Author Topic: Marijuana, it's not as harmless as you think  (Read 13763 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Marijuana, it's not as harmless as you think
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2015, 05:39:13 PM »
Wiggs reminding me of Tbombz in this thread. Does harmful activity, getbiggers advise against it, suffers negative serious consequence, eventually quits negative behavior, lectures others on the negative bahavior.

Bingo.
X

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2015, 06:26:21 PM »
How many super fans of pot do you know that have that slurred speech syndrome? I think it's brain damage.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2015, 06:36:14 PM »
No need to rehash my past relationship with this plant.
What I can say is that anyone that believes, "it's just weed", is misinformed.  

Outside of myself, I've consistently seen people believe they weren't addicted to smoking this plant. Then when they come off for whatever reasons, they go through hell in withdrawal. Insomnia,  irritability,  mood swings, nightmares, vivid dreams, hot and cold sweats, depression and anxiety.  All of these are very real symptoms.  

I'm not against marijuana the plant. I'm against all these hybrid strains and I'm against it being smoked. (not meant to be)
It may start innocent but over time, if you're not careful, it will grow to be a part of you if you lean on it too much and it inevitably does for many. It's hell coming off when you've been on long term.

It's not an opioid or alcohol withdrawal. It's in its own class and needs to be respected.  

Please let my experiences serve as a warning.

I would probably join the chorus unless I knew someone it personally affected. My friend smoked a lot when younger (16 or so) and it affected him psychologically. He now has paranoid schizophrenia as a result (probably rare and due to him taking it when younger) but it did make me think differently about it. Never smoke it so don't care but yeah, anything can hurt.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2015, 06:54:26 PM »
Allow me to translate:

Failed a urinalysis.

I'll believe you when you abandon your idiotic claims of being Jewish and that God/Jesus are black and some planetoid of blackness is going to teach us all a lesson in Hebronics.

'n' sheit.

In other words (small words too), you grow up and take control of yourself and make something other than a fool of same.  It's nigh on doubtless that you will most likely not respond to my words and this in spite of their being easy to read and understand, high or not.  Why?

Because you are a child.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2015, 07:10:24 PM »
Hebronics!!

Classic!

I'm stealing that shit, Scott!! Hooked on Hebronics!

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2015, 07:15:44 PM »
Hebronics!!

Classic!

I'm stealing that shit, Scott!! Hooked on Hebronics!

Feel free, brother!   ;D 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2015, 07:32:29 PM »
How much of the population smoke weed? 50-70%?

I know a lot of weed smokers and most of them love it.

Lol, fuck no. I doubt it's even 20.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2015, 09:20:16 PM »
Adult pot smokers are always scummy blue collar types with duct tape somewhere on their car.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2015, 09:47:06 PM »
Adult pot smokers are always scummy blue collar types with duct tape somewhere on their car.

LOL!

You guys should try baking with it. Just adding some to pilsburry cookie dough mix, then baking it, really get you messed up. Takes a good 2hrs to kick in, lasts 4-6.

Ganja butter is the best way to do it, but too much prep work for me.

It's so cool it's going to be legal now in Canada!!!
?

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2015, 02:44:33 AM »
Wow. How much of a pussy do you intend on being? So weak you can't even handle weed. Get the fuck outta here.

Marijuana withdrawals. My fucking God. You probably shouldn't do anything but knit and wash dishes you fuckin twat.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2015, 03:26:20 AM »
And who'd want that, when you have the latest and most ptent version from the makers of Maxwell Coffee, etc? People pay for bottled water. And now the Chinese are paying for bottled air. You can grow tomatoes at home, but people still go to the grocery store and pay for tomatoes, as well as greens, apples, etc.
i agree. People have not really thought of the spiraling implications.

well if you know anything about marijauna the scenario you posit is impossible. What new potent strains are you not aware of what is currently available? dabs, shatter contain more THC then any strain could ever produce. New strains are more medicinal as they have high levels of cannabidiol and cannabidivarin.

The inverse of your scenario is far worse adn we are living it, how can't you see that? there are people who's lives have been ruined over this plant, it's needs to be legal, whether you or others fall for consumerism has no bearing on it's legality or utility.

