Author Topic: Amanda Savell & Dave Jacobs found dead this morning  (Read 39061 times)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Amanda Savell & Dave Jacobs found dead this morning
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2008, 04:36:36 PM »
As steve said, Jacobs also had a TON of law enforcement clients which I'm sure didn't want to be named.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was set up to look like a murder suicide if it was cops who did it.

Shitty thing to happen and neither of them deserved it.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2008, 04:45:17 PM »

He added: “I spoke with David through a text message about three or four days ago, and he said he was fine. He has been trying to rebuild his life. He got crossed with some bad things and made some bad choices. At this point, I am just beside myself.”

Body builders favourite quote after the get caught

steveeray

• Getbig III
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »
As steve said, Jacobs also had a TON of law enforcement clients which I'm sure didn't want to be named.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was set up to look like a murder suicide if it was cops who did it.

The info I got was LE was not to frantic about finding a suspect which leads
someone to believe it was a murder suicide BUT
IMO
I agree with the quoted post. Can't have a bunch of PPD officers juiceing and get named.
It would shake this uptight community

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2008, 05:44:11 PM »
 dave was being tested for gear by the standards of his probation.. at least once a week.. so he will turn up clean.. now the question is.. if it is not a homicide..WHO WILL THE MEDIA BLAME?.. or since they cant blame gear, will they just pass on the story..?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2008, 06:05:12 PM »
dave was being tested for gear by the standards of his probation.. at least once a week.. so he will turn up clean.. now the question is.. if it is not a homicide..WHO WILL THE MEDIA BLAME?.. or since they cant blame gear, will they just pass on the story..?
::)
!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: IFBB Pro Amanda Savell Found Dead
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2008, 06:08:45 PM »

Do you know what happened?

Alex23

« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2008, 06:21:59 PM »
Dave didn't murder anyone. It's clearly a hit.

One shot in the stomach from several feet away followed by a close range minutes later...

Pretty clear.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »
dont start bashing the victim, ok?

I didn't mean to. I think it's awful what happened. Just saying people in general should stay as far away from steroid users/abusers as possible.
E

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2008, 07:21:22 PM »
ESPN writer making Dave Jacobs out to be a hero in this column:

Former steroid dealer wanted to make a difference
By Shaun Assael
ESPN The Magazine
Updated: June 5, 2008, 9:35 PM ET

David Jacobs, the Texas trainer found shot to death on Thursday, wanted to make a difference. But the pressure of making that difference had begun to paralyze him in recent weeks.

I first heard from Jacobs through his attorney in February. The 35-year-old had pleaded guilty to a single steroid possession count and was cooperating with federal prosecutors, hoping to get probation. Yet with his sentence uncertain, and his court date still months away, he was already thinking about a tell-all interview.

The reasons he chose ESPN matter less than the fact that he thought he had it all figured out. Once he told the feds about the steroids and growth hormone that he'd imported from China -- and the pro athletes he sold to -- he'd be free to hit the talk show circuit. Become a somebody instead of the guy who helped somebodys.

The ex-Marine, whose father was a gymnastics champion, almost had it right. His cooperation did get him probation. But the public part -- the part where his friends and former clients would know precisely what he said -- well, he wasn't quite ready for that.

Jacobs told me he had e-mails, phone texts, messages from his My Space Page, and cancelled bank checks that would implicate at least half-dozen big-name players, including two who served as his primary conduits to others. He publicly named the Saints' Matt Lehr as one, though Lehr's attorney has insisted his client is not a criminal target.

Once we sat down, Jacobs said, the whole thing would be very clear.

The plan was to do so shortly after his sentencing on May 1. But something spooked him. Two agents from NFL security knocked on his door that day. "They just showed up out of nowhere," he told me, unnerved.

Before he'd ramped up his distribution network and was hitting bodybuilding shows as a fan, Jacobs could walk down the street relatively unnoticed. But since then, he had ballooned into a varicose version of himself with a tattoo running up his right arm. It wasn't going to be so easy for him to walk down the street unnoticed anymore.

After the visit from the NFL, Jacobs began to think twice about going public. But even after he agreed to meet with the league's security agents, he hadn't fully backed away from wanting his moment in the spotlight.

We tentatively talked about me coming to Dallas to interview him on May 21, after the NFL agents left. As the date approached, however, so did the reality of what the day after might be like.

If Jacobs lived in New York, or even Duluth, things might have been different. But he lived in Plano, Texas. The ex-home of Jose Canseco. A town that was thrown onto the steroid map by the suicide of high school pitcher Taylor Hooton -- and remains there thanks to the crusading efforts of his father, Don.

