Author Topic: Mike brown vs. Jose Aldo  (Read 1453 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Mike brown vs. Jose Aldo
« on: November 17, 2009, 05:53:49 PM »
They square off tommorrow for free on versus, what do you guys think about this one?  This is definately a badass match up, but I'm leaning towards Brown.  I think he'll use his wrestling and sub defense to take Aldo down and smother him for the decision or possible late round stoppage.  Aldo is explosive and takes risks but Brown has been around the block enough times to capitalize on those risks. 
Predictions
 40/61

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Mike brown vs. Jose Aldo
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 02:14:20 AM »
i actually think Aldo will come out too aggressive and get caught,  you should see Mike Brown between fights,  he ain't no featherweight.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 05:27:33 AM »
From what I've seen of Aldo, he's very explosive and a killer striker. His best chance is to ko Brown early. If he doesn't, I think he's in for a long night. Brown will just wear on him.

If I had to bet, I'd go with Brown.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 04:54:03 PM »
i actually think Aldo will come out too aggressive and get caught,  you should see Mike Brown between fights,  he ain't no featherweight.

I talked with him a bit on the day he weighed in to fight Leonard Garcia, even dehydrated he was pretty big.  It was funny though, he seemed like he has mustering all of his strength just to talk he was so spent, cool dude though.  That same day I talked to Urijah Faber,Jens Pulver, and Jeff Curran and Brown dwarfed everybody, that's because Jens was walking around at 162 that day.
Predictions
 40/61

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 08:11:30 PM »
OK, it's safe to say Aldo is the Anderson Silva of 145lbs, except he's got better takedown defense and he dosen't sit and wait for people to come to him.  I was wrong I 'll be the first to admit.
Predictions
 40/61

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 02:17:40 AM »
OK, it's safe to say Aldo is the Anderson Silva of 145lbs, except he's got better takedown defense and he dosen't sit and wait for people to come to him.  I was wrong I 'll be the first to admit.

Me too,  I was impressed with how calm he seemed the whole fight. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 11:27:32 AM »
All I can say is goddamn--- Brown didn't look like he belonged in the cage with Aldo.

Way too much speed and superb takedown defense.

I remember back when I thought Uriah Faber was unbeatable and then Brown came along and beat him twice. Then I thought Brown looked invincible and Aldo makes him look like a total chump.

I almost never watch the WEC and I only watched the fight yesterday by accident because it was a live event. Aldo did not dissipoint.

PS- Did anyone see Manvel the Anvil Gamburian somehow defeat that lanky spanish dude? That was fucking robbery imo.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 03:06:38 PM »

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 09:55:27 PM »
I just wonder if Urijah is stressing trying to get his belt back.. Cause Aldo might be a big challenge for him!