It's a plant, again you need to be a botanist or geneticist to breed the strains, it's not like they are building it in a lab, it's horticulture per se.

You could make strains with higher THC, it won't be helpful, spice and alternatives are full agonists at the CB1 RECEPTOR, can't get more potent then that yet no major corps are jumping in? cannabis or THC is a partial agonist.

The arguments for schziophrenia are incorrect as well, it does not increase risk in those with no familial history, stop spreading this bullshit. Wiggs, just stop talking, you abused it and are a loser. I called it, I said weed shows you the truth, it is like truth serum, you can't handle your reality, hence the planet nonsense etc. I smoke  everyday (no kidding),mulitiple times in fact and am a professional, run my own business and have a family, wiggs, it's not the weed brother, it's YOU.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2015, 03:33:31 AM »

V

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2015, 03:36:05 AM »
Weed and sex, excellent combo!
This is true.. good when you shoot your fat.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2015, 03:39:08 AM »
Wow. How much of a pussy do you intend on being? So weak you can't even handle weed. Get the fuck outta here.

Marijuana withdrawals. My fucking God. You probably shouldn't do anything but knit and wash dishes you fuckin twat.

LOL.

its real, on vakay so will litter the board with info only 1% of the board cares to read. It's not sad to have withdrawal it's sad that you get there.

MJ withdrawal is real, I agree he is a pussy. It only happens in cases of frank abuse, we do have an endocannabionoid system (anandamide is the ligand, like endorphins to the opiate system), the withdrawal is like a weak opiate and alcohol withdrawal.

lit

Drug Alcohol Depend. 2014 Oct 1;143:189-97. doi: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2014.07.027. Epub 2014 Aug 1.
Abstinence phenomena of chronic cannabis-addicts prospectively monitored during controlled inpatient detoxification: cannabis withdrawal syndrome and its correlation with delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol and -metabolites in serum.
Bonnet U1, Specka M2, Stratmann U3, Ochwadt R4, Scherbaum N2.
Author information
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
To investigate the course of cannabis withdrawal syndrome (CWS) within a controlled inpatient detoxification setting and to correlate severity of CWS with the serum-levels of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and its main metabolites 11-hydroxy-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC-OH) and 11-nor-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid (THC-COOH).
METHODS:
Thirty-nine treatment-seeking chronic cannabis dependents (ICD-10) were studied on admission and on abstinent days 2, 4, 8 and 16, using a CWS-checklist (MWC) and the Clinical Global Impression-Severity scale (CGI-S). Simultaneously obtained serum was analysed to its concentration of THC, THC-OH and THC-COOH.
RESULTS:
MWC peaked on day 4 (10.4 ± 4.6 from 39 points) and declined to 2.9 ± 2.4 points on day 16. Women had a significantly stronger CWS than men. The CWS was dominated by craving>restlessness>nervousness>sleeplessness. CGI-S peaked with 5 out of 7 points. On admission, THC and its metabolites did negatively correlate with the severity of CWS. There was no significant correlation afterwards, no matter if CWS was medicated or not. THC-OH in serum declined most rapidly below detection limit, on median at day 4. At abstinence day 16, the THC-levels of 28.2% of the patients were still above 1g/ml (range: 1.3 to 6.4 ng/ml).
CONCLUSIONS:
CWS increased and then decreased without any correlation between its severity and the serum-levels of THC or its main metabolites after admission. According to the CGI-S, most patients achieved the condition of 'markedly ill'. Serum THC-OH was most clearly associated with recent cannabis use. Residual THC was found in the serum of almost one-third of the patients at abstinence day 16.
Copyright © 2014 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.

Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2015 Jun;97(6):571-4. doi: 10.1002/cpt.109. Epub 2015 Apr 17.
Cannabinoid replacement therapy (CRT): Nabiximols (Sativex) as a novel treatment for cannabis withdrawal.
Allsop DJ1,2, Lintzeris N2,3, Copeland J4, Dunlop A5,6, McGregor IS1.
Author information
Abstract
Cannabis is a common recreational drug that is generally considered to have low addictive potential. However, an increasing number of cannabis users are seeking treatment for dependence on the drug. There is interest in using agonist (substitution) pharmacotherapies to treat cannabis dependence and here we outline a novel approach involving a buccal spray (nabiximols) that contains tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). We review recent research with nabiximols and highlight findings relevant to clinical practice.
© 2015 American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2015, 03:41:23 AM »
How many super fans of pot do you know that have that slurred speech syndrome? I think it's brain damage.

it protects the brain, not the other way around. Those people are stupid, likely because you interact with them, it's a safe assumption. The US has a patent for CANNABIS and NEUROPROTECTION. everything you think you know is a lie, seriously, and it;s clear as day.

