Author Topic: Does being a funny guy automatically put you in a girl's "friend zone"?  (Read 13651 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Does being a funny guy automatically put you in a girl's "friend zone"?
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 03:25:20 PM »

Danny wheres his PIC? 

I don't know, he is that Arab who took a picture of his mom giving him a piggy back ride.
E

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 11:05:57 AM »
You know what's ironic, women will tell him how cute and sweet he is, and any advice is vague,   but the dudes will tell him exactly how to pull some tail. it seems like women want to sabotage any effort in a man getting tail, but also hindering him that person from being a man that women actually want.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 03:12:13 PM »
You know what's ironic, women will tell him how cute and sweet he is, and any advice is vague,   but the dudes will tell him exactly how to pull some tail. it seems like women want to sabotage any effort in a man getting tail, but also hindering him that person from being a man that women actually want.

Parker,

That nugg needs to be who he is regardless of how it affects his potential prospects.  There's nothing worse than someone who tries to be something they're not.  They all fail in the end and look foolish doing so.

Don't enourage him.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2007, 07:17:33 PM »
Mahg, trab gives you some pretty good advice.
You might wanna try it out on some other girl, ...not the one who cuts herself.
There's more baggage there than Samsonite.

Also PM Always Sore. He's advised guys on this before and i think he'd probably be on point again.
w

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 12:18:08 PM »
I was rejected yesterday by a girl who has said I "make her laugh", am "hilarious" etc. I thought it meant she could be interested, since she clearly stated in her blog she wants a guy who is "intelligent", "able to hold a conversation", "make her laugh". I am nothing if not those 3.  :D

So what's the deal? Why can't I catch a break? Perhaps it has something to do with my height and looks even though women always say "looks don't matter".  ::)

Side rant: It's funny that all these douchebags who just want to have sex with a girl and be done with her get all the tang they want and then avoid the girl. I am one of the "good guys" who wants a commitment, who will stay, yet we can't catch a break in this fucking world!  >:( Guys that don't give a shit about women always get them, maybe that's what I should try to  be?  ???
No...being funny doesn't put you in the friend zone. Usually the main factor is that she simply isn't interested in you romantically and she just doesn't know how else to put it other then "lets be friends". In that case either move on or simply be friends with her. Don't be afraid to move on either as there is no point in chasing something that is un-chasable. There are a ton of lovely women around that will be more then happy to be with you. Just my two pennies.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 01:33:21 PM »
No...being funny doesn't put you in the friend zone. Usually the main factor is that she simply isn't interested in you romantically and she just doesn't know how else to put it other then "lets be friends". In that case either move on or simply be friends with her. Don't be afraid to move on either as there is no point in chasing something that is un-chasable. There are a ton of lovely women around that will be more then happy to be with you. Just my two pennies.

PB has -
Good sense... Also never burn bridges unnecessarily. You never know later on down the line... Perhaps a friend of hers?
If you get all frustrated and go off pissed, your done in the future w/ ANYTHING remotely connected to her..
But dont hang around whats pointless...

I got a friend who can leave a relationship on good terms when most guys would punch... Well, thru the years some of those women have been worth a lot (Business) to him later on....
It's Easier said than done...

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 02:05:34 PM »
Naughty Naughty referance to "americanized" you in trouble now... ;D

i make like a grasshoppah and go poof!
carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 03:45:25 PM »
Parker,

That nugg needs to be who he is regardless of how it affects his potential prospects.  There's nothing worse than someone who tries to be something they're not.  They all fail in the end and look foolish doing so.

Don't enourage him.

DIV

True, what i mean is play to one's strength's, but the whole "wait one day" bull can only go so far. I'm saying acting like the fools on "the pick up artist"

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2007, 12:55:37 PM »
True, what i mean is play to one's strength's, but the whole "wait one day" bull can only go so far. I'm saying acting like the fools on "the pick up artist"

A man's true nature will always show through eventually.

If you are a nice guy, there's nothing that will change that and what's the point in trying?

If a woman can't love you for who you are, then she's not the right one.

Always be who you are, Parker.

DIV

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2007, 01:08:34 PM »
A man's true nature will always show through eventually.

If you are a nice guy, there's nothing that will change that and what's the point in trying?

If a woman can't love you for who you are, then she's not the right one.

Always be who you are, Parker.

DIV

Who we are, is a constant state of becoming... esp for a young guy like the one here...
Shit changes us, sometimes real hard and fast......

If you dont have credibility, you cant sell water in the desert.....
But sales skills, closing the deal is VERY learnable sheit......
And that is all scoring is..

He has to define what exactly "nice" is blowin the deal 4 him....
That is, IF He'z actually gotten to where these relations could-of  should-of went physical.

Women like strong hands for more'n just opening a jar of penutbutter for them   ;).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2007, 01:20:12 PM »
Who we are, is a constant state of becoming... esp for a young guy like the one here...

