Author Topic: Amanda Savell & Dave Jacobs found dead this morning  (Read 39051 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Amanda Savell & Dave Jacobs found dead this morning
« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2008, 07:50:39 AM »
Sad news indeed.  One thing the police need to do is contact the NFL to get that list of names.  Dollars to donuts that will be the best place to start.  
The timing is too coincidental to be murder-suicide.  The list of suspects is in the NFL's hands now and the police just need to go down that list to find out who was where and when.

May Amanda RIP.  It's a shame seeing such a beautiful girl die at such a young age.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2008, 07:51:51 AM »
not cheesy enough:

Guy: Horatio by the look of his injuries I say the guy killing her went on a Roid Rage.
Horatio: It certainly looks like it...
Guy: But how did the get into the apartment?
Horatio: Maybe he...(dramtic pause) muscled his way into it (MUSIC YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HHHH)

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2008, 08:23:17 AM »
Sad news indeed.  One thing the police need to do is contact the NFL to get that list of names.  Dollars to donuts that will be the best place to start. 
The timing is too coincidental to be murder-suicide.  The list of suspects is in the NFL's hands now and the police just need to go down that list to find out who was where and when.

May Amanda RIP.  It's a shame seeing such a beautiful girl die at such a young age.

He was ratting on cops too.

How hard do you think they will try to find out who did this?    My guess is not very.

Anabolic Outlaw

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2008, 08:32:59 AM »

No sleep here in Texas

The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. - Proverbs 29:25 (KJV)

Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. - Matthew 10:26,28 (KJV)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2008, 08:48:16 AM »
Sad news indeed.  One thing the police need to do is contact the NFL to get that list of names.  Dollars to donuts that will be the best place to start.  
The timing is too coincidental to be murder-suicide.  The list of suspects is in the NFL's hands now and the police just need to go down that list to find out who was where and when.

May Amanda RIP.  It's a shame seeing such a beautiful girl die at such a young age.
"beauty is a transitory possesion" t. williams

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2008, 08:58:15 AM »
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. - Proverbs 29:25 (KJV)

Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. - Matthew 10:26,28 (KJV)

Go away, whack-job.
Ron: "I am lazy."

steveeray

• Getbig III
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2008, 09:06:27 AM »

He was ratting on cops too.

How hard do you think they will try to find out who did this?    My guess is not very.

People I spoke with said PPD isn't looking to hard
for a suspect.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2008, 09:14:07 AM »
Go away, whack-job.

Was too polite to post it, but I thought the exact same thing.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2008, 09:24:03 AM »
Was too polite to post it

I don't have that problem.  ;D

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: IFBB Pro Amanda Savell Found Dead
« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2008, 09:45:50 AM »
Either way its very sad, but a murder-suicide is just what the anti-steroid crew want.

This story proves that bodybuilding is evil.

Pro wrestling too.

ZHANNA ROTAR

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2008, 09:51:22 AM »
Sad, Sad news! 
I competed with Amanda on several occasions and she was always so nice and encouraging!  She was a very beautiful and sweet girl!...  That is very sad news to all of us in the fitness industry and her fellow competitors...  My heart and my prayers go out to her family and friends...

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2008, 10:03:11 AM »
Prayers to their families

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2008, 10:18:13 AM »
I blame the messageboards.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2008, 10:23:49 AM »
I blame the messageboards.

Well, we obviously drove Titus to murder (he was posting here earlier on the night it happened), so it's not much of a stretch to think we're at fault here too.  I blame Special Ed!  ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2008, 10:37:15 AM »
4 weeks before the killing i warned craiggers of danger if he continued. 

nikki

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2008, 12:02:17 PM »
Rip....Amanda will be greatly missed

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2008, 02:41:26 PM »
That kind of shit is nuts.  One day you're here the next your not.  Crazt shit

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2008, 06:12:47 PM »
Sounds like there needs to be an independent investigation. If the police are investigating a link to themselves, I don't think they'd really look that hard.