Expert Rev Neurother. 2014 Dec;14(12):1453-65. doi: 10.1586/14737175.2014.985209.
Medical marijuana in neurology.
Benbadis SR1, Sanchez-Ramos J, Bozorg A, Giarratano M, Kalidas K, Katzin L, Robertson D, Vu T, Smith A, Zesiewicz T.
Author information
Abstract
Constituents of the Cannabis plant, cannabinoids, may be of therapeutic value in neurologic diseases. The most abundant cannabinoids are Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol, which possesses psychoactive properties, and cannabidiol, which has no intrinsic psychoactive effects, but exhibits neuroprotective properties in preclinical studies. A small number of high-quality clinical trials support the safety and efficacy of cannabinoids for treatment of spasticity of multiple sclerosis, pain refractory to opioids, glaucoma, nausea and vomiting. Lower level clinical evidence indicates that cannabinoids may be useful for dystonia, tics, tremors, epilepsy, migraine and weight loss. Data are also limited in regards to adverse events and safety. Common nonspecific adverse events are similar to those of other CNS 'depressants' and include weakness, mood changes and dizziness. Cannabinoids can have cardiovascular adverse events and, when smoked chronically, may affect pulmonary function. Fatalities are rare even with recreational use. There is a concern about psychological dependence, but physical dependence is less well documented. Cannabis preparations may presently offer an option for compassionate use in severe neurologic diseases, but at this point, only when standard-of-care therapy is ineffective. As more high-quality clinical data are gathered, the therapeutic application of cannabinoids will likely expand.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2015, 03:47:51 AM »

Lets be real here hes an exception. I dont know any successful person who is a heavy pot smoker. I know pot smokers who are pretty smart but the constant intoxication makes them too lazy to achieve anything.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2015, 04:11:17 AM »
Lets be real here hes an exception. I dont know any successful person who is a heavy pot smoker. I know pot smokers who are pretty smart but the constant intoxication makes them too lazy to achieve anything.

And as a younger man I did many a labour intensive job, constant hard physical labour.  I could have never done this without the aid of heavy marijuana use.

Those who are lazy on weed and most likely just lazy people by nature.
V

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2015, 04:15:45 AM »

And as a younger man I did many a labour intensive job, hard physical constant labour.  I could have never done this without the aid of heavy marijuana use.

so are you bill maher?
a

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2015, 04:18:03 AM »
so are you bill maher?
The quote is referring to me, I just posted the pic to highlight another successful pothead.  There are tons of them, I have know many potheads who have done really well for themselves.  I would say some have only succeeded because of their pot use, it has normalised them, leveled them out, made them stress less and able to cope more effectively.

I have never had an issue coming off pot, even after years of daily use.  I used to mix tobacco with it, and it was always tobacco I had a problem stopping, but never pot.
V

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2015, 04:19:26 AM »
The quote is referring to me, I just posted the pic to highlight another sucessful pothead.  There are tons of them, I have know many pitheads who have done really well for themselves.  I would say some have only succeeded because of their pot use, it has normalised them, leveled them out, made them stress less and able to cope more effectively.

lol, I'm gonna have a mental picture of you as Bill Maher from now on.  :D
a

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2015, 04:23:33 AM »
V

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2015, 04:42:54 AM »

And as a younger man I did many a labour intensive job, constant hard physical labour.  I could have never done this without the aid of heavy marijuana use.

Ah,Bill Maher, the passive-aggressive racist liberal.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2015, 08:46:24 AM »
Weed and sex, excellent combo!
Yeah Budddy.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2015, 10:52:31 AM »
Weed is amazing! Simply amazing!

Brass Balls

• Getbig II
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2015, 05:42:31 PM »
Weed is disgusting and it stinks. I'd rather inject some tren brewed in a bathtub from some chinaman.