Author Topic: question for the dudes on here...  (Read 1413 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
question for the dudes on here...
« on: March 11, 2008, 08:09:52 AM »
i'm thinking about switching my workout time to 730 or 8 pm dues to work.  I'll only have time for one whole meal after my post workout shake. 

does anyone think this will hamper gains cause of going to sleep (no eating) shortly after?

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: question for the dudes on here...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 08:14:50 AM »
i'm thinking about switching my workout time to 730 or 8 pm dues to work.  I'll only have time for one whole meal after my post workout shake. 

does anyone think this will hamper gains cause of going to sleep (no eating) shortly after?

i dont think so doggy, i workout at that time too, just dont take any eca, you wont be able to sleep :)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 10:33:01 AM »
Yup, I work out at 9pm and have no problem gaining.  I do have problems sleeping sometimes though even not being on stimulants.  On the days where I have really good workouts my CNS is still firing pretty hard and it takes a while to get to sleep.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 10:55:15 AM »
imo...the timing doesnt matter one iota.   all that matters is that your properly stimulate growth.

(satelite cells have no idea whether its one o clock in the mornign o 5 oclock in the afternoon)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 10:58:45 AM »
thanks guys..

i guess i'm just more concerned that i won't be feeding myself as much after a 8pm workout as i would be, say after a 4pm workout cause of bedtime...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 11:04:32 AM »
you dont have to worry about getting fat just because your going to sleep. you still have empty glycgen, and your insulin sensitivity is still very sharp, and protien asynthesis is still stimulated...   my advice would be to go home and have a big steak, and a bowl of otameal with some flax seed mixed in it...wait a couple hours, then take some whey/casien with a little more flax in it and hit the hay

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 11:10:48 AM »
youre missing my point.

i like to workout generally earlier bc then i have the whole day to eat and recover.  Working out at night i won't have all those meals coming in after i workout cause i'll be in bed.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 11:14:27 AM »
well you would be wrong in thinking that your recovering during the day anyways. you grow at night. not during the day. the most you can hope for during periods of activity is to remain out of catabolism. unless your consuming a huge amount of calories, you wont grow while your up and moving around doing stuff.   and then youll be getting fat.     ...go to sleep with some efa's, plenty of protein, and filled up glycogen stores and youll be fucking GOOD TO GO

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 11:55:55 AM »

So, you will be able to get your post workout shake and one other whole meal about an hour later? No hamper what so ever. If you were not able to get at least a shake in, then you should worry but shake and a meal, you are good bro!

Only thing is you might have trouble falling asleep until you get used to training that late. :(

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 11:00:07 PM »
i workout

that part was kind of funny

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 01:28:18 AM »
You sound like you're on the same kind of schedule as me so I'll just lay out exactly what I do to combat catabolism.

I work midnights and I get home around 3:00 am, the gym opens at  5:30 am.  Here goes....

3:30 - Carb meal -  Usually consists of bananas or pineapple.
4:30 - Protein Meal -  Usually just a shake or a couple of eggs, nothing too heavy because I'll be working out in about and hour.
6:00 - Immediately after workout - BCAAs with some carbs - the carbs fluctuate depending on the muscle group,  if it's a leg day I have more carbs post workout.
6:30 - I'll have a steak, some ground beef, turkey maybe, just a high protein meal with some greens.

Right before bed I'll mix up a protein blend with some  heavy cream and peanut butter ,  I'll drink this and hit the sheets.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 01:54:50 AM »

heavy cream and peanut butter

Wow. are you doing some serious bulking at the moment?
It hasn't helped...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 07:40:32 AM »
Wow. are you doing some serious bulking at the moment?
fats at night wont hurt you at all.  you have 6-10 hours to burn them off. and when you sleep you release huge amounts of gh and testosterone...that combination, plus the protein synthesis process, plus the bmr of our muscles(which run entirely off of fat while we sleep), will eat through a shit load of fat at night time.

that being said...i still wouldnt do peanut butter and heavy whipping cream befor ei go to sleep. youll build muscle just as efficiently if you give your body a small amount of omega3's...and youll burn into stored body fat at the same time.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 07:46:42 AM »
I take a gram of fish oil and a spoonful of peanut butter but I have to say that what he's taking seems like overkill to me.  After all a calorie is still a calorie
It hasn't helped...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 08:06:40 AM »
I take a gram of fish oil and a spoonful of peanut butter but I have to say that what he's taking seems like overkill to me.  After all a calorie is still a calorie

LOLOLOL!!

no. a calorie is definitely not a calorie, bro. you have to think about how said calorie effects the body. its production of hormones, its calorie output, how efficiently it can be utilized, and how it interacts with circulating metabolic hormones..

for example, sugar calories spike insulin, lower gh, lower camp, boost seratonin..
for example, fat calories boost acetyl coa, raise gh, raise camp, baseline insulin, turn on the production of hormones
for example, protein calories force the body to burn calories, raise glucagon, raise gh, baseline insulin, stimulate protien synthesis...

a calorie is not a calorie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 08:08:30 AM »
LOLOLOL!!

no. a calorie is definitely not a calorie, bro. you have to think about how said calorie effects the body. its production of hormones, its calorie output, how efficiently it can be utilized, and how it interacts with circulating metabolic hormones..

for example, sugar calories spike insulin, lower gh, lower camp, boost seratonin..
for example, fat calories boost acetyl coa, raise gh, raise camp, baseline insulin, turn on the production of hormones
for example, protein calories force the body to burn calories, raise glucagon, raise gh, baseline insulin, stimulate protien synthesis...

a calorie is not a calorie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a 17 years old is not a doctor...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 08:19:08 AM »
another geat example would be that fish oil you referenced...a calorie of fish oil boosts metabolic rate and boosts fatty acid metabolism...   so basically, that is  NEGATIVE CALORIE.

alot of vegetables have a negative calorie effect as well. broccoli for example, takes more calories to digest than it actually contains.

protein, almost always, will result in less bodyfat(lean cuts of protein).

calories dont matter.

macro nutrients do

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 08:27:09 AM »
Thanks guys....my question answered.

--End of Thread--