I have some doubt that there is an NFL connection to the deaths. People are more accepting of NFL players using steroids (e.g., Merriman) than baseball players, track athletes, etc. for some reason. It wouldn't have been that big of a scandal consequently.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2008, 06:19:22 PM »
the families should contact the FBI

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2008, 06:45:55 PM »
 Police say steroid dealer killed himself
 By LINDA STEWART BALL, Associated Press Writer
Fri Jun 6, 6:43 PM ET
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080606/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_steroids_dealer_death_7

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2008, 07:10:48 PM »
i'd like to know more about david jacobs

steveeray

• Getbig III
« Reply #197 on: June 06, 2008, 09:23:41 PM »

I love the media.
Steroid dealer kills himself.
Not former body builder ECT ect.
David was a rat but I don't like the media and how it betrays us
and the way we live our life.
Its a negative not a possitive for the bodybuilding world.
Thanx David
Were in a worse situation now than ever.
He proved the steriotypes about roid rage.
Im not saying I'm innocent in this game and I do
have a closet to clean out myself but damn.
His actions did not help anyone but himself.

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #198 on: June 06, 2008, 09:43:15 PM »
From the media.

Kathy Earhart, the mother of Amanda Earhart-Savel, said she believes that Jacobs killed her daughter, saying: “He was a dangerous man, and she feared him.”

http://publicbroadcasting.net/kera/news.newsmain?action=article&ARTICLE_ID=1294029&sectionID=1

DALLAS, TX (2008-06-06) Plano Police Officer Andre Smith says detectives have part of the information they need to close the case of two bodies found inside a home on Honey Creek Lane early yesterday morning. He says a report from the Dallas County Medical Examiner shows that 35 year old, convicted steroids dealer David Jacobs shot himself, twice.

Smith: There were two self inflicted gunshot wounds to Jacobs: one to the abdomen, and the other to the head.

Officer Smith says detectives are waiting for the Medical Examiner's ruling on 30 year old Amanda Earhart-Savell Jacobs' girlfriend.

Smith: What I can tell you her is that there were multiple gunshot wounds to her.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/653363.html

Jacobs once wanted badly to tell his high-profile story. You could see it in interviews and read it between the lines. Most men in his perilous position would run from reporters and the soul-baring spotlight. Not Jacobs.

Once mastermind of one of the nation's largest steroids networks, he gave the NFL canceled checks and e-mails and text messages and names. He figured to "clean up" sports. Go national. Clear his conscience.

Before his death, ruled a suicide Friday by the Dallas County medical examiner, Jacobs kept a running dialogue with reporters from this newspaper. Last month, he reportedly scheduled a meeting with one from ESPN.com.

But something happened to dull Jacobs' chattiness. Could have been the NFL security detail that spooked him when it showed up at his door unannounced. Could have been the friends who suddenly distanced themselves.

Could have been the prospect of becoming a pariah in the town where he lived.

"If Jacobs lived in New York or even Duluth, Minn., things might have been different," wrote ESPN.com's Shaun Assael, author of Steroid Nation. "But he lived in Plano, Texas. ... A town that was thrown onto the steroid map by the suicide of high school pitcher Taylor Hooton – and remains there thanks to the crusading efforts of his father, Don."

Don Hooton, who started a foundation in his son's name to educate parents about the dangers of steroids, understands what that last paragraph means. After Taylor, depressed after going off steroids, took his own life, Don heard the denials.

"Public officials here wanted to think that our tragedy might have been an exception," Hooton said. "We're kidding ourselves in any community to think that.

"And here we had one of the largest dealers in the country right under our noses."

Or at least that's what the feds say about Jacobs. For his testimony, he got three years' probation last month.

He supposedly turned over damning information on a half-dozen well-known NFL players. The only player he named publicly was former Cowboy Matt Lehr, and Lehr's attorney says that, based on his conversations with authorities, his client won't be indicted.

But if what Jacobs alleged is true, the NFL has a BALCO case on its hands.

Consider the possibilities, and it hardly seems much of a stretch. If you think only bodybuilders and baseball stars and Olympians and racehorses have been on steroids, you haven't walked through an NFL locker room in the last 20 years.

Players are bigger and more ripped than ever. The beneficial aspects of steroids (increased ability to work out, thus building muscle mass) and at least one detrimental side effect (aggressive behavior) both would contribute to success in football. To think that at least some players in the most violent of professional sports wouldn't take advantage of such an edge is naïve, at best.

