Author Topic: George Floyd - Death by Cop. Knee's his neck for 8+ minutes!  (Read 71525 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Death by cop?
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2020, 01:50:11 PM »
wow- they really overcompensated after kirby puckett died

Many in the AA community dont consider Kirby Puckett black, its mostly baseball related. So I did not include the Twins.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2020, 01:52:14 PM »
dont consider Kirby Puckett black

nigga now you're just straight up trolling with that

Jizmonkey

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2020, 02:52:14 PM »
nigga now you're just straight up trolling with that
Maybe he meant Sammy Sosa

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2020, 03:22:27 PM »
Brutal 10" arms on the cop.

There are adolescent girls with more muscle. 

His physique disgusts me.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2020, 03:29:39 PM »
there's black people in minnesota?!.....when did this happen

Your confusing Minnesota with New Hampshire. :D

Fucking bullshit. The cop acts irresponsible and now because he was white and the guy was black, that’s all we will hear about this incident. It’s stoking the flames in our country and completely unnecessary. Cop needs to be made an example of quick.

My point exactly.

"Police said the man matched the description of a suspect in a forgery case and resisted arrest. The unidentified officer ignores his pleas. "Please, please, please, I can't breathe. Please, man," the man is heard telling the officer."

Cop was not paying attention or listening to anyone. All he had to do was roll him on his side as mentioned earlier.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2020, 03:42:37 PM »
I don't think that knee was the cause of his death.  More likely, drugs, and a bad heart.   

At the point he went unconscious, they should have provided aid.   :-\

There's literally a video of him being choked to death with a knee over his neck and your conclusion is that the knee had nothing to do with his death?

What evidence there is that it was drugs and/or heart problems?

You are either a troll or an idiot.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2020, 03:58:40 PM »
STFU you racist piece of shit ,if someone is telling you that he can't breathe you should help him , you don't keep choking the guy .

You've obviously never been held in that position. The knee to the back of the head/neck is not why he couldn't breathe. According to the article he had stopped resisting so the cop should have removed the knee and switched to a different position to control him. More than likely they will find drugs in his system when they do an autopsy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2020, 04:15:09 PM »
You've obviously never been held in that position. The knee to the back of the head/neck is not why he couldn't breathe. According to the article he had stopped resisting so the cop should have removed the knee and switched to a different position to control him. More than likely they will find drugs in his system when they do an autopsy.

And that's what the MN cop trainer said.

“It used to be a training method used quite a bit. The reason was it was, was if you can control the head you can control the body,” Masson said.

Masson is a former Minneapolis Park police officer who now teaches law enforcement training. With just a short video clip to go on, Masson said some context may be missing. But she said officers are taught to be careful of the neck and back.

“We would teach that but once the person was under control, the threat was stopped, then we would release that move,” Masson said.

Minneapolis police said use of force incidents dropped from 2009 to 2018, and only about .3% of all calls during that time were use of force. But it’s how that force is used that’s being debated.

“Certainly any downward pressure directly on the neck would be problematic,” Tom Aveni said.

Aveni is a retired police officer and use of force expert. Like Masson, he said there isn’t a lot of context to go on, but he said when someone is having difficulty breathing officers need to pay attention.

“That’s not a position to keep someone in very long anyway. If you have someone in a prone position and they are restrained, get them on their side as quickly as possible. That’s generally what you do when the handcuffs are applied,” Masson said.

This case is drawing comparisons to Eric Garner’s 2014 death in New York.

airman23

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2020, 04:30:46 PM »
No matter the race, no matter what he did, there is no need to be putting a knee on his neck once he is handcuffed. Lol @ the he might be kicking or spitting argument... yep that's a good reason to kill someone.

If you can't handle a suspect that is handcuffed with hands behind his back this is not a job for you.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2020, 04:35:10 PM »
btw- can someone tell me what happened in video?

I stopped watching after I came

I'm on pain meds for my back and admittedly a little high right now.  Hence, the reason I cannot quit laughing at this comment!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2020, 04:42:29 PM »
And that's what the MN cop trainer said.

“It used to be a training method used quite a bit. The reason was it was, was if you can control the head you can control the body,” Masson said.

Masson is a former Minneapolis Park police officer who now teaches law enforcement training. With just a short video clip to go on, Masson said some context may be missing. But she said officers are taught to be careful of the neck and back.

“We would teach that but once the person was under control, the threat was stopped, then we would release that move,” Masson said.

