Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > E-Board - Movies, Music, TV, Videogames, Comics

Miscellaneous Entertainment

<< < (85/87) > >>

Gregzs:
First Look at Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Spider-Man Villain Kraven Revealed In Set Video

With a January 13, 2023 release date and J.C. Chandor in the director's chair, filming for Kraven the Hunter has officially begun; and now, fans are getting their first look at the upcoming film's action scenes.

https://thedirect.com/article/spider-man-kraven-aaron-taylor-johnson-villain-video?utm_content=buffer596c4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR13AYWWduSbkGI4roS8gCVjGo3yN-Thh8vjUbXFOOSMLY8kLEqf0fji7SY

Gregzs:
New Doctor Who star Ncuti Gatwa on keeping the secret since February

Incoming Doctor Who star Ncuti Gatwa, who was announced today by the BBC as the person to be replacing Jodie Whittaker in the TARDIS, has spoken about being able to “finally breathe” now the news is out as he has been keeping his new role secret since February.

Speaking on the red carpet at the BAFTA TV Awards in London, where he is nominated for Best Male Performance in a Comedy for his portrayal of Eric Effiong in Netflix smash hit Sex Education (pictured above), Gatwa told PA “I feel really happy that I can now talk about it, because I got cast in February.

“I’ve been keeping it a secret since then, so it’s nice to finally breathe.”

The 29 year old, who was born in Rwanda and brought up in Scotland, added: “But also really nervous. It’s an incredibly iconic role, and an incredibly iconic show – and I just hope I do it justice. I’m following some very, very big footsteps – so I’m just hoping that I fill them up.”

Gatwa will take over from Jodie Whittaker after her final episode is aired sometime in the autumn to coincide with the centenary celebrations of the BBC. It will also be the final episode that Chris Chibnall is showrunner of the programme before Russell T Davies makes his sensational return to the show almost two decades after rebooting Doctor Who.

Davies was also on the BAFTA red carpet and said Gatwa was “Stunning” and “blew everyone away” in his audition.

He added: “I think when you cast the Doctor, you cast for the potential. I can see him for years exploring the part and taking it somewhere new.”

https://screenod.com/ncuti-gatwa-doctor-who-secret?fbclid=IwAR1KmW4OG34Rm3dLWvliRN47a09ZZvnO7TCEoHlWaRAjWJR-O5cU95YEc0c

Gregzs:
The Familiar

Gregzs:
Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren to star in Yellowstone origin series 1932

A Mosquito Coast reunion between Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren is buzzing over at Paramount+, as both stars have joined the upcoming Yellowstone prequel series 1932.

The streaming service announced Tuesday that the Hollywood legends will lead Academy Award nominee Taylor Sheridan's new series, which is set to premiere digitally in December.

Following the success of the first Yellowstone origin series 1883, which became the most-watched Paramount+ original series, 1932 will "introduce a new generation of the Dutton family and explore the early twentieth century when pandemics, historic drought, the end of Prohibition, and the Great Depression all plague the mountain west, and the Duttons who call it home," according to an official synopsis.

Kevin Costner and Kelly Reilly originated the Yellowstone franchise, with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill taking lead roles in the 1883 origin odyssey about the Dutton family seeking a new life through the Great Plains on the way to Montana.

On the Paramount Network, Yellowstone launched a record-breaking season 4 run that drew an average of 11 million total viewers. The series was recently renewed for a fifth season (November 2022).

In addition to their upcoming roles in 1932, Ford and Mirren previously starred together in the 1986 film The Mosquito Coast, based on Paul Theroux's novel about a man who moves his family to a central American jungle to begin a new utopian life. The book was later adapted into a streaming series by Apple TV+ starring Justin Theroux and Melissa George.

1932 is set to premiere on Paramount+ in December.

https://ew.com/tv/harrison-ford-helen-mirren-yellowstone-origin-series-1932/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=6283f894d5b31c000174c261&fbclid=IwAR0xV9JDt1DU-P7_1rwjOUe8To-PsIstVc51W3vOIxldYQuPQT1-eMXj7qE

Gregzs:
Christopher Eccleston joins True Detective season 4

Christopher Eccleston, who played the Ninth Doctor for a single season when Doctor Who was rebooted on television in 2005 by Russell T Davies, is amongst a number of big names joining the already star-studded fourth season of HBO’s True Detective.

Eccleston, who has in more recent times worked as part of the MCU, in HBO show The Leftovers and BBC show The A Word amongst many others, will join Fiona Shaw of Killing Eve and Harry Potter fame alongside Finn Bennett (Domina, The Nevers) and Anna Lambe (Three Pines, Trickster), reports Variety.

The fourth season of the anthology series will see Jodie Foster and Kali Reis take over in the lead roles for the show.

Officially titles True Detective: Night Country, the description for the new season says: “When the long winter night falls in Ennis, Alaska, the six men that operate the Tsalal Arctic Research Station vanish without a trace. To solve the case, Detectives Liz Danvers (Foster) and Evangeline Navarro (Reis) will have to confront the darkness they carry in themselves, and dig into the haunted truths that lie buried under the eternal ice.”

It is understood Christopher Eccleston will play Ted Corsaro, “the regional Chief of Police and a political animal with a long history tying him to Liz Danvers.”

Fiona Shaw is set to play Rose Aguineau, “a survivalist with a past full of secrets.”

The show is currently in pre-production, so there could be a bit of a wait until we see Eccleston and the other exciting cast additions on screen in the show on HBO.

The first season of True Detective premiered on HBO in 2014 and starred Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. It has since had two more seasons with a series of big-name cast members including Colin Farrel, Rachel McAdams,  Mahershala Ali, Carmen Ejogo, Stephen Dorff and many more.

https://screenod.com/eccleston-true-detective/?fbclid=IwAR2-CfX47ryJcD3lskNP-G2ZbQmhD4IP8Py-E5gdz0cJnBQJvTRG0mRoKt0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version