Author Topic: Dexter Jackson on New MD Cover!  (Read 9577 times)

Steve Blechman

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Dexter Jackson on New MD Cover!
« on: July 25, 2006, 07:53:58 AM »
I was so happy when Dexter told me he'd decided to do the Olympia.  I know that was a tough decision, considering he still has a bitter taste in his mouth, but I think it was the right one because I think he'll do well.  The judges have been rewarding the smaller aesthetic physiques in 2006, including Phil Heath, Colorado Pro and NY Pro winner, Ironman winner Lee Priest and runner up David Henry and Australian Pro champion Ronny Rockel.  Who knows what could happen?  Ronnie could come in off, or Jay might not be at his best - and let's not forget, Dexter has beaten Jay before!

And let me tell you, the Dexter you're going to see at the Olympia is going to be a Dexter you have never seen before.  Training three days a week is a thing of the past.  Dexter's training harder than he's ever trained before with Marcus Haley - a hardcore, heavy lifting, pro bodybuilder trying to qualify for the O.

Training with Marcus you're going to see a Dexter as good or better than his all-time best.  I predict this will be his all-time best.  He's got no distractions, he's training heavy with a serious training partner who's got the eye of the tiger himself.  Dexter told me he's never been pushed like this.  And that's exactly what Dexter needs, because he hasn't reached his full potential yet.  He's an untapped genetic freak.  He's a mutant freak who never trained as hard as this in his life.  Right now, he's ranked third in the world and he's beaten Jay before.  Who knows?  Ronnie and Jay have to control their guts, so this could be a surprise.  What if Dexter comes in bigger than ever, in his best condition, with that tiny waist?  He could do damage.

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Dexter Jackson on New MD Cover!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 07:58:51 AM »
Good cover. Might be the first one in months that looks like its hasnt been morphed.

Only bb mag worth buying. I just wish you'd include some more practical information on nutrition.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 08:00:19 AM »
you need to put Toney Freeman on the cover................... ....

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 08:00:40 AM »
Wow 2 covers in 2 months...good for him.....

Steve, When are we going to see Rhino on a cover?

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 08:01:49 AM »

Why? He hasnt won shit yet. Or done anything out of the ordinary.

And in terms of marketing what would it achieve. No matter who's on the front they'll be a freak.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 08:02:24 AM »
Smaller guys have been doing well at the smaller shows . Dex looks great and I'm glad he's comming back to the Olympia.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 08:10:49 AM »
Why? He hasnt won shit yet. Or done anything out of the ordinary.

And in terms of marketing what would it achieve. No matter who's on the front they'll be a freak.

"hasn't won shit"
"hasn't done anything out of the ordinary"

........................ ........................ ........................ ...he turned pro..................... ...

........he is 6ft 2 " 300 lbs ........................ ........................ ........................ ............

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 08:15:09 AM »
MD is a great mag!  But one thing...I know its the advertising that makes you the money, but man MD has too many freaking ads!!

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 08:19:52 AM »
"hasn't won shit"
"hasn't done anything out of the ordinary"

........................ ........................ ........................ ...he turned pro..................... ...

........he is 6ft 2 " 300 lbs ........................ ........................ ........................ ............

You've just proved my point.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 08:21:57 AM »
dont buy flex magazine.....come on bro  just let flex keep on falling into bankruptcy....then MD can takeover their athletes with out having to buy that piecee of shit magazine!!! you will add jay cutler ronnie coleman kris dim mustafa muhammad and a whole host of others to the already stellar team you have!!!!!! its only a matter of time before that gay shit "flex" has to stop printing because no one buys it ...

d[-_-]b actin all cool

Slick Vic

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 08:26:17 AM »
MD is a great mag!  But one thing...I know its the advertising that makes you the money, but man MD has too many freaking ads!!
I love how the cover will say 448 Pages! Biggest in the World! and about a hundred of those pages are ads.  :D

Anyway, that's a cool cover shot.  8)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 08:28:11 AM »
Something about all this talk of how the Olympia judges are finally starting to reward aesthetics reminds me of this...

Slick Vic

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 09:40:13 AM »
I don't think they'll be rewarding any aesthetic physique until they hand Ronnie his 9th Sandow trophy.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 10:01:34 AM »
Once again MD puts another one of thier guys on the cover.

