Author Topic: OBAMA passes new Gun Law- People allowed to carry GUNS in National Parks.  (Read 3535 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
LOL arent you the one who was talking about the slippery slope? the first AWB was what? the proposing of a second and the AG saying he wouldnt get in the way was what? obama trying to show a link from the US gun dealers to the mexican drug cartels. even though no such link was ever established was what? hahahah again bro...They havent changed their stance bro, the left is still the left its that right now there are more conservative dems in place then pelosi/obama type libs, if they get more of those then they will try something...

Like I said, I think the democratic party has changed just like the Republicans... There are many conservative Democrats... You keep mentioning the same ones, but there's 57 of those Democrats in the Senate now and 248 in the House.

I don't believe that there are as many gun takers as you're making it out to be.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Like I said, I think the democratic party has changed just like the Republicans... There are many conservative Democrats... You keep mentioning the same ones, but there's 57 of those Democrats in the Senate now and 248 in the House.

I don't believe that there are as many gun takers as you're making it out to be.
I already made that statement ??? LOL

The dems in power however are big gun takers if they had there way...Do you think obama trying to push the ficticious US gun dealers are supplying mexico drug cartels was an accident? how about the playing up of the gun violence of late? when the left swings back a little more left you will see it again...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I already made that statement ??? LOL

The dems in power however are big gun takers if they had there way...Do you think obama trying to push the ficticious US gun dealers are supplying mexico drug cartels was an accident? how about the playing up of the gun violence of late? when the left swings back a little more left you will see it again...

I didn't see the Obama gun dealers / drug cartels item, so I can't really comment right now.

I haven't see anything more about gun violence than I always have... Not really sure where you're seeing that.

I will have to wait for the left to swing more left I guess... because right now, as far as Gun Control is concerned... I just don't see it.

Yes, Pelosi has said it, but she's one person and the party still makes decisions that go against her.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I didn't see the Obama gun dealers / drug cartels item, so I can't really comment right now.

I haven't see anything more about gun violence than I always have... Not really sure where you're seeing that.

I will have to wait for the left to swing more left I guess... because right now, as far as Gun Control is concerned... I just don't see it.

Yes, Pelosi has said it, but she's one person and the party still makes decisions that go against her.
LOL you dont remember obama making speechs during all the shit going on at the border talking about how us gun dealers are basically supplying mexican drug cartels with weapons? or pelosi using the string of shootings that took place for a while to bring up gun control? come on man...

She is the speaker of the house ELECTED BY HER PEERS...

Give it time my friend it will come full circle once again...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
http://www.worthynews.com/top/washingtonpost-com-wp-dyn-content-article-2009-04-15-AR2009041502045-html-wprss-rss_world/

"President Obama yesterday ratcheted up efforts to curb the flow of drugs and guns across the southern border"

to my knowledge not one gun has been linked to the US...I wouldnt doubt that some guns from the US have ended up in mexico in the hands of cartels but to play up that angle as much as obama did  ::) plz....

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
In reading your link it appears that most government officials from even the Bush era seem to agree that most of the guns are coming from the US.

I don't really see that as a problem... I think we should all be as strapped as we want to be.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
It's been nearly 5 months of Obama rule.

Obama has printed 10 trillion bucks and bailed out anyone he wants.  yet he hasn't gone and tried any anti-gun shit.

It would cost him congress in 2010 and the white house in 2012.  He knows it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

Obama has printed 10 trillion bucks and bailed out anyone he wants.  yet he hasn't gone and tried any anti-gun shit.

thats exactly right...iono about 2012 thats to far off to tell right now that is exactly why i wouldnt be suprised at all to see them try something if they stay in power in 2010

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
awesome, i like the fact i can carry in a park.  well legally now lol

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now

Great so by that logic, we have 3 more years to stock up. I guess we get no guns, more gays and more healthcare in 2012,
L

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Great so by that logic, we have 3 more years to stock up. I guess we get no guns, more gays and more healthcare in 2012,

The premise makes no sense to me... That's like saying all Republicans are pro-life.

