Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 493396 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Look how happy he is!
« Reply #4225 on: July 14, 2020, 02:08:46 PM »
If Trump wins it won't stop but if Biden wins I guarantee it will disappear.

100% right. Me and my step sister were talking about this Sunday, how I’m almost ready to give into the children having tantrums and just not vote this time so Biden can win and everybody can shut the fuck up and go back to normal work/life.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #4226 on: July 14, 2020, 02:34:56 PM »
100% right. Me and my step sister were talking about this Sunday, how I’m almost ready to give into the children having tantrums and just not vote this time so Biden can win and everybody can shut the fuck up and go back to normal work/life.

I want to make two quick points:

(1) If Biden were to win you would have “The Squad” running America.

(2) Got any nude photos of your stepsister?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #4227 on: July 14, 2020, 03:08:28 PM »
The masks are to keep the curve flat and prevent a second wave, not for what you claim.

Also that's a made up graph. The data for England or the UK does not look like this.

its not that far off
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-child-12-among-latest-22220335

and how do you know what we just had wasnt the second wave?
There were a hell of a lot of people with covid symptoms in December and January in the UK that went undiagnosed
starting to wear masks now is like wearing a condom at a baby shower

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4228 on: July 14, 2020, 03:34:09 PM »
its not that far off
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-child-12-among-latest-22220335

and how do you know what we just had wasnt the second wave?
There were a hell of a lot of people with covid symptoms in December and January in the UK that went undiagnosed
starting to wear masks now is like wearing a condom at a baby shower

That graph is for deaths in hospital, not total deaths in England/UK.

There was no wave of death pre March. It was just a slow spread and the deaths wouldn't have stood out amongst flu deaths. However the spread was exponential and that resulted in the dramatic peak in March/April. Also you might need to factor in the Asian version of the virus and the mutated European version which came later around Feb and possibly spreads faster.

Masks might be redundant in the UK as we aren't far off heard immunity, but they are taking no chances because they can't afford another lockdown this winter.

It's okay if you don't understand the science behind, as it seems a lot scientists themselves don't seem to understand fuck all either. Just put any shitty mask on in the shops and go about your business.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #4229 on: July 14, 2020, 03:41:34 PM »

There was no wave of death pre March. It was just a slow spread and the deaths wouldn't have stood out amongst flu deaths. However the spread was exponential and that resulted in the dramatic peak in March/April. Also you might need to factor in the Asian version of the virus and the mutated European version which came later around Feb and possibly spreads faster.

Masks might be redundant in the UK as we aren't far off heard immunity, but they are taking no chances because they can't afford another lockdown this winter.

It's okay if you don't understand the science behind, as it seems a lot scientists themselves don't seem to understand fuck all either. Just put any shitty mask on in the shops and go about your business.

Really they’ve Taken chances all the way through this scam - Here’s a few points for you.

Then why 3mnths on is there a need for masks in shops only ?
They weren’t wearing masks on the London Underground & buses all the way through
And if Masks are so Good why they let some prisoners out early
Or we can’t go visit relatives in care homes if we wear a mask.

Far to many inconsistencies & double standards - it’s a Farce.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4230 on: July 14, 2020, 04:17:08 PM »
Here we go again. Costco was packed with people stocking up for the next shutdown.

"Gov. Kate Brown is expanding Oregon’s statewide face mask policy, requiring that most Oregonians wear masks in outdoor situations when they cannot stay six feet from other people.

As the number of new COVID-19 infections continue to spike, the governor on Monday also announced a statewide limit of 10 people in indoor social gatherings. Those limits would not apply to businesses or worship services, the governor’s office said.

Both regulations take effect Wednesday.

“Today we are sounding the alarm because we are at risk of letting the virus spiral out of control,” Brown said in a press conference. “The question now is whether Oregon will be the next New York or the next Texas.”"

https://www.opb.org/news/article/oregon-coronavirus-covid-19-face-mask-rules/

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4231 on: July 14, 2020, 04:27:05 PM »
Really they’ve Taken chances all the way through this scam - Here’s a few points for you.

Then why 3mnths on is there a need for masks in shops only ?
They weren’t wearing masks on the London Underground & buses all the way through
And if Masks are so Good why they let some prisoners out early
Or we can’t go visit relatives in care homes if we wear a mask.

Far to many inconsistencies & double standards - it’s a Farce.

If you read between the lines you'd be able to figure out that they have been attempting to implement a controlled herd immunity strategy in the UK.

They let the virus peak to a safe level where it wouldn't overwhelm the NHS and then implemented lockdown. They then allowed controlled spread through air travel, public transport and supermarkets during lockdown.They allowed further controlled spread via opening up businesses, allowing protests and small gatherings.