That is, IF He'z actually gotten to where these relations could-of  should-of went physical.

Women like strong hands for more'n just opening a jar of penutbutter for them   ;).
Excellent point, Trab.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2007, 04:56:31 PM »

Women like strong hands for more'n just opening a jar of penutbutter for them    ;).

Yep, ...there's also plenty of furniture to be moved around the house too.  :P
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2007, 05:15:52 PM »
Chicks like t3h funny...

Men and women can be friends, but you do it to yourself for the most part... If you are cool with being a chicks friend... that's great, you're her friend... but if you don't want to be their friend... sometimes, you gotta act a little shitty to get the chick you want. Don't be mean, but you can't just kiss ass either...  You gotta be cock diesel and show a chick you're confident and have some balls.

Chicks need to feel secure around you.

Don't be a push over... You want a chick to dig you... be funny, nice (but not clingy nice), and not  take their shit...

Good luck.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2007, 01:33:41 PM »

I think that whole mentality of selling yourself is overplayed and it's the type of game I don't even play with women.

I don't need to sell anything.........I am the same person regardless of the woman or the circumstances.

They see me flaws and all...

I am not right for all women, actually only a small percentage of women and likewise there are only a couple specific types of women I go for, so it works.

Let's just say that there are many more women trying to attract my interest than those I would ever consider.

Part of that is the fact that I don't play games or chase...

I'm also a trainer, so that helps. 

DIV

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2007, 02:46:32 PM »
I think that whole mentality of selling yourself is overplayed and it's the type of game I don't even play with women.

I don't need to sell anything.........I am the same person regardless of the woman or the circumstances.

They see me flaws and all...

I am not right for all women, actually only a small percentage of women and likewise there are only a couple specific types of women I go for, so it works.

Let's just say that there are many more women trying to attract my interest than those I would ever consider.

Part of that is the fact that I don't play games or chase...

I'm also a trainer, so that helps. 

DIV
Definately do not play the chase. Your right about that. I always believed that the suckers play the chase. In the end it makes them look hurting. I would rather just spend the time and just find someone new.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 02:49:36 PM »
Definately do not play the chase. Your right about that. I always believed that the suckers play the chase. In the end it makes them look hurting. I would rather just spend the time and just find someone new.

I always thought that real players don't chase women, yet all these so-called players are as bad as women themselves.

I've never needed to chase a woman........

DIV

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2007, 02:56:28 PM »
I always thought that real players don't chase women, yet all these so-called players are as bad as women themselves.

I've never needed to chase a woman........

DIV
Agreed 100% . I say the time you waste chasing someone is time wasted when you could be with other ladies.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2007, 03:35:15 AM »
Agreed 100% . I say the time you waste chasing someone is time wasted when you could be with other ladies.
Exactly there loss...Mahg, you most likely need a overhaul, are your teeth yellow?? the whiten them, get a hair cut, get some cologne, change your wardrobe

mahg

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2007, 12:16:21 PM »
Update. Great. She accepted when I said I love her, she won't have sex till marriage, and she's stalking me now and I want to get away.

mahg

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2007, 12:19:07 PM »
Ohhh boy...  ::)

Life sucks and then you die.  >:(

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2007, 12:21:54 PM »
Update. Great. She accepted when I said I love her, she won't have sex till marriage, and she's stalking me now and I want to get away.

You have GOT to be kidding me.    :o

:)

mahg

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2007, 12:23:33 PM »

You have GOT to be kidding me.    :o

Lori, all her stories scare the fuck out of me. All these suicidal thoughts, cutting, the sexual abuse that her dad put her through, how she wakes up in the middle of night screaming that her dad's raping her even when he's not there. She's very intense and scary. I am scared of her dude..  :-\

Edit: And how for some strange reason she's going to die soon, how her best friend died 2 days after she was supposed to die or some crazy shit like that... I don't know man but I am scared shitless. Some prank about him and he cycled to visit her to make sure she was alive but he died 2 days later and how she's going to die too. I dont know dude I'm just scared ...  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2007, 12:26:52 PM »
Ohhh boy...  ::)

Life sucks and then you die.  >:(

Life's what you make it.

mahg

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »
She sent me this: "go from me, yet i feel i shall stand, Hence forward in thy shadow"

I SWEAR TO GOD MAN, SHES GOING TO KILL ME. HOLY SHIT. IF I DIE FIND THAT GIRL.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2007, 12:37:40 PM »
WAIT.......WHAT?!!   Slow down man.  wtf is going on? 
Now she's stalking you?   Who thinks they are going to die?!?    ???

She's clearly got some issues, but you have known about the self-mutilation and the abuse, and all that stuff all along, and you still wanted her.  You said you told her you loved her?  And now what has changed to make you change your mind?

:)