We know they aren't.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
thats exactly right...iono about 2012 thats to far off to tell right now that is exactly why i wouldnt be suprised at all to see them try something if they stay in power in 2010

nah, people have short memories.  obama would rather lose congress and keep his job by pulling some BS in 2009.

if he tries is in 2011, it could cost him his own job.  Clinton was dumb enough to pass the gun ban right before the 94 elections.  we know how that worked out ;)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
I wonder if that means someone can go to Bohemian Grove with their gun and take out the losers that attend the sordid meetings there..
C

James

By CHARLES BABINGTON, Associated Press Writer Charles Babington, Associated Press Writer   – 18 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Frustrated liberals are asking why a Democratic-controlled Congress and White House can't manage to close the Guantanamo prison or keep new gun-rights laws from passing.

After all, President Barack Obama pledged to shut down the military detention center on Cuba for suspected terrorists. And Democratic control of the government would suggest that any gun legislation leads to tighter controls on weapons, not expanded use.

Even as they grouse, however, liberal lawmakers acknowledge that no one factor explains last week's disappointing back-to-back votes in Congress.

The Obama administration is focused on other priorities, they say. Party leaders don't want to endanger Democratic lawmakers from conservative districts by stressing divisive issues such as gun control.

On Guantanamo, many say, Obama and his allies were caught napping as Republicans stirred public fears about relocating suspected terrorists.

"I think it's one of the few times that he didn't think it all the way out," said Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., an unabashed admirer of the president.

As for trying to keep loaded guns out of national parks, Cummings said, "I don't think he put a lot of energy into it." Issues such as national security and the distressed economy deserve greater attention, at least for now, he said, adding that the president "picks his fights very carefully."

Such explanations provide small comfort to left-leaning Democrats after eight years of George W. Bush's presidency and nearly a dozen years of Republican control of Congress.

"We'll probably end up passing more gun bills" that expand owners' rights "than we did during the Republican administration," said Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y., a leading gun control advocate. "That is what surprises me."

She placed less blame on the White House than on ordinary Americans and advocacy groups that are consistently outflanked by gun owners' groups, especially the National Rifle Association.

"Until the American people say enough is enough, and get active in it," Democratic control of Congress and the White House will not be enough to turn the tide, said McCarthy, whose husband was killed by a gunman in 1993.

Two votes in Congress last Wednesday dismayed many liberals and exposed the limits of their influence even with Obama as president and Democrats holding solid majorities in both houses.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

By CHARLES BABINGTON, Associated Press Writer Charles Babington, Associated Press Writer   – 18 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Frustrated liberals are asking why a Democratic-controlled Congress and White House can't manage to close the Guantanamo prison or keep new gun-rights laws from passing.

After all, President Barack Obama pledged to shut down the military detention center on Cuba for suspected terrorists. And Democratic control of the government would suggest that any gun legislation leads to tighter controls on weapons, not expanded use.

Even as they grouse, however, liberal lawmakers acknowledge that no one factor explains last week's disappointing back-to-back votes in Congress.

The Obama administration is focused on other priorities, they say. Party leaders don't want to endanger Democratic lawmakers from conservative districts by stressing divisive issues such as gun control.

On Guantanamo, many say, Obama and his allies were caught napping as Republicans stirred public fears about relocating suspected terrorists.

"I think it's one of the few times that he didn't think it all the way out," said Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., an unabashed admirer of the president.

As for trying to keep loaded guns out of national parks, Cummings said, "I don't think he put a lot of energy into it." Issues such as national security and the distressed economy deserve greater attention, at least for now, he said, adding that the president "picks his fights very carefully."

Such explanations provide small comfort to left-leaning Democrats after eight years of George W. Bush's presidency and nearly a dozen years of Republican control of Congress.

"We'll probably end up passing more gun bills" that expand owners' rights "than we did during the Republican administration," said Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-N.Y., a leading gun control advocate. "That is what surprises me."

She placed less blame on the White House than on ordinary Americans and advocacy groups that are consistently outflanked by gun owners' groups, especially the National Rifle Association.

"Until the American people say enough is enough, and get active in it," Democratic control of Congress and the White House will not be enough to turn the tide, said McCarthy, whose husband was killed by a gunman in 1993.

Two votes in Congress last Wednesday dismayed many liberals and exposed the limits of their influence even with Obama as president and Democrats holding solid majorities in both houses.
Are you angered about this legislation?  I am not.