Author Topic: Presidential Debate - Discussion  (Read 58086 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Epic meltdown
« Reply #400 on: October 06, 2012, 03:49:40 PM »
But, but... Obama stands for freedom and the oppressed...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #401 on: October 06, 2012, 03:52:24 PM »
Who knows, Romney could have blown his load Weds...
Only time will tell...
A used car salesman vs a used boat salesman...

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #402 on: October 06, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »
Obama has always been the stuttering dolt and moron you saw on Wednesday.  

TBH I haven't watched the debate but I'm just assuming from everyone's reaction that something was not quite as usual with Obama that night. He didn't get this kind of criticism for his debating skills back in 08, did he? If '08 serves as any kind of benchmark(good or bad) for his performance in debates then it just seems like something has gone south since then.
from incomplete data

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #403 on: October 06, 2012, 04:54:35 PM »
Now let's be real. There's 16 trillion in national debt. Republicans, Dems and other alike are all concerned about the unsustainable national debt and how we're going to pay for it. Who is the most reasonable, too perfect, too gorgeous, too expensive because he's a genius and brilliant and everything, pretty much, that he does is charismatic, beautiful, wonderful, no margin for error, Osama Bin Laden, safe and secure, captain? perfect shots, American captain safe and now, all aboard and normal. Even when everyone thought there was financial armageddon, (Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers -- Dick Fuld went from 1.5bn to 150mm in a heart beat, chemical CEO dood in Germany takes away his life on German railroad tracks, okay chinaman go down , 600 points down, 400 points down, money honey stay gorgeous , this just in in Wall Street.. 1000 points down, okay mini up, now we're stabilizing at down 800, wait, now down 900, Countrywide has gone bankrupt, will be sold piecemeal, fuck, now what? Bear Stearns sold piecemeal to fucking Nomura, okay, Bank of AMerica is fucked, Wachovia is fucked, real estate prices are fukced, underwater, FUCK, no line of credit? FUCK, small business bankruptcies? FUCK, even AAA went to double A? WHAT THE FUCK REPUBLICANS. WAKE THE FUCK UP. This election is more important than your fucking money. not even christian that man, FUCK

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #404 on: October 06, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »
Obama has always been the stuttering dolt and moron you saw on Wednesday.

That's simply not true. His poor debate performance aside, Obama, whether I agree with his positions or not, has shown in the past that he is not only articulate but can speak very well. So what's going on? Ideas and political positions and philosophies aside, the fact is that it takes skill and talent to have the potential to be a good debater and it takes practice to become and remain one.

And it was obvious that Obama was, for lack of a better term, rusty. In my opinion, it was clean that Obama just hadn't put in the time necessary to sharpen his debating skills after keeping them in the closet for almost 3 years. Mitt Romney, on the other hand, on top of practicing and doing his homework, had already been through more than 10 debates in the past twelve months alone. It was those two things – Obama's lack of practice and Romney's polish – combined that made Obama look pretty bad.

I suspect that Obama will buckle down, practice and improve in time for the next debate. How much remains to be seen.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #405 on: October 07, 2012, 09:57:37 AM »

Wo the TelePrompTer Obama is hopeless

That's simply not true. His poor debate performance aside, Obama, whether I agree with his positions or not, has shown in the past that he is not only articulate but can speak very well. So what's going on? Ideas and political positions and philosophies aside, the fact is that it takes skill and talent to have the potential to be a good debater and it takes practice to become and remain one.

And it was obvious that Obama was, for lack of a better term, rusty. In my opinion, it was clean that Obama just hadn't put in the time necessary to sharpen his debating skills after keeping them in the closet for almost 3 years. Mitt Romney, on the other hand, on top of practicing and doing his homework, had already been through more than 10 debates in the past twelve months alone. It was those two things – Obama's lack of practice and Romney's polish – combined that made Obama look pretty bad.

I suspect that Obama will buckle down, practice and improve in time for the next debate. How much remains to be seen.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #406 on: October 07, 2012, 09:59:00 AM »
Now let's be real. There's 16 trillion in national debt. Republicans, Dems and other alike are all concerned about the unsustainable national debt and how we're going to pay for it. Who is the most reasonable, too perfect, too gorgeous, too expensive because he's a genius and brilliant and everything, pretty much, that he does is charismatic, beautiful, wonderful, no margin for error, Osama Bin Laden, safe and secure, captain? perfect shots, American captain safe and now, all aboard and normal. Even when everyone thought there was financial armageddon, (Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers -- Dick Fuld went from 1.5bn to 150mm in a heart beat, chemical CEO dood in Germany takes away his life on German railroad tracks, okay chinaman go down , 600 points down, 400 points down, money honey stay gorgeous , this just in in Wall Street.. 1000 points down, okay mini up, now we're stabilizing at down 800, wait, now down 900, Countrywide has gone bankrupt, will be sold piecemeal, fuck, now what? Bear Stearns sold piecemeal to fucking Nomura, okay, Bank of AMerica is fucked, Wachovia is fucked, real estate prices are fukced, underwater, FUCK, no line of credit? FUCK, small business bankruptcies? FUCK, even AAA went to double A? WHAT THE FUCK REPUBLICANS. WAKE THE FUCK UP. This election is more important than your fucking money. not even christian that man, FUCK

WTF are you on?

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
Re: on Tonight's Presidential Debate
« Reply #407 on: October 09, 2012, 11:38:49 PM »
quote author=Howard link=topic=442851.msg6345386#msg6345386 date=1349300405]
I'l watch if Mitt ass rapes this media ho and Obama watches it with nods of approval in the background.
Short of that I have no interest in it unless they go at it "King of the cage , WWF style"
[/quote]

fucking this 10¹ºx
®