Minneapolis police said use of force incidents dropped from 2009 to 2018, and only about .3% of all calls during that time were use of force. But it’s how that force is used that’s being debated.

“Certainly any downward pressure directly on the neck would be problematic,” Tom Aveni said.

Aveni is a retired police officer and use of force expert. Like Masson, he said there isn’t a lot of context to go on, but he said when someone is having difficulty breathing officers need to pay attention.

“That’s not a position to keep someone in very long anyway. If you have someone in a prone position and they are restrained, get them on their side as quickly as possible. That’s generally what you do when the handcuffs are applied,” Masson said.

This case is drawing comparisons to Eric Garner’s 2014 death in New York.

Once he stopped resisting he should have been moved. However I still believe the coroner will find drugs in his system. Another story says he was known to have a drug issue...True?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2020, 05:00:36 PM »
I think an autopsy will prove this was a Covid related death.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2020, 05:07:58 PM »
I think an autopsy will prove this was a Covid related death.

We have a winner!  The scammers will have to rule it thus. Plannedemic, ya know.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Let's see - they arrested him for a 'forgery' issue, not a violet one.  They say he resisted arrest. The video shows him saying I can't breathe not moving with handcuffs? Obviously in pain?  The officer puts a knee into his neck, definitely blocking airflow and not caring. Even when confronted by quite a few people telling him - what the hell, he does NOT care.  Even when the guy is passed out, he DOES NOT care.

No matter what the race, this officer committed murder. That simple.  There is NO reason why he continued to apply pressure on his neck, for over 5 minutes, without the guy moving. Did he not know what he was doing? This officer wanted to prove to this guy and others that he was the man, that you should not talk back or demand why they are arrested him, and they took him down, to the ground.  And the other officers around him? WTF? Are they too scared to say anything to this fellow officer for fear of being 'against the blue'.

It is this type of officer that makes many of the good guys just look bad.  It is this guy, the 1%, that ruin it for others. 

che

• Getbig V
Let's see - they arrested him for a 'forgery' issue, not a violet one.  They say he resisted arrest. The video shows him saying I can't breathe not moving with handcuffs? Obviously in pain?  The officer puts a knee into his neck, definitely blocking airflow and not caring. Even when confronted by quite a few people telling him - what the hell, he does NOT care.  Even when the guy is passed out, he DOES NOT care.

No matter what the race, this officer committed murder. That simple.  There is NO reason why he continued to apply pressure on his neck, for over 5 minutes, without the guy moving. Did he not know what he was doing? This officer wanted to prove to this guy and others that he was the man, that you should not talk back or demand why they are arrested him, and they took him down, to the ground.  And the other officers around him? WTF? Are they too scared to say anything to this fellow officer for fear of being 'against the blue'.

It is this type of officer that makes many of the good guys just look bad.  It is this guy, the 1%, that ruin it for others.

Great post Ron

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!

As usual.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
I can't bring myself to watch it.  I can joke and say it'll be attributed to Covid 19 but the reality is a man is dead. Whether or not he was dirty with drugs, he is still dead.

And I do not want to see it.  Just like I didn't want to see some poor soul beheaded by muslime terrorists or when muslimes push homosexuals off a rooftop. 

I take no real pleasure in the death of another person, innocent or guilty, but there is satisfaction in knowing justice is done when a true murderer is put to death. 

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2020, 06:20:14 PM »
Once he stopped resisting he should have been moved. However I still believe the coroner will find drugs in his system. Another story says he was known to have a drug issue...True?

I agree if he was on drugs he should have been killed. There’s no room in society for any drug users. Even if it was aspirin. Or any type of testosterone.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2020, 06:39:22 PM »
The cop had no rational reason to keep the guy under his knee when he was subdued and cuffed..that simple.

I posted the video of the black cop in SC that was shot multiple times by a black thug. No outrage there or when gang members kill women and children (First 48).

This cop caused his own problem whether there is a double standard or not.

x2

Maybe the guy was having a heart attack. Maybe it was a reaction to drugs. Whatever was going on with him physically there was no reason to pin a guy on the ground in handcuffs with your knee on his neck.

Jeeze man, how do these guys get a badge and gun?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Terminated along with his 3 buddies but no 1st degree murder charges and accessories to the crime for the other 3.  Minnesota get your shit straight.  No way they are taught knee to the soft tissue of the neck at the academy.   

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
I'll make this clear as day.   The one thing you learn in training when subduing and arresting someone is NOT TO PUT YOUR HANDS, ELBOWS, AND ESPECIALLY KNEES ON THE NECK!!!!!   You don't fucking do that shit.