How come they rarely test positive then? For the same reasons that Olympians and others haven't, because of masking agents.

Jacobs reportedly had information about those agents, including finasteride, used in treatment for hair loss.

Frankly, Jacobs made lots of public allegations, which was part of the problem. Besides counting athletes as customers, he said he sold to police officers in Garland, Richardson, Dallas, Arlington and Plano. He even said a Plano cop stole $4,500 from him during a raid last year.

"One of the feds told me that [Jacobs] was talking a lot more than they wanted him to," Hooton said. "They weren't happy about that at all.

"The last thing they want to see is all this stuff on the evening news."

Sometime in the last month, the message must have gotten through to Jacobs. Three days before the ESPN interview, he canceled with an e-mail that read in part:

"Everyone's getting their big stories, front page headlines and bonuses but I am not getting anything in any way except a guarantee of thousands of people to be extremely pissed off at me for ruining the images of their favorite sport and heroes."

So now that Jacobs is dead, as well as his on-again, off-again girlfriend, Amanda Jo Earhart-Savell, what will be his legacy?

Will he become the reformed sinner who forced the NFL to undergo the same scrutiny that has scarred Major League Baseball?

Or will his allegations fade as the uncorroborated testimony of a dealer with delusions of celebrity?

Hard to say. But everything he once alleged so willingly must now be investigated, and not just for its lurid potential. Whether you believe Jacobs' sad story ended in murder-suicide or something even more sinister, it's a story, like Taylor Hooton's, that shouldn't die with him.

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: June 06, 2008, 09:44:29 PM »
Gary and Kathy Earhart gathered with friends and family at their Plano, Tex. home Friday night, devastated parents trying to come to grips with the brutal, high-profile murder of their daughter,  Amanda Jo Earhart-Savell.

With hushed voices, they recalled how Amanda, 30, was a gifted athlete and tennis star from an early age, who graduated from Texas Tech on a full tennis scholarship and who had built a successful career as a fitness industry athlete.

"Just a good person," Kathy Earhart said Friday night.

On Thursday morning, police found their daughter shot to death in the Plano home of convicted steroid dealer David Jacobs, who the Dallas County medical examiner said Friday committed suicide by firing bullets from a 40-caliber pistol into his abdomen and head. He is believed to have first turned the gun on Amanda, although authorities had not yet officially ruled on the cause of Earhart-Savell's death Friday night. Dallas television station WFAA reported, however, that the Plano police recovered 146 vials of steroids, 10 syringes, scales, bags with steroids and marijuana, several computers, a .22-caliber semiautomatic gun and ammunition from Jacobs’s home. The police also reportedly found 10 expended .40-caliber bullet casings, 6 expended bullet slugs and a bullet fragment. Jacobs had told authorities and reporters that he hadn't used steroids since April of 2007.

Her parents said they were certain about what happened, telling the Daily News that their daughter was the victim of a "murder-suicide."

"He killed our daughter," Kathy Earhart said, adding that the Earhart family is moving forward with a wrongful death lawsuit against David Jacobs' family. "In other words, ‘If I can't have you, nobody's gonna have you.' That's pretty much what it was, what he said, what he did. She was trying to get away then. And he wouldn't allow it."

Gary and Kathy Earhart had warned their daughter many times in the last few months: Stay away from David Jacobs.

"I had talked to her and told her (Jacobs) was a dead-end street and that the guy was no good and not to be with him," Gary Earhart told The News. "She said, ‘Well, Dad, everybody else has turned their back on him. I just can't do that.'"

Kathy Earhart added, "This was just a situation, (Jacobs) was a bad person. He just absolutely was bad to the bone."

Jacobs, 35, met with NFL security officials two weeks ago and reportedly provided names of people to whom he had supplied steroids.

Both Kathy and Gary Earhart said their daughter had been involved with Jacobs for the last six months or so, but that the couple had been "on again, off again" during that stretch. Contrary to reports, the couple had not been engaged, they said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2008/06/06/2008-06-06_amanda_jo_earhartsavells_parents_grieve_.html