We have reached a stage now where we have or are close to a level of herd immunity and where it won't require any more Countrywide lockdowns. However there are too many unknowns to be 100% certain of this. That's why they are implementing mask use in case the immunity strategy hasn't work.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4232 on: July 14, 2020, 04:27:52 PM »
doing my batman-esque deductive reasoning, i take it that that meme of the old shirtless guy is that old queen who posts here

I just thinks it's amusing that despite all his word filled posts that he's a "zebra"

Zebra sometimes refers to people of mixed races. If you are speaking about me, I am a mix between white and white. Does this make me an albino Zebra?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4233 on: July 14, 2020, 04:31:22 PM »
If you read between the lines you'd be able to figure out that they have been attempting to implement a controlled herd immunity strategy in the UK.

They let the virus peak to a safe level where it wouldn't overwhelm the NHS and then implemented lockdown. They then allowed controlled spread through air travel, public transport and supermarkets during lockdown.They allowed further controlled spread via opening up businesses, allowing protests and small gatherings.

We have reached a stage now where we have or are close to a level of herd immunity and where it won't require any more Countrywide lockdowns. However there are too many unknowns to be 100% certain of this, so they are implementing mask use in case the immunity strategy hasn't work.

That’s a ridiculous answer as to why masks are Supposedly needed only when only shopping.
The Holes in the Fucking Damn are everywhere & so Big That China could get through
Let alone the China Virus.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4234 on: July 14, 2020, 04:32:52 PM »

That’s a ridiculous answer as to why masks are Supposedly needed only when only shopping.
The Holes in the Fucking Damn are everywhere & so Big That China could get through
Let alone the China Virus.

It's only ridiculous if you lack an understanding of basic scientific principles.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4235 on: July 14, 2020, 04:34:50 PM »
It's only ridiculous if you lack an understanding of basic scientific principles.

Then you are most certainly lacking a lot.

Try harder to understand.

Common sense & scientific principles aren’t that Difficult for you are they.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4236 on: July 14, 2020, 04:39:20 PM »

You Wear you’re mask & be scared of your own shadow if you want - Good for you if it works.

I’m looking at the Facts & Figures & the haphazard implementation of different things
& it is full of Contradictions & holes.

I’ll carry on Questioning & possibly disbelieving what’s said & done - That works for Me.

Very Clearly Opinions Vary.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4237 on: July 14, 2020, 04:45:50 PM »
Then you are most certainly lacking a lot.

Try harder to understand.

Common sense & scientific principles aren’t that Difficult for you are they.

You were the dumbdumb who started this thread.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=664922.0

You can't interpret data so it's no surprise you fail to understand anything science related.

Carry on bro and remember

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4238 on: July 14, 2020, 04:54:23 PM »
You were the dumbdumb who started this thread.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=664922.0

You can't interpret data so it's no surprise you fail to understand anything science related.

Carry on bro and remember

Ahhh and here we have Mr Flexacon a Living Genius & Legend in his own mind 🙄
Creator of the Universe & Current Mr Clever Clogs & Mr Knowitall

Is only you on Getbig that can understand Science. 🙄

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Good day to you 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻 I’ve wastedEnough time on you I’d rather watch paint dry.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #4239 on: July 14, 2020, 05:04:18 PM »
when I say "zebra" I'm kinda sorta referring to occam's razor

I remember hearing this in a episode of Law and Order:SVU and Stabler talking about "zebras"

I forgot what he exactly said but I googled "occam's razor zebra" and boom: the zebra rule

"when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.”

-that picture
-this is a website that's dedicated to male bodybuilding

I don't care how much you try to wax poetic about politics or how many words you use: ......you can't cover up the fact that you're just a thirsty old queen on a muscular penis board yo....fuck outta here with the wise old sage shit

so stop flexing like you're fucking Steven Pinker when in reality you want to be fucking steven pinker

EDIT: btw- I'm more of a Law and Order:CI guy

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4240 on: July 14, 2020, 05:28:33 PM »

Ahhh and here we have Mr Flexacon a Living Genius & Legend in his own mind 🙄
Creator of the Universe & Current Mr Clever Clogs & Mr Knowitall

Is only you on Getbig that can understand Science. 🙄

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Good day to you 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻 I’ve wastedEnough time on you I’d rather watch paint dry.

Breathing in the paint fumes would explain your lack of brain cells. Maybe you should wear a mask dumb dumb.

And the irony of a 12,000 count poster talking about "wasted time" to a 2,000 count poster...

Then again maybe I'm expecting too much from a dumb dumb like you to pick up on stuff like this.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4241 on: July 14, 2020, 07:24:58 PM »
Pfizer and BioNTech's COVID vaccine candidates have been given fast track status by the FDA.  Moderna Inc was given fast track status for it's COVID-19 vaccine in May.

The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, like the Moderna vaccine, is based on a technology called messenger RNA, which uses a key genetic messenger found in cells to create protein that the immune system then learns to attack.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/pfizer-biontechs-covid-vaccine-candidates-fast-tracked-by-fda

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/01/covid-19-vaccine-from-pfizer-and-biontech-shows-positive-results/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4242 on: July 14, 2020, 07:27:47 PM »
You Wear you’re mask & be scared of your own shadow if you want - Good for you if it works.