Doesn't matter if he was under the influence which I don't believe he was and was likely in an early stage of a heart attack.   The other officers were fired for showing indifference....somethin g that isn't tolerated.
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2020, 07:09:28 PM »
I'm on pain meds for my back and admittedly a little high right now.  Hence, the reason I cannot quit laughing at this comment!

It has nothing to do with the pain meds bro, this is why degens love getbig. If I tried exposing these two posts to my wife, she’d probably think I was derainged.

What’s up with your back?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
4 police officers fired as FBI investigates in-custody death of man in south Minneapolis

MINNEAPOLIS — Federal authorities are investigating a white Minneapolis police officer for possible civil rights violations, after a video surfaced Monday that showed him kneeling on a handcuffed African American man’s neck and ignoring the man’s protests that he couldn’t breathe. The man later died.

The four officers involved in the incident have been fired, Minneapolis mayor Jacob Frey said Tuesday afternoon.
“This is the right call,” Frey wrote in a Twitter post.

An attorney for the man’s family identified him as George Floyd.

“We all watched the horrific death of George Floyd on video as witnesses begged the police officer to take him to the police car and get off his neck,” read the statement from attorney Benjamin Crump, who also represents the families of Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor, two African Americans killed in recent high-profile incidents. “This abusive, excessive and inhumane use of force cost the life of a man who was being detained by the police for questioning about a nonviolent charge.”

Officials have not publicly named the officer in question, but two sources familiar with the investigation identified him as Derek Chauvin.

The racially charged incident threatened to reignite tensions between police and minority communities that reached a boiling point in 2015 after the fatal shooting of Jamar Clark and a weekslong protest outside a nearby police station.

In an early morning news conference at City Hall, Police Chief Medaria Arradondo said he asked for the federal probe after watching the video from a bystander and receiving “additional information” about the incident involving several officers, who have since been relieved of duty.

“There was additional information that I had received that quite frankly, from community sources, that just provided more context than I had preliminarily,” he said, without elaborating the nature or source of the information.

Mayor Jacob Frey said at the same news conference it was clear from the video that race played a part in the encounter.
“Being black in America should not be a death sentence,” said Frey. “For five minutes, we watched a white officer press his knee into a black man’s neck. Five minutes. When year hear someone calling for help, you’re supposed to help. This officer failed in the most basic, human sense. What happened on Chicago and 38th last night is awful. It was traumatic. It serves as a reminder of how far we have to go.”

He continued, visibly shaken: “Whatever the investigation reveals, it does not change the simple truth: He should still be with us this morning.”

Because of the nature of the incident and the race of those involved, the FBI will be looking into whether charges could be brought the officer, Frey said.

A message left for an FBI spokesman wasn’t immediately returned on Tuesday morning.

Gov. Tim Walz released a statement saying “the lack of humanity in this disturbing video is sickening. We will get answers and seek justice.”

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said late Tuesday morning that he has his “most veteran prosecutors” assisting with the investigation in consultation with the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

“We promise a thorough, expedited review consistent with our on-going commitment to justice,” read a statement from Freeman, whose office will at some time determine whether state-level charges are warranted. “Every person is entitled to fairness; no person stands above the law.”

Multiple sources identified the other officer who is prominently featured in the video as Tou Thao.

The chain of events that led to the man’s death started about 8 p.m. Monday, when police were called to investigate a report of someone trying to pay with a counterfeit bill at Cup Foods, 3759 Chicago Av., and found the man matching the suspect’s description sitting on the hood of his car, according to police and scanner audio posted online. Officers ordered him out of the car and took him into custody, Elder said, adding that their body cameras were turned on.

The incident was streamed by a bystander on Facebook Live, where the archived footage had been watched nearly 80,000 times as of Tuesday morning. Activists and community members say the video casts doubt on the police’s account and reopens old wounds of race and policing.

The video captures the scene from behind a police SUV, showing the man lying face down on the ground next to the rear passenger wheel, writhing, while repeatedly telling police he couldn’t breathe as they held him down.

“Please, please, please I can’t breathe. Please, man,” the man is heard telling the officer, believed to be Chauvin, his voice sounding strained. At one point, he cries out for his mother.

By then, several other witnesses had gathered on the sidewalk outside of Cup Foods, with several recording the scene on their phones. “Bro, you’ve got him down, let him breathe at least, man,” one bystander is heard telling police.

After several minutes, one of the officers is heard telling the man to “relax.”

