to the floor and there was nothing left in it.

I did 175 or so when I had my Lotus with the E3 Chip and Cat Exhaust and was too scared to do any more.

I don`t think I will ever do any of that again.

ukjeff

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 08:59:01 AM »
I dont have to go fast to get anywhere.
When you are important people wait.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2013, 09:01:03 AM »
Haven't you learned your lesson posting personal information?
You will be getting told off again.

Who told me off?

What's the top speed you've had out of that bike?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 09:06:28 AM »

I was recently visiting a Nissan dealer and saw one  on the lot, what I find CRAZY about this car is that its only a 3.8L V6.... but can still output 545 HP!

Props to Nissan for putting that together.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2013, 09:12:20 AM »
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Seriously, I was not expecting this thing to be sooooo quick!

Once it was warmed up, you could activate 'Launch Mode' and go from 0-120 mph in what felt like a few seconds.

I can only compare the feeling to my friends Evo, which gave a bit more G-Force at the beginning of the acceleration.

Beautiful car.

Our Frugal Fitness guy drives a Supercar. 

I love getbig  8)