Author Topic: 24-Hour Fitness is officially "24-Hour" again as of March 7.  (Read 1546 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
24-Hour Fitness is officially "24-Hour" again as of March 7.
« on: March 06, 2022, 05:17:41 PM »
Nearly two years after closing down because of the coronavirus pandemic (my last workout before the lockdowns was March 16, 2020), 24-Hour Fitness is back to living up to its name on March 7.

When they reopened in June 2020 (at least here in Orange County, FL), the place only stayed open until 9 pm. The restrictions were in place. You had to make a reservation on the app to train for one hour. Then, you have to leave so the place could be closed down 30 minutes for cleaning. More often than not, the local gyms didn't need the full 30 minutes and let you back inside to train, until the next group was scheduled to arrived.

In August the reservation times were bumped up to 90 minutes; by September, no reservations were needed. A lot of clubs closed (only three in FL; two of which were in Orange/Osceola county and one in Miami). So, the extra staff got relocated.

Last March, 24-Hour Fitness kept their clubs open until 11pm. The only thing that seems to be permanently closed now is the kids' club. Just as well for me, as my son is too old for it anyway.

Now, it's full 24/7 (except on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Eve).

Cook

• Getbig IV
Re: 24-Hour Fitness is officially "24-Hour" again as of March 7.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 05:24:15 PM »
Congratulations man that’s good to hear.I’m so glad I got off my ass and built my home gym before all this shit.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 05:42:25 PM »
Congratulations man that’s good to hear.I’m so glad I got off my ass and built my home gym before all this shit.

I used my neighbor's weight set, on and off. But, I ended up using water jugs, crates full of old magazines, and the pool broom handles in my garage and back yard for weights, until 24-Hour Fitness re-opened in June of 2020.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 06:03:25 PM »
Not all of them here, only the busy ones are 24

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 12:06:35 AM »
i knew this shit was coming back in 1978 when i started building my home gym!!  ;)

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 02:23:28 AM »
Could you share some pictures. Equipments, Brands, set-up, costs etc..?  8)
$

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 03:52:52 AM »
In August the reservation times were bumped up to 90 minutes; by September, no reservations were needed. A lot of clubs closed (only three in FL; two of which were in Orange/Osceola county and one in Miami).

The location in Pembroke Pines closed as well. I moved away before it happened, but still bummed me out to hear as I spent a lot of time in that gym. They build a much bigger location near the Hard Rock Stadium, but ah going to Miami Gardens in the middle of the night is something I wouldn't feel as comfortable doing as I was going to Pines.  But Pines will get to be that way soon enough, sadly.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 03:59:56 AM »
do you ever go really late or really early?  Cant say ive ever had the desire or need to go outside of 5a-10p

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 05:00:13 AM »
do you ever go really late or really early?  Cant say ive ever had the desire or need to go outside of 5a-10p

I did last year after my daughter's birthday party at Universal. I didn't get back home until 10:15 and by the time I got to the gym, I had about 30 minutes to hit the iron, before it closed.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 05:31:55 AM »

I know a group of the second shifters in the ER that used to go to Planet Fitness about 1am after their shifts ended.  But PF hasn't extended their hours to 24 hours again (at least not the one in Ft Lauderdale).  LA Fitness still has shorter hours as well. 

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 05:39:03 AM »
I know a group of the second shifters in the ER that used to go to Planet Fitness about 1am after their shifts ended.  But PF hasn't extended their hours to 24 hours again (at least not the one in Ft Lauderdale).  LA Fitness still has shorter hours as well.

8hr or 12hr shifts?  i was always too wiped out after 12hr shifts to workout

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2022, 05:50:04 AM »
Dollar Tree raises prices to $1.25.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2022, 06:05:46 AM »
Dollar Tree raises prices to $1.25.

joes diapers will cost more now
and he shits himself 24 x 7, so..

fucking braindead libtards, dumbest people on the planet and in history

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2022, 07:11:09 AM »

I may have jumped the gun a bit. It turns out only 11 states (including Florida) have reopened their 24-Hour Fitness clubs back to fully 24 hours. Fortunately, the one where I trained in Orange County is among them.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2022, 01:46:27 PM »
8hr or 12hr shifts?  i was always too wiped out after 12hr shifts to workout

8 hours. 