“Man, I can’t breathe,” the man responds.

“What do you want?” the officer asks.

“I can’t breathe,” the man says, telling bystanders that he can’t get up and asking officers for water. “My stomach hurt, my neck hurt, everything hurts.”

The video cuts out for several minutes, before resuming. The footage doesn’t capture what led to the man’s arrest, only picking up after he has already been taken to the ground and is in handcuffs.

As the incident drags on, the group of bystanders becomes increasingly agitated, yelling at the officers to let the man go.
About the same time, paramedics arrive and put the man onto a gurney and into a waiting ambulance.

John Elder, the police spokesman, said that the technique used was not a department-authorized chokehold.

“In my years as an officer, that would not be what I would ever consider a chokehold,” said Elder, who is a part-time sheriff’s deputy in another county.

In the chaotic hours after the incident, police issued a news release that was to be sharply contradicted by the bystander footage.

The release said that man, whose identity wasn’t released but who is thought to be in his 40s, died at a nearby hospital a short time after the incident, during which he suffered a medical episode while struggling with officers. Speaking to reporters a few hours after the incident, Elder would not elaborate on whether the man had any pre-existing medical conditions, but said that he appeared to be under the influence of alcohol or a narcotic. He insisted that he was limited in what he could divulge because the case had already been turned over to the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA).

The man got out of the car on his own, but then “physically resisted” officers, Elder said. After they handcuffed him, officers noticed that the man was in “medical distress,” Elder said, and an ambulance was called to the scene.

He later walked back some of those statements, saying they were based on preliminary information.

“We try to put out information as quickly as possibly, information that we wholly believe to be honest and true.” he said. “And as we’re looking a little further we’re realizing there’s more to this.”

All body camera footage has been turned over to the BCA, which investigates most police shootings and in-custody deaths, and the officers involved have been put on paid administrative leave.

In the meantime, the department will also likely undertake its own internal investigation into whether they violated department policies on use of force and the obligation to intervene if they see another officer engaged in misconduct.

So far, little is known about Chauvin’s time with the department. But department records and news accounts show that he has been involved in at least three police-involved shootings over his career with the MPD: Wayne Reyes in 2006, and Leroy Martinez and Ira Latrell Toles, both in 2011.

The BCA said in a news release that its investigation was separate from the FBI’s civil rights investigation, and that it would turn over its findings to the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office for possible criminal charges. The county attorney’s office said through a spokesman that it was monitoring the situation, but had no immediate comment.

The incident drew almost universal condemnation.

“The video of a Minneapolis police officer killing a defenseless, handcuffed man is one of the most vile and heartbreaking images I’ve ever seen,” St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter. “The officer who stood guard is just as responsible as his partner; both must be held fully accountable. This must stop now.”

Nekima Levy-Armstrong, a prominent local activist, said watching the footage made her “sick to her stomach” and called the incident another example of police brutality toward African American men.

“It just reminds me of Eric Garner once again: a black man being accosted by police and pleading for his life saying he couldn’t breathe,” she said, referring to an unarmed New York man who died in 2014 after being placed in a police chokehold. “I’m fully convinced that if police wouldn’t have been called to the scene, then he would still be alive.”

A grand jury later decided against indicting the officers involved, sparking protests around the country. Chokeholds had technically been banned since 1993, but a 2015 report found that the tactic was still commonly used by the city’s officers.
DeVondre Pike says he was heading home from a barbecue when he walked past the block, which was awash in a flashing police lights. He whipped out his phone and started recording the incident’s aftermath.

“I was just worried because this is the neighborhood that I grew up in, because stuff like this happens it kind of scares neighborhood people,” he said in a phone interview. “And I just wanted to do my part so that people could be aware.”
Levy-Armstrong said she was told by witnesses at the scene that the man who died had been involved in some sort of a dispute with the owner of a convenience store across the street before police were called. Whether or not this was true, she said police could have handled the incident differently.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/4-police-officers-fired-as-fbi-investigates-in-custody-death-of-man-in-south-minneapolis/ar-BB14CsXa?ocid=spartandhp&pfr=1

Twaddle

• Getbig V
The video looks to be filmed in the afternoon/evening.  The time of death was 09:25 pm.  Maybe the COVID got him, while in the hospital.   ???

Fortress

• Getbig V
Wanna be shuckin’ and jivin’ and hooting and hollering on the mean streets of a city, you best expect the hammer to come down hard on your ass.

Or neck.

P.S. I wasn’t involved. What the frick do I know. Shitty sitch.