Author Topic: Gaspari files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and gets investment from Allegro  (Read 11059 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Gaspari Nutrition Announces Preliminary Investment from World Leading Sales & Marketing Distribution Partner

October 13, 2014 -- Lakewood, NJ -- Gaspari Nutrition, a premium and market leading US performance nutritional supplement company, announced today a preliminary investment and global partnership with Allegro Nutrition LLC (“Allegro”). Allegro’s parent company, Allegro Ltd. is a world leading sales and marketing distribution company with operations in over 20 countries and with a global infrastructure partnership which extends across over 100 distribution hubs spanning Europe and North America.

Gaspari Nutrition was founded by International Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness Hall of Fame member, Rich Gaspari, in 1999. Rich has been involved in the bodybuilding and fitness field for over 30 years. He excelled as a top professional bodybuilder from the mid 80's through the 90's, winning Mr. America (now known as the NPC Nationals), Mr. Universe, Professional Mr. World, and is a three time runner up for the most coveted title in professional bodybuilding, the "Mr. Olympia.”

After retiring from professional bodybuilding, Rich began developing his own line of quality supplements and built one of the most formidable and respected brands in the world, Gaspari Nutrition, reaching sales of $85 million per year. The company continues to sell through retailers, such as The Vitamin Shoppe, and through online sites such as www.bodybuilding.com. Rich Gaspari, founder of Gaspari Nutrition, commented, “The last 12 months have seen a period of restructuring and reorganization. I am delighted to announce this new phase of stability and investment for Gaspari Nutrition. This strategic partnership will provide the visionary support needed to propel and highlight the Gaspari Nutrition brand as a world leading sport nutritional brand, while strengthening our global appeal and visibility”. In conjunction with the sale, Gaspari Nutrition will file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection. In Chapter 11, Gaspari Nutrition will be able to restructure its obligations while continuing to operate and meet the needs of its customers, vendors and employees.

“After careful consideration of our options, we believe that Chapter 11 is a necessary step to create a solid foundation for future growth and success of Gaspari Nutrition, Inc.,” stated Rich Gaspari. As a part of the restructuring process, Gaspari Nutrition is negotiating a new line of credit to provide ample funds for working capital until the investment by Allegro is complete. “We are operating and plan to continue manufacturing those quality products which our customers have come to expect from us. After the investment is complete, we intend to introduce new products to provide our customers with the most innovative product offering in the industry. Our success as a company is largely due to the hard work and dedication of our employees, the great customer relationships we have built over our history, and the vendor partnerships we have forged.” said Gaspari. “This step is being taken in order to ensure that our company is able to effectively serve these loyal customers for years to come.”

This investment is in alignment with Allegro’s current ventures into the health and performance nutrition categories with Irish wholefood distributors, WholeFoods Wholesale, and Body Temple, one of the EU’s leading sports nutrition distributors. This will be their first foray in the US sports nutrition market estimated to be a $4.4 billion industry by Nutrition Business Journal. It is anticipated that the transaction will complete in the final quarter of 2014, subject to customary legal conditions and regulatory approvals.

Financial details of the deal were not disclosed, but Heritage Equity Partners, who brokered the transaction, reports that it involves significant investment in the future development and distribution of the Gaspari Nutrition brand. Heritage Equity Partners, formerly “Equity Partners”, based in Easton, MD, provides investment banking services for special situations and has completed in excess of 400 transactions throughout the United States since 1988.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Gaspari files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and gets investment from Allegro
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 03:09:31 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 03:13:37 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »
He is coming apart at the seams.  I noticed this in the Genova videos. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 03:22:41 PM »

Hahaha, that was my first thought.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 03:46:50 PM »

Actually, with this investment infusion, and with the filing of chapter 11, they can now build up again.  Cash flow is a big issue, and with a lot of demand on various items, this is going to help a ton.  The demand is there for Gaspari products, especially the core items. 

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 03:59:13 PM »
So where did all his earnings go?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 04:10:15 PM »
He did great building a brand essentially selling steroids as a supplement.  Gov banned it and he started to shill snake oil.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »
85 million in sales for snake oil and the need of a government bailout to pay and blow off your debts. Fukcing scammers, every single one of them...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 04:20:21 PM »
the supp industry is a very competitive one.  the barriers for entry and smaller every year.  

Ten years ago, people would be getting bank loans to open a warehouse.  Today, people just visit a thread on BBing.com for steps, and set up their own company.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/startyourownline.htm

That's a lot of the reason I was shocked to see Phil Heath walk away from a guaranteed half mil a year to start his own line.  Yes, Ronnie made a mistake not starting his own line in 98.  But that was 1998.  

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 04:29:49 PM »
He did great building a brand essentially selling steroids as a supplement.  Gov banned it and he started to shill snake oil.

