Author Topic: Obama 2006 Flashback: "Raising USA's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure"  (Read 3560 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama: Not Always a Fan of Upping Debt Ceiling
January 3, 2011 12:50 P.M. By Katrina Trinko 

________________________ ________________________ ________________

While President Obama’s economic advisor Austin Goolsbee argued Sunday that a refusal by the Senate to increase the government’s debt ceiling (currently $14.3 trillion) would be “catastrophic” and a sign of “insanity,” that’s not the position the president has held in the past.

Here are Obama’s thoughts on the debt limit in 2006, when he voted against increasing the ceiling:

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

In 2007 and in 2008, when the Senate voted to increase the limit by $850 billion and $800 billion respectively, Obama did not bother to vote. (He did vote for TARP, which increased the debt limit by $700 billion.)

Sen. Jim DeMint (R., S.C.) told Human Events in an interview released today that the decision about the debt ceiling “needs to be a big showdown” in the Senate.

“We are going to cut [spending] necessary to stay within the current levels, which is over $14 trillion,” said DeMint.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/256199/obama-not-always-fan-upping-debt-ceiling-katrina-trinko

________________________ ________________________ ______

240, Straw, Al, Blacken care to chip in on this? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

________________________ ________________________ _______

Ha ha ha Ha Ha.   

No way to spin this.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
something started happening in late 2007 and snowballed into a worlwide crisis in 2008.   something about global banking collapse, hemoraging of jobs, etc...

Of course if we didn't raise the debt ceiling I'm sure you wouldn't blame Obama for th 25% unemployment or any of the other major problems that would have occured.  We all know you would have commended him for it instead.   Right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
No way to spin this.  

anything can be spun, my fellow MPB sufferer!

Obama was right in 2006 when he said we shouldn't raise the debt ceiling, and right in 2010 when he said it was necessary to raise the debt ceiling.  Why?  Because circumstances changed during that span, brought about by the culmination of 12 years of republican congress and six years of Bush reign.  The collapsing economy, coming on the same week as Palin's disastrous CBS/Katie Couric interview, left all of us Americans facing the prospect of a sinking dollar value and horrible GOP offering for 2008.

As Americans who believed in the positive power of change, you elected Obama to make this change - and that is what he's doing.  You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs - and in this case, you can't fix what Bush broke without borrowing a little extra money.  But in the end, my 2nd, 3rd and 4th stimulus bills will bail America out of this sad era we shall remember as the Bush Depression, and usher in the Obama Recovery, as history will remember.

God Bless America.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

anything can be spun, my fellow MPB sufferer!

Obama was right in 2006 when he said we shouldn't raise the debt ceiling, and right in 2010 when he said it was necessary to raise the debt ceiling.  Why?  Because circumstances changed during that span, brought about by the culmination of 12 years of republican congress and six years of Bush reign.  The collapsing economy, coming on the same week as Palin's disastrous CBS/Katie Couric interview, left all of us Americans facing the prospect of a sinking dollar value and horrible GOP offering for 2008.

As Americans who believed in the positive power of change, you elected Obama to make this change - and that is what he's doing.  You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs - and in this case, you can't fix what Bush broke without borrowing a little extra money.  But in the end, my 2nd, 3rd and 4th stimulus bills will bail America out of this sad era we shall remember as the Bush Depression, and usher in the Obama Recovery, as history will remember.

God Bless America.  

Why didnt he vote in the 2007 or 200 votes? 
Why did he 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
something started happening in late 2007 and snowballed into a worlwide crisis in 2008.   something about global banking collapse, hemoraging of jobs, etc...

Of course if we didn't raise the debt ceiling I'm sure you wouldn't blame Obama for th 25% unemployment or any of the other major problems that would have occured.  We all know you would have commended him for it instead.   Right?

Ha ha ha ha - please Straw - even you can't spin this.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Ha ha ha ha - please Straw - even you can't spin this.   

spin what

shit changes

Only a nut fails to change course when circumstance require it

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
333 - didn't you say a few days ago or last week that Obama will always be a Communist, Marxist, etc.. in your eyes.    I don't want to put words in your mouth so can you remind me of what you wrote again?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yeah, ok Straw keep telling yourself that.

Once again - Obama = fail.

He has had two years and has only made the problems DRASTICALLY worse.    

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
333 - didn't you say a few days ago or last week that Obama will always be a Communist, Marxist, etc.. in your eyes.    I don't want to put words in your mouth so can you remind me of what you wrote again?

