Author Topic: Season Finale of Sons of Anarchy  (Read 67996 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Season-Finale of Sons of Anarchy
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2015, 05:55:28 AM »
lol hope it's good I need a new series to watch!

Mr. Robot
Hannibal
Banshee
Y

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2015, 06:07:13 AM »
©

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2015, 06:32:44 AM »
Mr. Robot
Hannibal
Banshee

Tried Banshee but couldn't get into it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2015, 06:33:27 AM »

It was alright, once you accept it as more of an action comic book.

Mr. Robot is far better.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2015, 06:55:12 AM »
It was alright, once you accept it as more of an action comic book.

Mr. Robot is far better.

My hope is riding on "The Last Kingdom" starting on Oct 10 on BBC America.
It's based on the Saxon Series books by Bernard Cornwell.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Re: Season Finale of Sons of Anarchy
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2015, 07:00:09 AM »
you can not beat this scene.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2015, 08:06:43 AM »

Banshee gets better the more eps you watch.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2016, 04:45:35 PM »
i watched banshee and it really grew on me, then i watched the shield. Towards the last couple of seasons of the shield i went back to re-watch banshee with the mrs and some of it is painfully slow, dull and quiet in comparison, i still look forward to the last season but realise how much better a show the shield was overall.

Banshee gets better the more eps you watch.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2016, 05:45:54 PM »
i watched banshee and it really grew on me, then i watched the shield. Towards the last couple of seasons of the shield i went back to re-watch banshee with the mrs and some of it is painfully slow, dull and quiet in comparison, i still look forward to the last season but realise how much better a show the shield was overall.

I, and many I know, consider The Shield to be the greatest series ever.  7 seasons, not one bad episode, a great pilot, and finale......perfect.
Y

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2016, 01:26:45 AM »
I agree, and I'm glad I never watched it week to week back in the day, I hate waiting a week for episodes,when a series is that good I want to be able to watch at will.
Find it funny how Vic Mackey despite being the real bad guy of the series had the audience rooting for him. Chiklis said that Forest Whittaker used to get abuse in the street from viewers telling him to leave Mackey alone.
I was gutted when it finished but think it was wrapped up at the right time.
I read that Vic Mackey popped up in SOA using an alias name Milo. They intended it to be him, apparently the 2 shows are set in the same universe and the 2 main gangs in the shield are used in SOA too.
Would love to see a shield catch up series, lots of good characters to catch up on

I, and many I know, consider The Shield to be the greatest series ever.  7 seasons, not one bad episode, a great pilot, and finale......perfect.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2016, 05:58:49 AM »
I agree, and I'm glad I never watched it week to week back in the day, I hate waiting a week for episodes,when a series is that good I want to be able to watch at will.
Find it funny how Vic Mackey despite being the real bad guy of the series had the audience rooting for him. Chiklis said that Forest Whittaker used to get abuse in the street from viewers telling him to leave Mackey alone.
I was gutted when it finished but think it was wrapped up at the right time.
I read that Vic Mackey popped up in SOA using an alias name Milo. They intended it to be him, apparently the 2 shows are set in the same universe and the 2 main gangs in the shield are used in SOA too.
Would love to see a shield catch up series, lots of good characters to catch up on

I binged watched it too.  Agree on rooting for Mackey - he's an anti-hero - similar to Don Draper from Mad Men.  Vile people when you think about it, but you still want them to succeed.

As for the SOA appearance, having Shield cast members on the show was a reoccurring theme.  Dutch, Shane, Lem, etc all made appearances throughout, and we all speculated why Vic never showed up.  But he did in the finale, which was incredibly cool.

You should try the series Justified.  Shane is a main character, and he's so good, you forget he was Shane.
Y

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2016, 07:14:07 AM »
Is mad men actually good, I think it's just listed as drama on imdb so not appealed to me. I've watched 2 episodes of justified, really want to like it as I like olyphant etc but it's not grabbed me, does it take a little while to get going?
Chiklis could do with losing fair amount of pounds these days, far cry from his Vic days

I binged watched it too.  Agree on rooting for Mackey - he's an anti-hero - similar to Don Draper from Mad Men.  Vile people when you think about it, but you still want them to succeed.

As for the SOA appearance, having Shield cast members on the show was a reoccurring theme.  Dutch, Shane, Lem, etc all made appearances throughout, and we all speculated why Vic never showed up.  But he did in the finale, which was incredibly cool.

You should try the series Justified.  Shane is a main character, and he's so good, you forget he was Shane.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2016, 08:24:24 AM »
Is mad men actually good, I think it's just listed as drama on imdb so not appealed to me. I've watched 2 episodes of justified, really want to like it as I like olyphant etc but it's not grabbed me, does it take a little while to get going?
Chiklis could do with losing fair amount of pounds these days, far cry from his Vic days

In justified, i was grabbed by the opening scene where he shot the guy he told to leave town, so I may not be the best judge of that.  Maybe Calvin can weigh in -  I can tell you the first and last seasons were epic.

Mad Men worked for me because I worked in advertising, but some may find it slow.  It's very well written and acted, though.
Y

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2016, 10:33:33 AM »
Is there fight scenes, like does olyphant get his hands dirty, I like a bit of gunplay but always good to have physical confrontation too.

In justified, i was grabbed by the opening scene where he shot the guy he told to leave town, so I may not be the best judge of that.  Maybe Calvin can weigh in -  I can tell you the first and last seasons were epic.

Mad Men worked for me because I worked in advertising, but some may find it slow.  It's very well written and acted, though.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2016, 07:21:07 AM »
Is there fight scenes, like does olyphant get his hands dirty, I like a bit of gunplay but always good to have physical confrontation too.

Plenty of confrontation, various formats.
Y

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2016, 08:40:09 AM »
ok, cheers for the info
Plenty of confrontation, various formats.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2016, 09:24:48 AM »
ok, cheers for the info

The whole crux of the show is one on one confrontations with clever dialogue, and Rayland getting the upper hand.
Y