Author Topic: RIP: NPC Competitor Joanna Wilson Died In Vegas Prepping for USA!  (Read 51647 times)

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
Re: RIP: NPC Competitor Joanna Wilson Died In Vegas Prepping for USA!
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2016, 06:19:02 AM »

Sounds like compartment syndrome. I had the same thing happen to me when I broke both my legs in a motorcycle accident years back. A few hours after my initial surgery it was discovered that I didn't have much sensation in my feet and toes, so back to the ER I went.  They made incisions on either side of my calves to let the pressure off, otherwise the swelling would have cut off circulation to my feet and I would have had to have my feet amputated.
Pics please!

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2016, 05:28:09 PM »
rip

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2016, 02:20:46 PM »
Better to be healthy than to be ripped....overdosing in order to have a chance at winning a 10 dollar plastic trophy....quite a lot of mentally people in competitive bodybuilding....

I have no idea what she was taking but can guess it wasn't "healthy".
It's very sad she died but for some competitors, the competition is what they live for.
Most could have a normal, healthy, functional lifestyle but choose otherwise.

I never met Joana and can't say for sure how important the bodybuilding lifestyle was to her.
It appears she pushed the envelope too far and paid the ultimate price.

I sincerely wish her family , friends and loved ones some measure of peace dealing with this loss.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2016, 06:04:18 PM »
I competed at shows...why wouldn't I know?  However, I never used any diuretics until my last show at the 2009 NGA Night of Champtions although I used herbal concoction of Dandelion Root and Uva Ursi along with drinking strong black coffee,  rather than that pharmaceutical shit.

To complete at the NPC National level, you have to use the pharms but for regional shows its not needed and you definitely can't use it for natural events.  However, these pictures prove that natural diuretics work fairly well.

BTW, found a old unpublished picture of me practicing my posing routine a few weeks before the event.  I have a few more and I may put them out soon

A few "unpublished" pics? You may "put them out" soon?

You're a fucking retard.

No one cares about your depressing photos. "Unpublished".

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha ha!

You look like shit.

HTH

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2016, 06:05:37 PM »
Holy shit I thought I had long arms

right turn clyde

One of the best posts, EVER!

Two classic Clint movies.

:D