Author Topic: Fedor Emelianenko wins at +100kg of 2012 Russian Sambo Champions  (Read 9255 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Re: Fedor Emelianenko wins at +100kg of 2012 Russian Sambo Champions
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 01:38:15 AM »
why?.... he dodges ufc to fight in a national contest???

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 01:43:03 AM »
National Sambo-contests are a MUST for Fedor, something the UFC didn't approve of during earlier negotiations.

Fedor wanted to be able to do both.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 01:44:45 AM »
He has done that contest for over ten years obviously means a lot to him... Nice punch btw.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 02:04:01 AM »

Fighters face a very difficult dilema:

- If they don't join the UFC, they are cowards who don't want to "fight the best".

- If they join the UFC, they lose their freedom to do whatever they want, get paid pennies and become Dana White's bitch.

Tough call. Fedor chose the first option, even though he knew it would earn him a storm of shit from Zuffa zombies and TUF noobs about how he is "afraid" to fight the "best". Never mind that Fedor fought nothing but top 5 HW for 6 years from 2002 to 2008, and also never mind that the UFC's HW division until a few months ago sucked dick.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 02:19:57 AM »
Fedor has ALWAYS been passionate about Sambo its in his blood literally, its always a certainty people will "jump" off the wagon once a wheel gets loose....Fedor is one of the greatest Mixed Martial artists ever, whatever he chooses to do these days is his right too hes earned that right. btw.....still looking sharp for the most part with the Defense and punch's are still Quick.   

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 08:43:51 AM »
Looking like a beast. Would love to see him make a comeback.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 09:00:25 AM »
Looking like a beast. Would love to see him make a comeback.

The more I think about it, the more I think Fedor's problems is not that he lost his technique, which is still superb on a level above even Anderson Silva and other fighters, but that he lost strength and reflexes.

Back in PRIDE, Fedor would not have been caught in that triangle from Werdum because his reaction time was so fast, and if he were, he would power out of it with no problem, and he would never have been taken down by a guy as slow as Big Foot Silva. And can you see Hendo knocking Fedor out in PRIDE? Hendo never fought as a HW back in PRIDE for a reason, and that reason is Fedor.

Fedor can regain his strength by doing a lot of heavy dips, deadlifts and military presses with heavy weights for few reps, but I am not sure he can regain his reaction time which made him so great at capitalizing on his opponents mistakes.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 09:50:12 AM »
  The more I think about it, the more I think Fedor's problems is not that he lost his technique, which is still superb on a level above even Anderson Silva and other fighters, but that he lost strength and reflexes.

Back in PRIDE, Fedor would not have been caught in that triangle from Werdum because his reaction time was so fast, and if he were, he would power out of it with no problem, and he would never have been taken down by a guy as slow as Big Foot Silva. And can you see Hendo knocking Fedor out in PRIDE? Hendo never fought as a HW back in PRIDE for a reason, and that reason is Fedor.

Fedor can regain his strength by doing a lot of heavy dips, deadlifts and military presses with heavy weights for few reps, but I am not sure he can regain his reaction time which made him so great at capitalizing on his opponents mistakes.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Good points. Fedor had crazy retard strength and cat like reflexes.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 09:51:38 AM »
Good points. Fedor had crazy retard strength and cat like reflexes.

Yeah, I have come to the conclusion that his problem is that he lost his explosiveness and reflexes. It is basically an issue of speed and timing and not of skills, which are still superb.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 04:26:05 PM »
Fedor's problem is that he has simply aged and is in decline. It is harsh to judge him against the standard he set in his prime as nobody, from 135 - 265+lbs will ever match it. He is as close to the perfect fighting machine as we will ever see, 1 man that could stand infront of a foe that was ordinarily deemed too skilled in his discipline, too strong or too large to overcome and destroy them. Not just beat them but utterly dismantle them. His thrashings would heal physically but for someone to truly believe they were that good etc and be overwhelmingly humbled is something that they will never overcome mentally. I have had a few too many beers tonight and apologise profusely if i seem to be ranting, but simply put Fedor is the greatest fighter in documented history.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 08:25:27 PM »
Fedor's problem is that he has simply aged and is in decline. It is harsh to judge him against the standard he set in his prime as nobody, from 135 - 265+lbs will ever match it. He is as close to the perfect fighting machine as we will ever see, 1 man that could stand infront of a foe that was ordinarily deemed too skilled in his discipline, too strong or too large to overcome and destroy them. Not just beat them but utterly dismantle them. His thrashings would heal physically but for someone to truly believe they were that good etc and be overwhelmingly humbled is something that they will never overcome mentally. I have had a few too many beers tonight and apologise profusely if i seem to be ranting, but simply put Fedor is the greatest fighter in documented history.

wow, I agree 100%.

Even in defeat, Fedor was magnanimous...

He did answer the bell for the third round after getting smashed by a man 65 lbs heavier than him even though he couldn't see with one eye and his skull was slit open.

He did answer the bell for the third round...

Wow, this guy was so great that he could made a defeat seem like a victory...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 06:43:18 PM »
sick single leg reversal and uppercut!
CROM!!