Author Topic: Election 2016  (Read 169605 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Election 2016
« Reply #275 on: June 14, 2016, 04:08:32 PM »
 :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #276 on: June 16, 2016, 01:28:16 PM »
Do you really expect any politician to deliver on his/her promises?  

I'm voting for Gary Johnson.  

One can hope....

Any particular reason you're voting for him?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: June 16, 2016, 02:12:49 PM »
One can hope....

Any particular reason you're voting for him?

Because I refuse to vote for Hillary or Trump and I agree with Gary Johnson on several issues.  Also, he doesn't have integrity problems like Hillary or Trump.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: June 16, 2016, 02:15:09 PM »
Because I refuse to vote for Hillary or Trump and I agree with Gary Johnson on several issues.  Also, he doesn't have integrity problems like Hillary or Trump.

Hillary Clinton loves people with your type of rationale.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: June 16, 2016, 02:16:34 PM »
Hillary Clinton loves people with your type of rationale.

I don't care.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: June 16, 2016, 02:18:48 PM »
Warren Top VP Pick for Clinton Supporters, Gingrich for Trump

Image: Warren Top VP Pick for Clinton Supporters, Gingrich for Trump  (AP)
Thursday, 16 Jun 2016

More than a third of likely voters backing Democrat Hillary Clinton in the latest Bloomberg Politics national poll say she should pick Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, a darling of the party’s liberal wing, as her running mate.

On the Republican side, almost a third of likely voters supporting Donald Trump say former House Speaker Newt Gingrich would be his best pick. Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, a man the presumptive GOP nominee has often referred to as “Little Marco,” is selected by about a quarter of Trump’s backers, making him the second most popular pick among seven widely mentioned names.

Warren received support from 35 percent of Clinton’s supporters in the poll. Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey and U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro are the only two other Democratic names to break into double-digits among six tested.

Read the questions and methodology here.

Likely voters of all political stripes are split on whether the U.S. is ready to elect two women as president and vice president, with 46 percent saying yes and 48 percent saying no.

Men and women look at the question differently, and not in a way that might be expected, the poll shows. A majority of men, 55 percent, say the nation is ready to elect two women to the nation’s top jobs. It’s women who are skeptical, with a majority of 59 percent saying that the nation isn’t ready.

While neither presumptive nominee is expected to pick their running mate until closer to next month’s national conventions, the parlor-game speculation is already intensifying.

After Gingrich and Rubio, John Kasich is the next most popular choice for a running mate among those backing Trump, with 18 percent selecting the Ohio governor.

In an effort to measure whether other business types have the prominence to ever mount a campaign like Trump’s using their ties to commerce as a springboard, Bloomberg Politics polled the popularity of four technology-company leaders who have all had higher national profiles. The results showed that most of them aren’t that well known.

The least familiar among the four is Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook’s chief operating officer. Almost two-thirds of Americans didn’t give an opinion about her, while 20 percent said they viewed her favorably and 15 percent unfavorably.

Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s CEO, is the best known among those tested, with just 37 percent giving no opinion. He’s viewed favorably by 40 percent and unfavorably by 23 percent.

Fifty-five percent of Americans said they don’t know enough about Elon Musk, chief executive of Tesla Motors and SpaceX, to form an opinion. Among those that did give one, 37 percent said they view him favorably and 8 percent negatively.

Mark Cuban, a technology entrepreneur and owner of the Dallas Mavericks basketball team, is viewed favorably by 37 percent of Americans and unfavorably by 16 percent. Nearly half, 47 percent, said they didn’t know enough about him to form an opinion.

The poll, conducted Friday through Monday, included 1,000 adults and has a margin or error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points. The questions on vice-presidential candidates were answered by 333 Trump supporters and 332 Clinton supporters and both have a margin of error of plus or minus 5.4 percentage points. The survey was directed by Selzer & Co. of West Des Moines, Iowa.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/VP-Warren-Gingrich-Clinton/2016/06/16/id/734121/#ixzz4BmOF2Ikp

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: June 16, 2016, 02:46:03 PM »
I don't care.

Gary Johnson is going to be a warrior in combating Radical Islamic Terrorism.

Try saying that with a straight face.

Hillary is a vile, disgusting, corrupt human being and even she is more equipped to face the realities of terrorism versus "do nothing" Gary Johnson.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #282 on: June 16, 2016, 02:47:03 PM »
Gingrich.... the man who screamed about Clinton's integrity for cheating, while he was banging his own secretary while the sick wife sat at home...

yeah, perfect fit for Trump.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: June 16, 2016, 02:49:22 PM »
Gary Johnson

He will cut military spending.   That'll be a hard sell for those chickenhawk getbiggers that are okay with another 20 Trillion in borrowing over the next 8 years because we need a bigger war dick.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: June 16, 2016, 02:50:44 PM »
Gary Johnson is going to be a warrior in combating Radical Islamic Terrorism.

Trying saying that with a straight face.

Hillary is a vile, disgusting, corrupt human being and even she is more equipped to face the realities of terrorism versus "do nothing" Gary Johnson.

I can say that with a straight face a lot more than I can say "President Trump" or "President Hillary."  Gary Johnson isn't going to win.  We are going to be stuck with Trump or Hillary.  They are both horrible.  Our country is screwed.  Good luck defending either of those terds.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: June 16, 2016, 02:53:38 PM »
I can say that with a straight face a lot more than I can say "President Trump" or "President Hillary."  Gary Johnson isn't going to win.  We are going to be stuck with Trump or Hillary.  They are both horrible.  Our country is screwed.  Good luck defending either of those terds. 

