Author Topic: Media Blackout: Horrific Hate Crime against White Couple  (Read 3550 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Media Blackout: Horrific Hate Crime against White Couple
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2009, 10:14:13 PM »
Ok, because wiki says so it must be so! You told us!

Look, if whites did this to blacks I guarantee you 100% it would be labeled a hate crime. You know that, everyone knows that. So why the double standards?? This was a hate crime end of story.

scroll back and look at my opinion on "hate crime"

ok, I'll save you the effort

I don't even think there should be a "hate crime" designation for anything.

does that make me a "lib" or a "conservative" ?

What makes one reason for a murder or an assault more heinous than another?

Scott Peterson killed his pregnant wife

Is that less heinous than someone who kills due to racism or homophobia or some other reason

I think if you murder someone that's pretty much the highest level of hate you can get to

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2009, 11:21:04 PM »
scroll back and look at my opinion on "hate crime"

ok, I'll save you the effort

Because torture was involved. This kind of pain inflicted on another being takes a special kind of calculated hate directed towards another. Murdering another person is a form of hate but not on the same level as torture.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2009, 11:29:01 PM »
Because torture was involved. This kind of pain inflicted on another being takes a special kind of calculated hate directed towards another. Murdering another person is a form of hate but not on the same level as torture.

I'm pretty sure if convicted at least a few of these people will get the death penalty

I share your disgust of torture

people who torture should face the most severe penalties

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2009, 05:23:15 AM »
Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom's slayings have become the subject of racial tension, falsehoods

By Jamie Satterfield
Posted May 27, 2007

The first major dose of misinformation in the killings came from a deputy U.S. marshal in Kentucky, where three of the five suspects were arrested.

He insisted Christian was held captive and repeatedly gang-raped for four days before her body was found inside a garbage can in one of the suspect's Chipman Street rental house.

Mainstream media reported the marshal's statements for at least two days. The stories and broadcasts were posted on the Internet and sent out over The Associated Press' news service.

As it turned out, Christian, though repeatedly raped, was dead within 24 hours of her abduction.

Some media corrected the earlier accounts in follow-up stories. But the claim kept surfacing -- and it remains out there today on the Internet and even among traditional outside media.

That was just the beginning of misstatements about the crimes, although the source or sources behind later falsehoods is largely unknown. Those misstatements included claims that Newsom and Christian were sexually mutilated.

They weren't, authorities say.

There also have been persistent claims that Christian was dismembered. As late as last week, a local television station on its Web site reported that Christian's body had been dismembered and found in "five trash bags." The fact is, Christian's intact body was wrapped in five trash bags.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/may/27/slaying-victims-lost-in-the-furor/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2009, 05:26:00 AM »
Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom's slayings have become the subject of racial tension, falsehoods

By Jamie Satterfield
Posted May 27, 2007

The first major dose of misinformation in the killings came from a deputy U.S. marshal in Kentucky, where three of the five suspects were arrested.

He insisted Christian was held captive and repeatedly gang-raped for four days before her body was found inside a garbage can in one of the suspect's Chipman Street rental house.

Mainstream media reported the marshal's statements for at least two days. The stories and broadcasts were posted on the Internet and sent out over The Associated Press' news service.

As it turned out, Christian, though repeatedly raped, was dead within 24 hours of her abduction.

Some media corrected the earlier accounts in follow-up stories. But the claim kept surfacing -- and it remains out there today on the Internet and even among traditional outside media.

That was just the beginning of misstatements about the crimes, although the source or sources behind later falsehoods is largely unknown. Those misstatements included claims that Newsom and Christian were sexually mutilated.

They weren't, authorities say.

There also have been persistent claims that Christian was dismembered. As late as last week, a local television station on its Web site reported that Christian's body had been dismembered and found in "five trash bags." The fact is, Christian's intact body was wrapped in five trash bags.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/may/27/slaying-victims-lost-in-the-furor/

I feel so much better now.  Thanks.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2009, 05:28:00 AM »
City leaders say race not an element in Christian, Newsom murders

5/17/2007

Chief Sterling Owen says that's because authorities have no evidence to suggest that the fact that the suspects are black and the victims were white is anything more than a coincidence.

"We have no evidence to support the fact this crime was a race crime," says Owen emphatically. "It appears to have been a random violent act."

Despite the chatter surrounding the case on many websites, statistics show that in Tennessee, white people are more often the crime victims of other whites. Whites also commit more crimes.

Mayor Bill Haslam says he believes most of the attention on the race of the suspects in this crime is coming from people who don't live in Knoxville.

http://www.wbir.com/news/regional/story.aspx?storyid=45338

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2009, 05:33:10 AM »

I feel so much better now.  Thanks.

I want those responsible to pay just as much as you do.  But I don't agree with spreading misinformation.