Getbig Female Info Boards > Open Talk for Girl Discussion

Abortion: to choose or not to choose...

(1/4) > >>

Deedee:
Michigan man accused of ramming car into women's clinic in Iowa
9/12/2006, 11:21 a.m. ET

The Associated Press       
DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) — A man accused of ramming his car into a women's clinic and then setting his car on fire thought it was an abortion clinic, police said Tuesday.

........................ ...

There are approximately 46 million abortions performed throughout the world each year. South Dakota passed a bill outlawing virtually all abortions. It's a felony for a doctor to perform an abortion except in cases where it is necessary to save the woman's life, and there are no exceptions for rape or incest.

Although I would hate to ever be in the position of having to decide, I think it would send women's rights back into the dark ages if this became the status quo.  :'(

Al-Gebra:
When Canada, France, Spain, and the UK become Muslim nations in the near future . . . abortions will be illegal.

Deedee:
Well it's a frightening thought. Although the European countries have always had stricter abortion laws to begin with than Canada does, and certainly in France and the UK, immigrants do not assimilate as well. Hopefully this larger problem will be addressed in the near future so it may not come to that.

Taking Quebec as an example... it's still for the moment, a predominately catholic province, and yet, right to abortion laws have never been in question.

Bigger Business:
people say 'its up to the woman' that a guy should never suggest abortion....forget that, if i dont want a baby with a girl...should that situation arise, i'll make that issue very clear, on the flipside, what if the guy wants the baby and the girl gets an abortion...can he have her charged?

Al-Gebra:
I need to do some work, but a quick response . . .

in our current polarized social climate, assimilation will become more and more difficult. as an unpopular and large minority, Muslims will gain from acting as a bloc when it comes to politics.  In another quarter century, the demographics of all the countries I mentioned will be very different. In the US, fundamental Islam will be held in check by a well-entrenched and popular fundamental Christianity . . . don't know if that's the best solution though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version