I’m looking at the Facts & Figures & the haphazard implementation of different things
& it is full of Contradictions & holes.

I’ll carry on Questioning & possibly disbelieving what’s said & done - That works for Me.

Very Clearly Opinions Vary.

Yes you should definitely do this if it works for you. But, will you be wearing a mask when you go out in public? Not for yourself, because we all know you aren't afraid of you shadow, but for the folks you encounter to whom you might give the gift of COVID-19?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4243 on: July 14, 2020, 08:02:35 PM »
Why Millions Of Potatoes Are Being Thrown Away During The Pandemic

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4244 on: July 14, 2020, 09:38:45 PM »
Yes you should definitely do this if it works for you. But, will you be wearing a mask when you go out in public? Not for yourself, because we all know you aren't afraid of you shadow, but for the folks you encounter to whom you might give the gift of COVID-19?

Nope - why would I ?  I’ve carried on working all the way through - Having been around many
Staff & Children who have continued to go to a private school, if I was going to get it & suffer
Badly the chances are very high I would’ve done by Now.

I could also bump into someone who could pass on the gift of a 101 other infections
I don’t want - and that’s been the case for the last 59yrs of my Life without wearing a Mask.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4245 on: July 14, 2020, 10:44:53 PM »
How Effective Against Coronavirus Are Face Shields Compared To Masks?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4246 on: July 15, 2020, 03:26:26 AM »
First COVID-19 vaccine tested in US poised for final testing

The experimental vaccine, developed by Fauci’s colleagues at the National Institutes of Health and Moderna Inc., will start its most important step around July 27: A 30,000-person study to prove if the shots really are strong enough to protect against the coronavirus.

But Tuesday, researchers reported anxiously awaited findings from the first 45 volunteers who rolled up their sleeves back in March. Sure enough, the vaccine provided a hoped-for immune boost.

Those early volunteers developed what are called neutralizing antibodies in their bloodstream -- molecules key to blocking infection -- at levels comparable to those found in people who survived COVID-19, the research team reported in the New England Journal of Medicine.

“This is an essential building block that is needed to move forward with the trials that could actually determine whether the vaccine does protect against infection,” said Dr. Lisa Jackson of the Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute in Seattle, who led the study.

There’s no guarantee but the government hopes to have results around the end of the year -- record-setting speed for developing a vaccine.

The vaccine requires two doses, a month apart.

There were no serious side effects. But more than half the study participants reported flu-like reactions to the shots that aren’t uncommon with other vaccines -- fatigue, headache, chills, fever and pain at the injection site. For three participants given the highest dose, those reactions were more severe; that dose isn’t being pursued.

Some of those reactions are similar to coronavirus symptoms but they’re temporary, lasting about a day and occur right after vaccination, researchers noted.

https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus/2020/07/first-covid-19-vaccine-tested-in-us-poised-for-final-testing.html

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4247 on: July 15, 2020, 07:01:42 AM »

Fuck me , you still believe what this government is telling you after the monumental fuck ups ,lies and cover ups.

Seriously?

I have already got my exemption from wearing a mask, anyone can get one, carry it with you

Just explain you have a hidden disability, they cant even ask you what it is as they would be in breach of the DDA.

They can still refuse you entry to the shop but they could then find themselves on the end of a huge fine for discrimination.
https://shop.disabilityhorizons.com/products/ppe/mask-exemption-travel-card-lanyard-or-clip-badge/

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4248 on: July 15, 2020, 07:49:59 AM »
Fuck me , you still believe what this government is telling you after the monumental fuck ups ,lies and cover ups.

Seriously?

I have already got my exemption from wearing a mask, anyone can get one, carry it with you

Just explain you have a hidden disability, they cant even ask you what it is as they would be in breach of the DDA.

They can still refuse you entry to the shop but they could then find themselves on the end of a huge fine for discrimination.
https://shop.disabilityhorizons.com/products/ppe/mask-exemption-travel-card-lanyard-or-clip-badge/

The whole thing is idiotic. In a restaurant you have to wear it until you get to your table and then you can take it off. On a plane you have to wear it unless you’re going to eat or drink something.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4249 on: July 15, 2020, 08:16:14 AM »

Seriously?

Lol, come on now mate. I was telling people on here the virus was spreading  much earlier than most western governments claimed and before the new research came out, but people didn't wanna believe it.

The Virus was likely around in Jan/Feb in a lot of places. Itt just wasn't yet diagnosed.

I was saying months ago that masks work only if everyone wears them, but they present their own dangers.

Masks can work if everyone wears them, but not everyone can or will wear them, so it's pointless and can even be detrimental if you're a healthy person. I stated a month back I wasn't wearing one.

Having to wear a mask will suck. I will be refusing/avoiding it where possible even if that means I have to walk 2 hours to get to work instead of taking the train.

As usual most of you are late to the party, but still fail to understand the nuances of what's going on.

Also just because I explain the science and supposed rationale behind government policy decisions doesn't mean I think they will work, or that they don't have an ulterior motive.