First thought that came to my mind. Never used his products but I remember people liked his novodex or whatever it was called. Must have been natties wanting higher test cos anyone who takes real juice could get real nolva dirt cheap or in liquid form online.

Think I sold his superpump for a while years back, sold well along with noxplode when they were the coke and Pepsi of pre workout supps. Now you have a hundred options with the added bonus that the new brand might contain amphetamines til it gets banned.

the trainer

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 04:39:29 PM »
These guys could learn a thing or two from the universal brand, they have been around since the 70s and they are still hot and in demand today.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 04:48:27 PM »
These guys could learn a thing or two from the universal brand, they have been around since the 70s and they are still hot and in demand today.

Tom platz dissed them in an 80s seminar saying animal paks were shown to be just sugar. They could be cow piss and you'd still have teens and early 20s guys copying the style worn in ads thinkIng it is hardcore.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 05:27:39 PM »
the supp industry is a very competitive one.  the barriers for entry and smaller every year. 

Ten years ago, people would be getting bank loans to open a warehouse.  Today, people just visit a thread on BBing.com for steps, and set up their own company.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/startyourownline.htm

That's a lot of the reason I was shocked to see Phil Heath walk away from a guaranteed half mil a year to start his own line.  Yes, Ronnie made a mistake not starting his own line in 98.  But that was 1998. 

You don't need all that shit to start a supplement company. 
A

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 05:30:58 PM »
While one company fails another one rises

GIFTED NUTRITION now available on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gifted%20nutrition

Five Star Reviews an all his products

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff!, October 7, 2014
By
James P DeNicco - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gifted Nutrition Ultimate Iso Whey (Chocolate) (Health and Beauty)
Stuff is delicious and packed full of protein. I mix it up with a banana a little peanut butter in the morning, drink it after my workout and am good until morning. I have taken a lot of different proteins, and I am sticking with this one.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best protein in the market phil Heath knows what is ..., October 3, 2014
By
ervis - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gifted Nutrition Ultimate Iso Whey (Chocolate) (Health and Beauty)
This is the best protein in the market phil Heath knows what is talking Talking about it I will buy it again
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 05:33:07 PM »
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 05:33:52 PM »
ive always stuck with beverly international when i bought supps,they r legit imo
R

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 05:39:19 PM »
While one company fails another one rises

GIFTED NUTRITION now available on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gifted%20nutrition

Five Star Reviews an all his products

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff!, October 7, 2014
By
James P DeNicco - See all my reviews
Stuff is delicious and packed full of protein. I mix it up with a banana a little peanut butter in the morning, drink it after my workout and am good until morning. I have taken a lot of different proteins, and I am sticking with this one.
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best protein in the market phil Heath knows what is ..., October 3, 2014
By
ervis - See all my reviews
This is the best protein in the market phil Heath knows what is talking Talking about it I will buy it again
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

Posted this review:

Tasted good but I did not gain the expected lean muscle mass. I also had violent diarrhea and got got acne on my shoulders

Then realised it had my real name on it.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 05:43:33 PM »
She was behind all of Gaspari's success..just ask her.  ::)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 05:54:08 PM »
She was behind all of Gaspari's success..just ask her.  ::)

Jesus. It's like high stakes shitty girlfriend. I see your duck face and I raise you duck face with trout lips... and half tits showing.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 08:49:16 PM »
Didn't Cutler nutrition just win an award at the Olympia? lol...So Gaspari goes Bankrupt with 85 mil in sales and Cutler wins best new supp company out of his garage...LMFao

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 09:36:28 PM »
Didn't Cutler nutrition just win an award at the Olympia? lol...So Gaspari goes Bankrupt with 85 mil in sales and Cutler wins best new supp company out of his garage...LMFao

Being a private company without looking at the books it's hard to say what's real and what's not as far as numbers go.

This was posted when it was put up.

Gaspari Nutrition is looking for investor capitol or an outright sale of the company. Their 70,000 square foot facility that used to do $85 million a year has seen sales decline due to “a number of factors.” Those “factors” have been elaborated upon here since the very inception of this site.  Nevertheless, Heritage believes that “the brand remains strong, and with the right partner, the company has tremendous potential to again be an industry leader in sports nutrition and supplements.” That could be true, but any serious buyer doing due diligence is going to see behind the nicely polished industry icon and find some….. lets just call them areas for negotiating a discount on the asking price.

So who knows how far sales have dropped as the market has become more competitive. The company has also had well documented issues with the FDA.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 09:59:43 PM »
She was behind all of Gaspari's success..just ask her.  ::)

He was the name, but she did the leg work with the wholesalers.  Company is a bit dysfunctional without her, isn't it?   

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2014, 10:02:45 PM »
$4.4 BILLION a year in utterly worthless products shipped to naive teenagers

all the useless people, where do they get employed ???