SAME OLD SHIT !

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 10:07:48 AM »
I love how the cover will say 448 Pages! Biggest in the World! and about a hundred of those pages are ads.  :D

Anyway, that's a cool cover shot.  8)
Hey Vic...you are completely wrong about that...a hundred of those pages arent just ads...get your facts straight...it's about 300 pages that are ads.

Still the only BB mag worth buying. I just wish he'd lose the Cormier, Henry and the god-awful Badell collumn. Brutally comical...you got Henry claiming how big and strong he is in every issue with a reference to the Hammer Strength Incline Press...you got Gustavo with his arrogance about how he wouldnt ever fathom and looks down upon anyone who would use a belt or take a day off from the gym to rest or use lifting straps or PRETEND like he has never heard of Skip LaCour...fkn phony and then you got Cormier...well...exactly!

The Weekend w/ Ronnie is kind of gay...Ron Harris knows how to stretch out an article.

I do like the writing of John Romano and Dave Palumbo though...however...despi te what Romano says...Louie is still a fkn TOOL.
?

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 10:20:50 AM »
damn MD sucks..MD is by far the worst magazine ever..the quality of the pics r shit and y the hell u all even buy MD...
FLEX on the other hand is the best magazine of all time..it has less ads,awesome photos and amazing articles..every issue there is an article of a new pro..
FLEX MAG RULZ......MD GOES DOWN THE FUCKIN DRAIN...THATS TRUE
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 10:24:12 AM »
Same headings as every month and great use of one color.  That black and white with one color style was cutting edge in 1926.   ::)   Looks like Little Stevie prints that rag up in his daddy's basement.

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 10:25:02 AM »
damn MD sucks..MD is by far the worst magazine ever..the quality of the pics r shit and y the hell u all even buy MD...
FLEX on the other hand is the best magazine of all time..it has less ads,awesome photos and amazing articles..every issue there is an article of a new pro..
FLEX MAG RULZ......MD GOES DOWN THE FUCKIN DRAIN...THATS TRUE
Epic humor!!!

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 10:26:23 AM »
Steve - another great cover and usual, great "book" for September!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 10:27:49 AM »
Flex says brocolli makes you gain 2 inches on your arms, MD says 1200 mg test is what gives you 2 inches on your arms. or am i wrong. i never red MD because we can't get it in Holland.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 10:32:07 AM »
Flex says brocolli makes you gain 2 inches on your arms, MD says 1200 mg test is what gives you 2 inches on your arms. or am i wrong. i never red MD because we can't get it in Holland.

you live in Holland, Mars?
Get Big, or Die Trying

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2006, 10:35:51 AM »

Tony has had a feature article in each of the best two issues - I think he's gotten more than enouhg exposure from MD

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2006, 10:45:18 AM »
FLEX is better than MD.  better articles and pics.  MD is all ads, silly cartoons, and stupid columns that the pro's answer the same questions each month.

they have flex wheeler conduct interviews and write reports and he's a fucking idiot.  stop using the word "dawg". 

the only reason people like MD is bc they thing they are hardcore and like the drugs in MD.  we all know bbers use drugs, but just bc there is some drug infor, doesnt mean its a good mag overall.  buy a fucking science journal if you want all the drug talk. 

also, the black and white morphed photos look real good.   :P
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 10:53:11 AM »
This is how a BB'ing magazine is constructed:

1.) ads
2.) ads
3.) get ripped abs for the summer
4.) ads
5.) get huge guns
6.) ads
7.) paraphrased interview with a pro
8.) ads
9.) ads
10.) Joe Blow's monster mass routine
11.) ads
12.) ads

(sprinkle in some hot fitness chicks)

repeat next month

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 10:55:22 AM »
This is how a BB'ing magazine is constructed:

1.) ads
2.) ads
3.) get ripped abs for the summer
4.) ads
5.) get huge guns
6.) ads
7.) paraphrased interview with a pro
8.) ads
9.) ads
10.) Joe Blow's monster mass routine
11.) ads
12.) ads

When it's a special extra-large issue, it also includes...

13) ads
14) ads
15) ads
16) a fold-out poster of Arnold
17) ads
18) ads