Straw - not that you actually give rats ass, but:

1.   His mentor FMD was a communist
2.   His grandprents were commies or had commie sympathies. 
3.   His mother was a marxist
4.   He sought out the marxist professors in college 
5.   He spent 20 years in a radical church with marxist underpinnings.
6.   His friends are often marxits ie ayeres, dohrn, rashidi, etc
7.   College aquaintences say he was a marxist
7.  He has said he wants to redistribte wealth and thinks it is unfair the USA has so much compared to others. 
8.  Many of his policies seek to destroy the USA in terms of competitive advantage with others.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Yeah, ok Straw keep telling yourself that.

Once again - Obama = fail.

He has had two years and has only made the problems DRASTICALLY worse.    

keep telling myself what exactly?

btw - only you and a few other nutbags think Obama has made things worse and that point of view is demonstrably false (though I'm sure you would "spin" the facts so that you can remain fully ensconced in your preconceived beliefs)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Straw - not that you actually give rats ass, but:

1.   His mentor FMD was a communist
2.   His grandprents were commies or had commie sympathies.  
3.   His mother was a marxist
4.   He sought out the marxist professors in college  
5.   He spent 20 years in a radical church with marxist underpinnings.
6.   His friends are often marxits ie ayeres, dohrn, rashidi, etc
7.   College aquaintences say he was a marxist
7.  He has said he wants to redistribte wealth and thinks it is unfair the USA has so much compared to others.  
8.  Many of his policies seek to destroy the USA in terms of competitive advantage with others.

save the nutbaggery for someone else

just sum up your "permanent" belief about Obama

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
keep telling myself what exactly?

btw - only you and a few other nutbags think Obama has made things worse and that point of view is demonstrably false (though I'm sure you would "spin" the facts so that you can remain fully ensconced in your preconceived beliefs)

In terms of what? 

Debt is worse
UE is worse
Oil is higher
States are in worse shape
National prestige is worse
First lady is ugliest of all.
TBTF Banks are bigger than ever
Big Brother is WAY bigger
Incomes of middle clss still collapsing

etc etc.     

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
save the nutbaggery for someone else

just sum up your "permanent" belief about Obama

Forgot - his father was a radical marxist he worshipped and tried to emulate as well.   

He also shunned all relatives he thought favored capitialism.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

________________________ __________________

BUMP

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
In terms of what?  

Debt is worse
UE is worse
Oil is higher
States are in worse shape
National prestige is worse
First lady is ugliest of all.
TBTF Banks are bigger than ever
Big Brother is WAY bigger
Incomes of middle clss still collapsing
etc etc.    

come on man - do you expect me to take any of that seriously when you throw in an insult to the FLOTUS.   I can address each one of those but why would I bother when you've shown us that your opion is already PERMANENT.  It's immune to re-evaluation of current info, and totally immune to new info.   Your opinion is a fossil.  It will never change.  You don't need to bother posting anymore becasue you have nothing new to say

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Ha ha ha-   ::)  ::)

You know you can't spin this Straw.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Ha ha ha-   ::)  ::)

You know you can't spin this Straw.     

there is nothing to spin

we all know where you're coming from

Obama is a Marxist like his father and his wife is ugly

that's the summation of all your posts for the last 24 months and a projection of all your posts for the next 24 months

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No, Straw, maybe you should actually look at his statements, his associations, his policies, etc.   

As for this - please - by his own definition he now is presiding over failed leadership.   

He has only made the matter FAR worse since 2008. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
No, Straw, maybe you should actually look at his statements, his associations, his policies, etc.   

As for this - please - by his own definition he now is presiding over failed leadership.   

He has only made the matter FAR worse since 2008. 

I have heard his statements but why would I want them interpretted by a far right wing nutbag of below average intelligence?

if you care about his statements then why do you bring up stuff like his wife looks or a father than he never knew?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I have heard his statements but why would I want them interpretted by a far right wing nutbag of below average intelligence?

if you care about his statements then why do you bring up stuff like his wife looks or a father than he never knew?

His wife was just for a goof.  and his father?  Are you really that ignorant Straw?   Seriously, sometimes I qustion whether you really are as thck headed as you come across, but statements like this really give me a hint just how clueless you are.   

Obama wrte a book called   "DREAMS FROM MY FATHER" 

Straw - what were those dreams? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
His wife was just for a goof.  and his father?  Are you really that ignorant Straw?   Seriously, sometimes I qustion whether you really are as thck headed as you come across, but statements like this really give me a hint just how clueless you are.   

Obama wrte a book called   "DREAMS FROM MY FATHER" 

Straw - what were those dreams?     

to take over the US Government and make us all Commies?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
to take over the US Government and make us all Commies?

::)  ::)

His father was a radical marxist seeking to impose communism in Kenya.