Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

Question(s) for Johnny Apollo

(1/16) > >>

Butterbean:
Hi Johnny,
I just saw your post in reply to me on the GT board re: you used to be a Christian.  I thought I'd continue that conversation over here on the proper board if you don't mind.

When I asked you if you had (earlier in your life) believed you were a sinner and accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior your response was that you "used to be a big Jesus Freak."

So my first question is:  Back then, did you believe that you were a sinner in need of a savior, and did you accept what Jesus did by dying on the cross for your sins and rising again?  Did you indeed accept Him as your savior?

****please only answer what you are comfortable with, and if you would prefer, we could PM****

Johnny Apollo:
I went through the whole "accepting jesus as your savior" phase. At the time I didn't think twice about it so I never realized how it made absolutely no sense. I always thought I was a sinner everytime I lied or cheated or what have you. I always felt guilty whenever i'd do the most trivial things that hurt no one.

Then I realized christianity is bullshit and felt guilty no longer for victimless acts.

Butterbean:

--- Quote from: Johnny Apollo on April 15, 2006, 02:45:22 PM ---

Then I realized christianity is bullshit and felt guilty no longer for victimless acts.

--- End quote ---

Is there a course of events that made you change your mind?  If so, would you please share them? 

Did you attend a Catholic church?

Oliver Klaushof:
Shut up Stella.

Johnny Apollo:

--- Quote from: STella on April 15, 2006, 05:10:39 PM ---Is there a course of events that made you change your mind?  If so, would you please share them? 

Did you attend a Catholic church?

--- End quote ---

I don't remember since It was so long ago. I went to catholic church for a short time then baptist then methodist. I don't remember the exact chain of events that led me to realizing religion is nonsense.
Do you remember the exact chain of events that led you to realizing santa claus doesn't exist?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version