Author Topic: Wisconsin Posts Biggest US Job Loss, As Gov. Scott Walker Fights For His Job  (Read 2239 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Wisconsin posts biggest US job loss, as Gov. Scott Walker fights for his job
Wisconsin lost 23,900 jobs between March 2011 and March 2012, according to data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. It also lost more private-sector jobs than any other state.
 By Mark Guarino - CSM
April 25, 2012

While Wisconsin Gov, Scott Walker (R) fights to keep his job in a recall election scheduled for June, he is being forced to confront a harsh reality in his state: It lost more jobs during the past 12 months than any other state in the United States.

Wisconsin lost 23,900 jobs between March 2011 and March 2012, according to data released Tuesday by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. The state’s lead in job losses is significantly greater than the rest of the 50 states: No other state lost more than 3,500 jobs.

The majority of the losses in Wisconsin, 17,800, were in the public sector. However, the state lost more private-sector jobs, 6,100, than any other state. The only other states to report private-sector job losses in the same time period (instead of private-sector gains) were Mississippi and Rhode Island.

Governor Walker has been campaigning on a message that jobs are up in Wisconsin, responding to positive data for January and February that 17,000 jobs were added in his state. The loss of 4,300 jobs in March reversed that trend.

“We understand, it’s not the government that creates jobs; it’s the people who create jobs. The best thing we can do is get government out of the way,” Walker told the Illinois Chamber of Commerce in Springfield last week.

<snip>

More: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/Governors/2012/0425/Wisconsin-posts-biggest-US-job-loss-as-Gov.-Scott-Walker-fights-for-his-job

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Wisconsin posts biggest US job loss, as Gov. Scott Walker fights for his job
Wisconsin lost 23,900 jobs between March 2011 and March 2012, according to data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. It also lost more private-sector jobs than any other state.
 By Mark Guarino - CSM
April 25, 2012

While Wisconsin Gov, Scott Walker (R) fights to keep his job in a recall election scheduled for June, he is being forced to confront a harsh reality in his state: It lost more jobs during the past 12 months than any other state in the United States.

Wisconsin lost 23,900 jobs between March 2011 and March 2012, according to data released Tuesday by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. The state’s lead in job losses is significantly greater than the rest of the 50 states: No other state lost more than 3,500 jobs.

The majority of the losses in Wisconsin, 17,800, were in the public sector. However, the state lost more private-sector jobs, 6,100, than any other state. The only other states to report private-sector job losses in the same time period (instead of private-sector gains) were Mississippi and Rhode Island.

Governor Walker has been campaigning on a message that jobs are up in Wisconsin, responding to positive data for January and February that 17,000 jobs were added in his state. The loss of 4,300 jobs in March reversed that trend.

“We understand, it’s not the government that creates jobs; it’s the people who create jobs. The best thing we can do is get government out of the way,” Walker told the Illinois Chamber of Commerce in Springfield last week.

<snip>

More: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/Governors/2012/0425/Wisconsin-posts-biggest-US-job-loss-as-Gov.-Scott-Walker-fights-for-his-job

How would unions have helped in this situation? They are the ones leading this recall.  Yet, Walker seems to be on his way to winning again.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
How would unions have helped in this situation? They are the ones leading this recall.  Yet, Walker seems to be on his way to winning again.

Some would say his lack of leadership or ability to control his own damn state led to the economic uncertainty.   

Can't blame the dems - other republican governors didn't collapse under the weight of the liberals, like he did.

Fact is, if he can't control his state, and he can't inspire economic confidence and therefore growth, his ass is a poor choice for governor.

No matter which party is in there - it should be someone who can choose the direction to take and GET SHIT DONE.  If killing the unions is a "win", why is he LAST in job creation.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Some would say his lack of leadership or ability to control his own damn state led to the economic uncertainty.   

Can't blame the dems - other republican governors didn't collapse under the weight of the liberals, like he did.

Fact is, if he can't control his state, and he can't inspire economic confidence and therefore growth, his ass is a poor choice for governor.

No matter which party is in there - it should be someone who can choose the direction to take and GET SHIT DONE.  If killing the unions is a "win", why is he LAST in job creation.

What is the total economic picture for Wisconsin since his election?

Your post is idiotic. He is controlling the state, why, because he was elected and he will win handily in this recall election. If that isn't the people of Wisconsin doubling down on Gov. Walker, then I don't know what to tell you.

And who are the "some" in "Some would say", exactly? What lack of leadership?

Please stop making things up.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120531/GPG03/205310464/Gov-Scott-Walker-says-feds-confirm-higher-state-job-numbers

More 240 lies debunked. 

This asshole should be banned for posting lie after lie but Hugo would rather complain about you.

What a fucking rat.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
This asshole should be banned for posting lie after lie but Hugo would rather complain about you.

What a fucking rat.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LASST55000003

More 240 lies torn to shreds.   

I can't believe i once thought him to be a serious person.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LASST55000003

More 240 lies torn to shreds.   

I can't believe i once thought him to be a serious person.   