I still think the RNC is going to change their rules and release the delegates before vote 1. 

Trump is driving the party into the ground.  There's still time for Ryan/Cruz or some other combo to save the party.  Donations will be late, but they'll come strong. 

Trump is refusing to do donor calls - he's now hurting senate and congressional races in a big way.   Many of them won't even talk about Trump anymore.   They're WAY too smart to settle for another 8 years of obama-style governance.   

Trump gets bounced at the convention - at this point, I think it has to happen.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: June 16, 2016, 03:12:26 PM »
....I agree with Gary Johnson on several issues.  Also, he doesn't have integrity problems like Hillary or Trump.

This is refreshing if true. It is also possible no one has bothered to scrutinize Johnson to the degree they have Hillary and Trump, because he isn't a viable candidate yet. -wonder how the general public will react to his former association with marijuana?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: June 16, 2016, 03:21:13 PM »
This is refreshing if true. It is also possible no one has bothered to scrutinize Johnson to the degree they have Hillary and Trump, because he isn't a viable candidate yet. -wonder how the general public will react to his former association with marijuana?   

i think people are cool with that.   he was CEO or satvia or something, right?   on the board? 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: June 16, 2016, 03:35:30 PM »
I can say that with a straight face a lot more than I can say "President Trump" or "President Hillary."  Gary Johnson isn't going to win.  We are going to be stuck with Trump or Hillary.  They are both horrible.  Our country is screwed.  Good luck defending either of those terds.  

Gary Johnson has some decent ideas but his 1776 ideology is not equipped to face the realities of 2016 Radical Islamic Terrorism.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: June 16, 2016, 03:45:17 PM »
Gary Johnson has some decent ideas but his 1776 ideology is not equipped to face the realities of 2016 Radical Islamic Terrorism.

IMHO, this is one of the mistakes people make when it comes to libertarians.  They think they're wimps, afraid of war, afraid of bad guys.   Libertarians are all about executing the fck out of anyone threatening them, and then coming home and no longer wasting trillions of dollars playing world police.   Libertarians will open up gun ownership/carrying so the next ORL shooter is dropped about 10 seconds into it.  And libertarians will finish off the bad guys overseas because they threaten our life, liberty, freedoms. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: June 16, 2016, 03:53:24 PM »

He was governor of New Mexico, so he has been vetted somewhat.  I don't think people care about reformed pot heads. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: June 16, 2016, 03:53:57 PM »

So let's instead support the "ban all Muslims" guy.  Great. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: June 16, 2016, 03:54:13 PM »
Libertarians aren't serious about enforcing immigration laws.

Paul Ryan has come on record as not being serious about enforcing immigration laws as recently as within the past week.

The GOP and Libertarian party are completely delusional if they think they can win nationwide elections with this stance.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: June 16, 2016, 03:56:37 PM »
Libertarians aren't serious about enforcing immigration laws.

most would agree trump isn't either.

He is just as serious about a wall, as he is about manually pulling all the illegals from their homes, and sending them back.  ANd he's said it's 34 million.   Not 11 as most people estimate.

He's going to send 11 or 12% of the US population to live somewhere else.   

I'd say that proposal isn't serious either.

OR I can beat your argument another way.   In July 2015, Trump said the "good illegals" can stay. 

So either way - Trump isn't serious about stopping the illegals.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: June 16, 2016, 04:02:16 PM »
most would agree trump isn't either.

He is just as serious about a wall, as he is about manually pulling all the illegals from their homes, and sending them back.  ANd he's said it's 34 million.   Not 11 as most people estimate.

He's going to send 11 or 12% of the US population to live somewhere else.   

I'd say that proposal isn't serious either.

OR I can beat your argument another way.   In July 2015, Trump said the "good illegals" can stay. 

So either way - Trump isn't serious about stopping the illegals.

You try to pass yourself as this ultra hardcore troll... er.... i mean right winger.

Tell me why you support Gary Johnson and his policies. Particularly his stance on combating Radical Islamic Terrorism and decreasing rampant illegal immigration.

Give me an argument FOR Gary Johnson. Not another generic anti-Trump diatribe.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: June 16, 2016, 04:22:13 PM »
Give me an argument FOR Gary Johnson. Not another generic anti-Trump diatribe.

Johnson will reduce military spending by over 40%.    This will greatly reduce our spending and maybe just keep the nation out of bankruptcy.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: June 16, 2016, 04:30:37 PM »

Johnson will reduce military spending by over 40%.    This will greatly reduce our spending and maybe just keep the nation out of bankruptcy.

I knew I was wasting my time.

Didn't even answer the question.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: June 16, 2016, 04:49:17 PM »
Islamic Terrorists want to murder people in the United States and I've yet to see a single argument to how Gary Johnson and his platform is going to do a damn thing to combat this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: June 16, 2016, 05:42:21 PM »
I knew I was wasting my time.

Didn't even answer the question.

You asked for an argument FOR johnson.   He'll save us from bankruptcy.   I'd say that's a great argument.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: June 17, 2016, 01:19:04 PM »
Islamic Terrorists want to murder people in the United States and I've yet to see a single argument to how Gary Johnson and his platform is going to do a damn thing to combat this.

I don't see anything in the Libertarian Party platform that talks about the war on terror.  Also, the Republican Party platform criticizes the Obama approach, but I didn't see anything that laid out the plan you are talking about to combat Radical Islam.  I didn't bother to check the Democrat Party platform.