Jacobs talked about no longer being comfortable in public and having to sell his house.

In a particularly chilling moment, he said: "The kinds of people I have information about, they're the kinds of people who can put a bullet in the back of my head." I had no idea if he was talking about pro athletes or other kinds of customers he had serviced. Or maybe he was just inflating his own sense of himself. There's no way to tell. All I knew was they were the words of a man who was reconsidering the price of making a difference.

Three days before I'd hoped to meet with him, I got this email from Cut260: "As of right now I am giving 100 percent and getting nothing in return and no guarantee of anything in the future. Everyone is getting their big stories, front-page headlines and bonuses but I am not getting anything in any way except a guarantee of thousands of people to be extremely pissed off at me for ruining the images of their favorite sport and heroes."

Needless to say, the meeting never happened.

It's unclear precisely what Jacobs gave the NFL. In a statement, league spokesman Greg Aiello said, "It is premature to comment on any specific player at this time. Anyone found to have violated our policies will be subject to discipline, including suspension."

It's also unclear what drove the events that left Jacobs shot to death beside the 30 year-old fitness model Amanda Jo Earhart-Savell, who is described as his on-again-off-again girlfriend. Dallas Police are reportedly investigating whether the deaths were a murder suicide, leaving the questions about who was murdered.

The records Jacobs left behind aren't the only measure of the man. He leaves behind a family and friends who are grieving right now. But they will be the yardstick that measures how much of a difference he'll make to the sports world he wanted to put on notice.

Shaun Assael is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.
Elevate Your Image.™

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2008, 07:43:22 PM »

Ironically, Lonnie Teper is flying into Dallas tomorrow to emcee the Lone Star Classic in Plano on Saturday... I am sure he will call for a moment of silence before the start of the show... RIP Amanda...

What about Dave? No RIP for him?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2008, 07:48:13 PM »
Her myspace page has like 70 RIP posts, and some tool posted a "thanks for the add" graphic with a "Amanda have a great week" message. How crass.

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2008, 08:25:12 PM »
RIP Amanda

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2008, 08:54:41 PM »
Don't get me wrong but in a way it hope it was a hit and not that David shot her. Hard to imagine a guy being able to do that.  :(

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2008, 08:57:16 PM »
Shocker  :o

Seriously though whoever erased the posts, I'd love to know why.

I personally know 2 people who's lives have been ruined by these people.

And they're taking their lickings like a stand-up person would.

So tell me why these 2 should be remembered as anything but a couple rats who got what was coming.

Rat In Peace

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2008, 08:59:22 PM »
What's the over/under on Ron zapping TacoBell into time out within 20 minutes?

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2008, 09:00:53 PM »
I'd give it 5 minutes.

But seriously, whoever it is knows I'm speaking the truth, and is a pussy for not explaining themselves.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2008, 09:05:01 PM »

Having a bunch of gutless cops as clients is bad...But having damaging info on the "untouchable" NFL is just about as bad as it gets...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2008, 09:23:54 PM »
There are many possibilities....lets not forget...he was getting the gear to sell from somebody, in large quantities. Perhaps someone he owed big money to..

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2008, 09:30:47 PM »
I'm putting money that it was him who did the cowardly act. Call it jumping to conclusions but I'm confident when the news comes out it will expose him for being responsible.

Elevate Your Image.™

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2008, 09:33:03 PM »
I'm putting money that it was him who did the cowardly act. Call it jumping to conclusions but I'm confident when the news comes out it will expose him for being responsible.

Oh brother. Does someone sound like a frustrated "friend"?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2008, 09:33:41 PM »
There are many possibilities....lets not forget...he was getting the gear to sell from somebody, in large quantities. Perhaps someone he owed big money to..
chick this is what i said early'r, copycat !!

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2008, 09:35:21 PM »

Oh absolutely, there are too many variables to consider.

We will probably never know who really did it..... like OJ's case  :P

And I'm glad it wasnt you Chick who deleted the posts, I'm sure its hard not to be political in this situation as a public community figure,
but that shows class.  Respect

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2008, 09:37:27 PM »
Chick is a gentleman

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2008, 09:41:40 PM »
I don't know who deleted what....what I do know is, if it was offensive to the memory of Amanda, then it would be deleted immediately.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2008, 09:43:16 PM »
I don't know who deleted what....what I do know is, if it was offensive to the memory of Amanda, then it would be deleted immediately.

I said im not sad for the rat, how is that offensive when everybody knows he's a rat?