BUMP 

240 - DO YOU ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Why did the CS Monitor print this?

a vast right wing conspiracy?   i Trust them for news.

Are you guys saying CSM is a poor new organization?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Why did the CS Monitor print this?

a vast right wing conspiracy?   i Trust them for news.

Are you guys saying CSM is a poor new organization?

I'm saying this story is totally fos and is still one of the reasons most liberals and leftists are so stupid.  We knew last week Walkers' claims on jobs were confirmed by hard data.

but nnnnooooooo, the leftists and union radicals still ie their asses off.  Can't wait till he landslides those communists tommorow and obama has another little hint whats coming in november.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
lol

Here is another one:

George Will Schools Krugman on Gov. Walker: $3 Billion Deficit 'He Inherited' Has 'Become a Surplus'
By Noel Sheppard | June 03, 2012

New York Times columnist Paul Krugman got another much-needed education from syndicated columnist George Will on ABC's This Week Sunday.

After Krugman impugned Gov. Scott Walker (R-Wisc.) for his so-called "fiscal irresponsibility," Will simply and quite accurately responded, "A more than $3 billion budget that he inherited, a deficit, has now become a surplus" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS, HOST: We have a couple minutes left before we have to take a break, and I just quickly want to go to you, George Will, because you're calling this recall election in Wisconsin, coming up on Tuesday, Governor Scott Walker, the Republican, facing a recall, the second most important election this year.

GEORGE WILL: Yes, because it's a microcosm of what the country faces, an attempt to change the trajectory of the public sector. You have this extraordinary conflict there where unions are defending their privileged position. And it does look as though Wisconsin people are going to try and take that back.

The man running against Scott Walker, Mayor Barrett of Milwaukee, has used the Walker reforms to save $19 million in the Milwaukee budget itself, so he's running against a man whose reforms he's emulating and using.

PAUL KRUGMAN, NEW YORK TIMES: And yet, of course, Walker is proposing tax cuts that will do much more to hurt the budget than any of these alleged savings. So this is -- it is a microcosm. It is -- it's not -- it's not fiscal responsibility versus irresponsibility. It is a vision of what kind of country you want to have and whether we're going to redistribute income upwards.

WILL: A more than $3 billion budget that he inherited, a deficit, has now become a surplus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/06/03/george-will-schools-krugman-gov-walker-3-billion-deficit-he-inherited

MM2K

• Getbig IV
Man, check out this story about the recall. It has made people so passionate that it has ruined decades old friendships. Crazy. Im as hardcore political as it gets, but I dont let it ruin my friendships. There are people I work with that I like that are liberals. Maybe its becuase Im a bit more of a moderate conservative rather than a far right wing conservative. For instance, I partially understand thier hatred for Rick Santorum, even though overall I view Santorum in a positive way, in spite of his major flaws.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303506404577444372709448302.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsTop
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Man, check out this story about the recall. It has made people so passionate that it has ruined decades old friendships. Crazy. Im as hardcore political as it gets, but I dont let it ruin my friendships. There are people I work with that I like that are liberals. Maybe its becuase Im a bit more of a moderate conservative rather than a far right wing conservative. For instance, I partially understand thier hatred for Rick Santorum, even though overall I view Santorum in a positive way, in spite of his major flaws.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303506404577444372709448302.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsTop

My disgust for Obama has ruined some friendships. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I'm saying this story is totally fos and is still one of the reasons most liberals and leftists are so stupid.  We knew last week Walkers' claims on jobs were confirmed by hard data.  

why do you believe the CHRISTIAN science monitor would lie about such a thing?

They're pretty doggone concervative.  Which facts from their article are wrong, specifically?

It's easy to say "They're dumb, see this like".  It's a little tougher to say "Here is a fact proving what they said in line #12 is wrong".
You have not met that burden of proof.

I trust the CSM as a stalwart of strong conservative news, they are very reliable.  Prove them wrong please.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

He didn't kill the "unions". He gave a choice to the citizens of Wisconsin and it seems many of them have decided to leave those unions. In the past, they didn't have a choice. Now they do. Why do you hate freedom?

He also balanced the budget. Took over  a deficit and turned it into a surplus. How is that bad? Oh, because public unions might disappear. So what? Public unions should not exist. Sometimes they are the main reason why city after city are bankrupt. They are unwilling to make concessions in the face of fiscal difficulties.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
why do you believe the CHRISTIAN science monitor would lie about such a thing?

They're pretty doggone concervative.  Which facts from their article are wrong, specifically?

It's easy to say "They're dumb, see this like".  It's a little tougher to say "Here is a fact proving what they said in line #12 is wrong".
You have not met that burden of proof.

I trust the CSM as a stalwart of strong conservative news, they are very reliable.  Prove them wrong please.

I just think they were lazy, like most in the MSM.    

Again - I posted the hard date from bls website of actual people working etc.  

I hope walker wins huge today to Shut up all the cry baby thug leftist morons and next on to getting obama "living on a prayer" out next.