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2022, 02:07:26 PM »
Busy Body West Boca 24 hrs except for saturday and sunday.
T

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2022, 06:03:46 PM »
The location in Pembroke Pines closed as well. I moved away before it happened, but still bummed me out to hear as I spent a lot of time in that gym. They build a much bigger location near the Hard Rock Stadium, but ah going to Miami Gardens in the middle of the night is something I wouldn't feel as comfortable doing as I was going to Pines.  But Pines will get to be that way soon enough, sadly.

Isn't Pembroke Pines (home of IFBB legend Vince Taylor) near Miami?

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2022, 09:58:38 AM »
Isn't Pembroke Pines (home of IFBB legend Vince Taylor) near Miami?
30 minutes North of Miami. I used to see VT training at my old gym in Weston, Ultimate Sports Institute. The Rock also used to train there.
T

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2022, 11:46:34 AM »
30 minutes North of Miami. I used to see VT training at my old gym in Weston, Ultimate Sports Institute. The Rock also used to train there.

Correct.  He is at LA Fitness in Ft Lauderdale on occassion. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2022, 09:02:43 PM »

Thanks for the clarification. Again, I thought the only three clubs that closed down for good, two years ago, were one in Miami and the two here in Orange/Osceola County (downtown Orlando and Kissimmee, respectively).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2022, 07:54:59 PM »
It was two years ago today that the downtown Orlando 24-Hour Fitness closed for the pandemic (15 days to slow the spread, of course).

It never reopened; same goes for the Kissimmee branch.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2022, 10:42:43 PM »
I used my neighbor's weight set, on and off. But, I ended up using water jugs, crates full of old magazines, and the pool broom handles in my garage and back yard for weights, until 24-Hour Fitness re-opened in June of 2020.

You and your fucking magazines, lol. You're gonna be one of these hoarders who gets crushed to death under an avalanche of shit 90s muscle-mags while searching for 'the secret to monster triceps.' They'll find your semi-decomposed body months later with a picture of Gary Strydom's thong stuck to your face.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2022, 11:14:44 PM »
You and your fucking magazines, lol. You're gonna be one of these hoarders who gets crushed to death under an avalanche of shit 90s muscle-mags while searching for 'the secret to monster triceps.' They'll find your semi-decomposed body months later with a picture of Gary Strydom's thong stuck to your face.

That's a great post.  Years ago here at work this one idiot along with his fat, disgusting, chain smoking wife decided to open a bookstore.  Yeah, a book store when the internet is really catching fire.  Within a few months they were out of business and had a stores worth of books.  They put them in the attic of their garage.  One day, the little woman was up in the attic browsing when BOOM.  The rafters gave out.  She actually landed on a pile of her books that probably saved her from any major injuries.  He came home from work right when it happened and saw the aftermath.  LMFAO.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2022, 12:31:26 PM »

First of all, why should I get rid of my magazines? I like them; they're like baseball cards to me, only they don't appreciate with value over time. Second, my collection only goes waist high; so, my getting crushed just isn't happening.

Third, for trivia's sake, they come in handy when folks try to engage in revisionist history.

And, in case you forgot, the "secret to monster triceps" usually comes every other issue; so it's not that hard to find it.  ;D

That's a great post.  Years ago here at work this one idiot along with his fat, disgusting, chain smoking wife decided to open a bookstore.  Yeah, a book store when the internet is really catching fire.  Within a few months they were out of business and had a stores worth of books.  They put them in the attic of their garage.  One day, the little woman was up in the attic browsing when BOOM.  The rafters gave out.  She actually landed on a pile of her books that probably saved her from any major injuries.  He came home from work right when it happened and saw the aftermath.  LMFAO.

Why would anyone store things THAT HEAVY (boxes of books/magazines) in an upstairs attic in the first place? Mine are in my garage.

Besides, relying solely on the internet for information of any kind is rather ridiculous, especially when it's so easy to hack stuff and alter facts. It's not an either/or issue to me.