Author Topic: Condi Rice will return to White House for private meeting with Obama  (Read 2252 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Rice will return to White House for private meeting with Obama
www.washingtonpost.com

________________________ __________________

By Anne E. Kornblut
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, October 14, 2010; 9:37 PM

Partisan tensions are running high, but one top Bush adviser is being welcomed at the White House on Friday: Condoleezza Rice.

Rice, the former secretary of state and George W. Bush's first national security adviser, is scheduled to hold a private meeting with Obama at 3:45 p.m. A White House spokesman, Tommy Vietor, said the meeting - their first in the Oval Office - came about because Rice happened to be in town. "They'll discuss a range of foreign-policy issues," he said.

Currently on a book tour with a memoir about her parents, Rice has been careful not to criticize the officials who are now doing her former jobs. Asked by cable-TV host Jon Stewart what she would be doing differently if she were in office, Rice declined to second-guess.

"I am not going to chirp at the people inside," Rice said during Wednesday's appearance on Stewart's "Daily Show." "I know that it's a lot easier out here than it is in there, and these are patriotic people who are trying to do their best every day. They don't need me chirping at them. I think that things are not easy. This is a really tough time for the United States, a tough time for our world, but people are doing their best."

Not every former Bush adviser is so charitable, most notably Karl Rove, who is at the center of an ongoing fight with the Obama White House over midterm campaign funding.

________________________ ________________________ ________

hhhhmmmmmm   -   Maybe Obama is going to ask her to be the Nat. Sec. Advisor after seeing how poorly Donillon has gone over? 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Condi Rice will return to White House for private meeting with Obama
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 08:26:40 AM »
What a difference being out of office makes! I saw her appearance on The Daily Show, and was quite pleasantly surprised I actually liked her. She always had a tendency to make tthe bile rise in my stomache every time she spoke... except when giving racists a thorough dressing down. This time she was actually quite charming.  :)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 08:28:35 AM »
What a difference being out of office makes! I saw her appearance on The Daily Show, and was quite pleasantly surprised I actually liked her. She always had a tendency to make tthe bile rise in my stomache every time she spoke... except when giving racists a thorough dressing down. This time she was actually quite charming.  :)

I always liked her and wish she ran for President.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 08:33:26 AM »
Damn impressive.  

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »
I always liked her and wish she ran for President.   

Despite her "Wait on God" comment to NO residents, ...and despite her claim that "No one could possibly have thought airplanes would be used in an attack" ...despite having delivered a report entitled "Bin Laden determined to attack..."  waitaminute... I'm beginning to dislike her again. lol
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 08:39:18 AM »
Despite her "Wait on God" comment to NO residents, ...and despite her claim that "No one could possibly have thought airplanes would be used in an attack" ...despite having delivered a report entitled "Bin Laden determined to attack..."  waitaminute... I'm beginning to dislike her again. lol

So in August 2001 - what should they have done?  Shut down the nation based upon a guesstimate?   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 08:40:58 AM »
Damn impressive.  

Eeeeek!!!

Now you're skeeering me. Bringing back traumatic memories of being forced to practice the piano as a child.  :'(
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 08:43:26 AM »
I lasted two lessons with a guitar.   ;D   

Seriously - its one of my biggest regrets not sticking with the guitar.  I can only imagine the thrash metal terror I could have been.    LMAO!   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 08:44:05 AM »
So in August 2001 - what should they have done?  Shut down the nation based upon a guesstimate?   

My beef is not so much with her in Agust 2001, ...it was all the lying post 911, and dismantling of the constitution. Do you recall her less than reluctant testimony infront of the 911 commission? That whole was a farce.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 08:45:24 AM »
I lasted two lessons with a guitar.   ;D   

Seriously - its one of my biggest regrets not sticking with the guitar.  I can only imagine the thrash metal terror I could have been.    LMAO!   

You gotta want it for the lessons to take.  :)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 08:46:39 AM »
You gotta want it for the lessons to take.  :)

Yeah, learning to play music is a lot harder than it looks and is very discouraging at first.  I lost interest real quick, sadly. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 09:12:34 AM »

Knowing that the whole situation was FAKE, but lets pretend it wasn't... the least that should have been done is a more serious reaction to the threats should have been taken. As is said BETTER TO ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION". Now look at the end results and tell me if it would NOT have been better to close down those KNOWN vulnerabilities than to be in the situation you are in now?
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 09:14:48 AM »
Knowing that the whole situation was FAKE, but lets pretend it wasn't... the least that should have been done is a more serious reaction to the threats should have been taken. As is said BETTER TO ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION". Now look at the end results and tell me if it would NOT have been better to close down those KNOWN vulnerabilities than to be in the situation you are in now?

That is where I agree with you.     i am more in the 9/11 incompetence/negligence camp than inside job camp. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 09:17:36 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 09:26:09 AM »
you have to wonder why admins don't consult the last team more often.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 09:27:03 AM »
you have to wonder why admins don't consult the last team more often.

Maybe Barack is trolling for a new wife?