Author Topic: Arm Barn  (Read 1932 times)

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
Arm Barn
« on: October 29, 2021, 09:33:44 PM »
PETA is demanding major league baseball change the name of the bullpen to "arm barn...... saying the term bullpen is offensive to bulls
this is a real story, not made up
"

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: Arm Barn
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 09:41:36 PM »
PETA is demanding major league baseball change the name of the bullpen to "arm barn...... saying the term bullpen is offensive to bulls

What is the source? This sounds like an article from the onion.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 09:55:17 PM »
Unfuckingbelievable.....what a pussified world this has become.

DONT OFFEND ME PLEASE !

KUNTZ!

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 09:59:45 PM »
"

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 04:46:53 AM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 04:59:52 AM »
You can't make this stuff up.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 05:02:45 AM »
Can we still cal black pepper.....black pepper ???

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2021, 05:20:47 AM »
To be honest, I don't mind it. You have to pick your battles, and there's far more important ones for them to fight on behalf of animals, so it's a bit silly, but at least the sentiment is there. They didn't say it offends cows - that's obviously media spin designed to ridicule - they said it 'mocks the misery of animals.' And, in fairness, it was only a tweet.

Bullfighting is possibly one of the most evil things to exist in this world, so if it raises awareness and gets people to pay attention to the reality of it then that's great. Maybe one day it will be banned everywhere.

On a similar note, when I hear boxers and commentators make metaphorical use of dogfighting terminology, I want to kill them. The two should never be conflated.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2021, 05:25:48 AM »
Can we still cal black pepper.....black pepper ???

Yes, but you must always capitalize the word "Black".  In contrast, "white" must always be lower case and come after "Black".  And never, ever forget...DEF2YT!

I loathe Social JustUs Warriors.  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2021, 05:28:35 AM »
To be honest, I don't mind it. You have to pick your battles, and there's far more important ones for them to fight on behalf of animals, so it's a bit silly, but at least the sentiment is there. They didn't say it offends cows - that's obviously media spin designed to ridicule - they said it 'mocks the misery of animals.' And, in fairness, it was only a tweet.

Bullfighting is possibly one of the most evil things to exist in this world, so if it raises awareness and gets people to pay attention to the reality of it then that's great. Maybe one day it will be banned everywhere.

On a similar note, when I hear boxers and commentators make metaphorical use of dogfighting terminology, I want to kill them. The two should never be conflated.

The term "bullpen" has nothing to do with bullfighting.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2021, 05:35:12 AM »
The term "bullpen" has nothing to do with bullfighting.

It does. Bullpens are often called 'corrales' or 'torils', but they're bullpens all the same. I get that in this tweet they're referring to the general slaughter of bulls (I think), but still, the running of the bulls events, bullfighting, and general factory farming of cows is all torture. Yes, it is a bit silly, but some good may come of it if it leads to debate. Most people are appalled by animal cruelty yet fail to examine their own roles in it.

https://second.wiki/wiki/toril_tauromaquia

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2021, 06:04:21 AM »
I saw this last night somewhere. Unfucking real. This world needs a meteor to hit us fast.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2021, 06:17:50 AM »
 ::) Laugh out loud at someone that would be offended by a baseball bull pen.  Liberals are off the hook insane. This is what our country is concerned about?  Our country is getting weaker by the day.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2021, 06:40:04 AM »
You have noodles anyway what do you care

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2021, 11:20:24 AM »
Sometimes I wish Covid was really a pandemic.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2021, 11:25:15 AM »

Hmmm... wonder why they didn't go after 'bullshit' first?  It's certainly more 'offensive'...
T

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2021, 02:41:04 AM »

PETA "demands" stuff like this all the time.  Fortunately, they are generally either ridiculed for these demands, or their pleas are ignored the way I ignore any woman not making me a sandwich.
~

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2021, 03:23:57 AM »
PETA "demands" stuff like this all the time.  Fortunately, they are generally either ridiculed for these demands, or their pleas are ignored the way I ignore any woman not making me a sandwich.
:D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2021, 11:12:17 AM »
Yeah. I don't respect anyone who doesn't eat meat.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2021, 11:14:26 AM »

Stay out my American sports, foreigner.
Y

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2021, 11:22:37 AM »
I don't really give a fuck what PETA wants.  If these lefty activists have proven anything it that caving in to their demands only breeds more demands.

I have a strict policy of zero capitulation to activists making demands.  You get nothing.  Why?  Because I said so, fuck you.

Baseball sucks now anyway.  We'd all be better off if the pro sports leagues went out of business.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2021, 11:31:45 AM »
I don't really give a fuck what PETA wants.  If these lefty activists have proven anything it that caving in to their demands only breeds more demands.

I have a strict policy of zero capitulation to activists making demands.  You get nothing.  Why?  Because I said so, fuck you.

Baseball sucks now anyway.  We'd all be better off if the pro sports leagues went out of business.
I agree, never give an inch to their demands. It only shows weakness.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2021, 11:44:03 AM »
Stay out my American sports, foreigner.

Haha, your baseball is safe with me - I wouldn't want it changed. I just despise unnecessary animal cruelty, so if I have to take the occasional slagging for hoping there's possible small benefits from stupid tweets like these, it's all good!  :D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2021, 12:39:14 PM »
Haha, your baseball is safe with me - I wouldn't want it changed. I just despise unnecessary animal cruelty, so if I have to take the occasional slagging for hoping there's possible small benefits from stupid tweets like these, it's all good!  :D

All good, but I hereby penalize you with a 10 mile ruck.

But you'll have to convert that to km on your own.
Y

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2021, 01:20:52 PM »

I have been to a slaughterhouse and witnessed how they wholesale kill bulls. It is beyond disgusting. Shooting an animal and then butchering it is far, far more humane. So is hunting deer and other large wild animals.

I'm not going to be a vegan, ever, but I no longer buy factory slaughtered meat. I started buying from a local farmer and am happy with that. 1 large steer lasts a year, easily. Feeds a family of 4.