Author Topic: TO ALL IFBB PROS  (Read 19668 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: TO ALL IFBB PROS
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2008, 09:05:19 PM »
It's obvious that the IFBB doesn't enfore all of their rules, or else there wouldn't be any competitors on stage......I mean other professional athletes get caught breaking various rules of their organizations, but they usually get fined, or suspended for a few games, what have you, but what Lee did, doesn't deserve a ban from the IFBB for life...

That's the same for any organization, including the government; Clinton gets sucked off and gets impeached.  Bush violates UN law and remains in office.  A black man smokes weed and goes to jail.  A white man smokes weed and keeps his freedom.

There are many "catch all" rules and laws that are created for no other reason than to apply them to people who upset "powers that be".  If you look at any office job, you could more than likely fire any person for browsing on the internet.  Does everyone get fired?  Of course not.  If you upset the "powers that be", would you possibly get fired for doing so?  Sure...it could happen, and has happened before.  My point is that the IFBB is not any better or any worse at ensuring that their organization's rules get followed than any other.  Lee was an unstable brat and the IFBB decided to disproportionately hold him to the rules over and above other bodybuilders.  It happens everywhere in life.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2008, 09:08:20 PM »
That's the same for any organization, including the government; Clinton gets sucked off and gets impeached.  Bush violates UN law and remains in office.  A black man smokes weed and goes to jail.  A white man smokes weed and keeps his freedom.

There are many "catch all" rules and laws that are created for no other reason than to apply them to people who piss you off.  If you look at any office job, you could more than likely fire any person for browsing on the internet.  Does everyone get fired?  Of course not.  If you pissed off the "powers that be", would you possibly get fired for doing so?  Sure...possibly.  My point is that the IFBB is not any better or any worse at ensuring that their organization's rules get followed than any other.  Lee was an unstable brat and they decided to disproportionately hold him to the rules over and above other bodybuilders.  It happens everywhere in life.
Serious question Matthew, why are you so interested in what happens with American politics? Shouldn't you be more concerned with the politics of your own country?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2008, 09:11:11 PM »
Serious question Matthew, why are you so interested in what happens with American politics? Shouldn't you be more concerned with the politics of your own country?

Canada just does whatever the US says.  I'm sure you are aware of that.  I find it hilarious that even in world court when it is deemed that the US owes Canada money, we don't get it.  Those five billion dollars in lumber tariffs won't be coming here any time soon.  ;D  Canada = little bitch of the US.  Discuss.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2008, 09:11:38 PM »

There are many "catch all" rules and laws that are created for no other reason than to apply them to people who piss you off.  If you look at any office job, you could more than likely fire any person for browsing on the internet.  Does everyone get fired?  Of course not.  If you upset the "powers that be", would you possibly get fired for doing so?  Sure...it could happen, and has happened before.  My point is that the IFBB is not any better or any worse at ensuring that their organization's rules get followed than any other.  Lee was an unstable brat and the IFBB decided to disproportionately hold him to the rules over and above other bodybuilders.  It happens everywhere in life.

agreed...except for the part of being disproportionatly held to the rules...ANYONE who has ever crossed over to a rival federation, has been met with the same result.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2008, 09:12:44 PM »
agreed...except for the part of being disproportionatly held to the rules...ANYONE who has ever crossed over to a rival federation, has been met with the same result.

Yeah...  Gary Strydom's lifetime ban was certainly a bummer.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2008, 09:15:11 PM »
Canada just does whatever the US says.  I'm sure you are aware of that.  I find it hilarious that even in world court when it is deemed that the US owes Canada money, we don't get it.  Those five billion dollars in lumber tariffs won't be coming here any time soon.  ;D  Canada = little bitch of the US.  Discuss.
Quoted for truth.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2008, 09:18:57 PM »

Yes...that is true.  But what I meant is that you could basically apply any number of other rules to other pros and suspend them, but that does not happen because they are on "good behaviour" so to speak.  For instance, technically speaking, any pro can be banned from competition for substance use, but clearly that rule would not be upheld.  I am assuming from Tim's post that felony convictions are also grounds for dismissal?  Not sure if that is true, but if it is true, I'm sure that Victor Martinez would have it held against him, but only if he upset the "powers that be".  As long as he remains on good behaviour I'm sure he will be allowed to continue to compete despite his criminal record.

Quoted for truth.

Sad, but absolutely true.  American politics matter a lot to me because Canada is far from independent from the USA!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2008, 09:19:11 PM »

Yeah...  Gary Strydom's lifetime ban was certainly a bummer.  ::)

Has Lee been banned for life? News to me...

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2008, 09:20:59 PM »
Has Lee been banned for life? News to me...
How long is Lee banned for then, Bob?
What are the conditions of his return?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2008, 09:23:43 PM »
Its Lee you should be pissed at...he WAS on the stage.
Don't get me wrong Bob i'm not pissed, I'd just like to see preist on an ifbb stage again

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2008, 09:23:58 PM »
How long is Lee banned for then, Bob?
What are the conditions of his return?

There are no conditions

There was no timeframe given

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2008, 09:26:13 PM »
The face of the IFBB has spoken, dammit!!! >:(

Haha!

You got that right.

First off, I'm sure someone misses the World Series/ Superbowl...

The reasons can range anything from "missed a flight" to got drunk, to was sick, who knows?

How many people do you believe were talking about here? There are pics out there showing a packed house....

Don't put words in my mouth....I say what I write..I dont need your expert analysis to interperet it for everyone...

I'm not putting words in your mouth Chick... I'm simply trying to make sure that others and myself understand what you're trying to say. I don't want to say that you're saying something you're not.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2008, 09:27:27 PM »
There are no conditions

There was no timeframe given
So having no time frame given, is it safe to assume that Lee can petition for reinstatement at any time?

In your opinion, how long is suitable? Your opinion, Bob, no one elses.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2008, 09:40:10 PM »
Just a reminder:

Deadline for the 2008 Ironman Championships is MIDNIGHT TONIGHT

Deadline for renewal of your 2008 pro card is JANUARY 15, 2008

any questions or concerns, I can be reached via E-mail at:

ifbbprorep@aol.com
Hi ,Bob
Hidetada Yamagishi is going to be banned from IFBB ??

And even the IFBB wouldn't let him compete at any contests outside of US ??

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2008, 09:40:52 PM »
So having no time frame given, is it safe to assume that Lee can petition for reinstatement at any time?

In your opinion, how long is suitable? Your opinion, Bob, no one elses.

Lee can petition all he likes...

Suitable is as long as they wish, after he already turned down the offer made...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2008, 10:42:19 PM »
Lee can petition all he likes...

Suitable is as long as they wish, after he already turned down the offer made...

So in other words, it very well could be a lifetime ban, but since they haven't used those exact words, until Lee dies we're not allowed to call it that?  ::) ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2008, 11:19:11 PM »
So in other words, it very well could be a lifetime ban, but since they haven't used those exact words, until Lee dies we're not allowed to call it that?  ::) ::)

THAT IS CORRECT, SIR...

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2008, 12:14:27 AM »
Attention all participants of the bodybuilding federation
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2008, 10:21:46 AM »
Sold out, doesn't mean everyone who has a ticket shows, or is there at the same time....I doubt very highly your "seat of choice" was on the floor

lol..
no, it was on the first set of seats off the floor.
Sandra