Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Gym/Stores/Industry Business Board

240. "will outwork you"

<< < (2/3) > >>

Alex23:

--- Quote from: 240 is Back on October 21, 2006, 08:43:55 PM ---you make 150k?
what do you code all day? damn...

--- End quote ---

I'm specialized in Data Warehousing and data integration (ETL). Been doing this for 8 years... Worked For Lexis-Nexis, Oracle, Informatica and now work for Teradata/NCR.  I don't really write code anymore; doing mostly architectural work and high level design.

240 is Back:
holy shit man.

can you recommend the 10 or 20 books that I could master to reach your level?

Alex23:

--- Quote from: 240 is Back on October 21, 2006, 10:24:51 PM ---holy shit man.
can you recommend the 10 or 20 books that I could master to reach your level?

--- End quote ---

This dude is the guru of Data warehousing, good start:  http://www.kimballgroup.com/

Technology wise, .NET is still pretty hot right now; I would focus on that. 80% of our development is based on it

The rest pretty much learned it during my Ms in CS...

Alex23:

--- Quote from: garraeth on October 24, 2006, 12:14:39 AM ---Ahh, you shoulda told me you had a degree in CS before the olympia...we coulda chatted programming. I was there w/ my buddy who does cell phone game programming for a living...and I have my BS in CS. No Masters tho.

--- End quote ---

Yea kinda geeky on the side... only reason I'm still in the bay area. Came here for school and obviously stayed after I graduated. Moving to SD in a couple of months, tired of engineeringm moving on the marketing side for a while...

Petrucci:
how do you guys see the Java Market out there??? here in brazil it is 'THE" thing for a couple years ...
who is more powerfull to you (in terms of getting job and getting more $$). .Net or Java?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version