Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

Wonderful Islamic quotes to help you all through tough times

<< < (4/4)

AbrahamG:
I spoke with my Imam about Good Friday. He told me it's ok for me to celebrate with my family this Friday via Lenten fish fry. Respect for parents is paramount in Islam.

Taffin:

--- Quote from: Phantom Spunker on April 11, 2022, 09:46:45 AM ---This is a great idea. I also look back a lot now and laugh when I think of my misguided Christian ways. These days I actually look forward to praying and attending mosque. Church was so boring! Ridiculous stories, no sense of community, empty, cold, depressing. And no wonder: God wasn't even there!

--- End quote ---

I fear it was worse than that - I have a feeling that Shaitan was... :-\

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: Taffin on April 09, 2022, 03:32:34 AM ---Mashallah 8)

Another thing I've found useful myself is an Auto-Azan (call to prayer) app to remind me of the 5 times a day I should be thinking about praying.  Looking back, it's quite embarrassing how I used to think that Church once a week was enough to show my devotion - what were they thinking..? 

I'm not saying I'm there yet, but I find the consistent reminders focus me on being a better Father, Husband and person daily, while also bringing me closer to God.  The old me would just try to get away with things until Confession, when the clock was just restarted for that week (smh)

The call of the Ummah is persuasive in this crazy world...

--- End quote ---
No racism. They kill everyone equally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version