Author Topic: How many of you train a bodypart more than once a week?  (Read 9787 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: How many of you train a bodypart more than once a week?
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2020, 08:32:31 AM »
I remember the days when the norm was training a bodypart 2 to 3 times a week. Now it seems the standard is once a week.

I don't do now, but during the early 2000s there were weeks when i trained arms twice a week and some weeks i also did chest twice a week.
Q

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2020, 09:09:01 AM »
How do you like the fake discs? I have two that are degenerated and the arthritis is causing them to fuse naturally. The doctor told me that a natural fusion was the best scenerio for me because it’s non surgical. He said a surgical fusion was better than a disc replacement, although he said he recommended a European version that isn’t approved here yet. He said that disc replacement was better and that he travels abroad at times to perform the surgery.
Well, one of them has been cracked for almost 10 years...so, YMMV...

But that doesn’t really mean anything...I’ve managed to break most things on my body!

Bench

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2020, 10:08:37 AM »
My chest sucks. I train it once a week with typical dumbbells and barbells and machines.

But, every day, I do 4 sets of pushups or 4 sets of resistant bands presses before bed.
Do low incline flyes ( 30 degrees  good stretch) immediately followed by Smith Inclines to the throat........no rest..............rest a minute ......repeat and do nothing else except to finish off with a max rep set of parallel bar dips.

15 reps,12 reps,10 reps,8 reps adding weight each set brief rest periods leave your ego at the door.

Those pushups are bb.com shit and wont do a helluva lot for you my brother.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2020, 10:12:36 AM »
I think if you can train 3 times a week..............you aint training hard enough!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2020, 01:06:39 PM »
never heard of a natural fusion nor that a surgical fusion was better than disc replacement. I know a woman friend who had a disc replacement in the neck not sure exactly where but she said it´s good. she had no choice her arm was numb. so they had to operate. Fusion is the last thing i would do.

When the disc degenerates totally, the bones fuse together. It’s pretty common from what I’ve been told by the spine docs. They’ll do an mri on people and ask them if they realize it and most people don’t. The doc said I’ll probably get some relief from it when it finally happens although the chance of fusion on the above discs become more likely.

I’ve not heard anything positive about the fake discs. My wife almost took a job with Stryker and didn’t because of what she was hearing. The girl that took the job quit within the first year because of the failures.

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2020, 01:24:34 PM »
When the disc degenerates totally, the bones fuse together. It’s pretty common from what I’ve been told by the spine docs. They’ll do an mri on people and ask them if they realize it and most people don’t. The doc said I’ll probably get some relief from it when it finally happens although the chance of fusion on the above discs become more likely.

I’ve not heard anything positive about the fake discs. My wife almost took a job with Stryker and didn’t because of what she was hearing. The girl that took the job quit within the first year because of the failures.
just my suggestion ..get another opinion

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2020, 01:32:07 PM »
when you have a prolapsed disc it can "repair" to a certain point but it will never be what it was

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2020, 03:13:57 PM »
  :D  unless you´re ill or don´t eat properly ..made me howl though.

Or are working 16 hour days, not sleeping properly or getting enough sleep, having complications in life causing stress...

Keep howling.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2020, 03:19:04 PM »
Don’t blame poor life choices on the training.

Lack of sleep is not overtraining

Being out of shape is not overtraining

Lack of hydration is not overtraining

Lack of nutrition is not overtraining

Bodybuilders will never hit overtraining..the work load on the CNS load isn’t there!

Hell, powerlifters who do a lot more lifting with higher loads and sometimes volume who do extremely taxing CNS movements rarely hit overtraining...westside barbell doesn’t schedule days off! And regardless of what the internet tells you, those guys do extremely high volume in person.

Bench

Read my post again. It was not specific to just training with weights. Your body needs a recovery period even if you don't train. That's why everybody needs to sleep every day no matter what they do in life. As I said, "overtraining" simply refers to a specific condition when your body is not recovering enough. Try being a roofer working all day under the hot sun doing hard physical work. You can be completely spent by the end of the day and if you do that continuously without a day off you will get run down and no longer be able to perform optimally.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2020, 03:54:38 PM »
Well, one of them has been cracked for almost 10 years...so, YMMV...

But that doesn’t really mean anything...I’ve managed to break most things on my body!

Bench

Brittle bones? Metabolic bone diseases, such as Paget's disease or osteomalacia (vitamin D and calcium deficiencies) can be the reason someone's bones are unusually fragile.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2020, 04:09:30 PM »
Only calves and abs once or twice a week? It wasn't clear to me.

EOD

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2020, 01:44:18 AM »
Brittle bones? Metabolic bone diseases, such as Paget's disease or osteomalacia (vitamin D and calcium deficiencies) can be the reason someone's bones are unusually fragile.
Nah, they broke due to human error..every time I broke something I knew it was a bad idea before hand...

It’s more of a poor life choice thing

Bench

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2020, 01:59:21 AM »
Mid 30's...haven't used anything in over 10 years

Benvh

Mid thirties? You've been on this board for 14 years and during that time you've talked about being in the military and training Special Forces in the Mid East and have been deployed to military missions and work in law enforcement either in SWAT or something similar, like being a sniper. You've posted pics over the years of some of your hunting rifles and military hardware. I thought for sure you were in at least your mid-forties but more like fifties. You did all this while in your twenties all the while posting regularly on GetBig?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2020, 05:12:03 AM »
Mid thirties? You've been on this board for 14 years and during that time you've talked about being in the military and training Special Forces in the Mid East and have been deployed and military missions and work in law enforcement either in SWAT or something similar, like being a sniper. You've posted pics over the years of some of your hunting rifles and military hardware. I thought for sure you were in at least your mid-forties but more like fifties. You did all this while in your twenties all the while posting regularly on GetBig?
Yeah, I started all that shit at 19 years old..been in law enforcement since my 21st birthday..did some contract work throughout my 20’s...still do weapons training but nothing dangerous.

With the exception of firearms training my job is admin (desk job). I am married with a small child now...those days are far behind me..couldn’t imagine doing that shit now..I wouldn’t even go to patrol! I have skipped the Lt. Exam for 2 years now because I fear they will take my desk away!

Bench

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2020, 05:16:13 AM »
Yeah, I started all that shit at 19 years old..been in law enforcement since my 21st birthday..did some contract work throughout my 20’s...still do weapons training but nothing dangerous.

With the exception of firearms training my job is admin (desk job). I am married with a small child now...those days are far behind me..couldn’t imagine doing that shit now..I wouldn’t even go to patrol! I have skipped the Lt. Exam for 2 years now because I fear they will take my desk away!

Bench
or you´re a redneck living out your fantasies online.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2020, 05:34:31 AM »
or you´re a redneck living out your fantasies online.
Still upset you didn’t get your reach around? I told you I’m not very romantic!

Bench

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2020, 05:38:19 AM »
when you have a prolapsed disc it can "repair" to a certain point but it will never be what it was

What about a prolapsed anus?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2020, 05:38:35 AM »
Keep howling, y'all
Q

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2020, 12:56:37 PM »

Bench

Would love to be arrested by you broskie.
X

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2020, 01:02:36 PM »

Bench

You certainly didn't indulge in the posthigh school slacking years. Looks like you've do a lot with the years so far. That's why I thought you were so much older.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2020, 02:56:00 AM »
Would love to be arrested by you broskie.
Haha I haven’t arrested anyone in years man, hopefully I’ll be able to keep it that way.

Bench

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2020, 03:14:14 PM »
Don't miss the trigonometry involved in the logistics of scheduling my training splits.

Lately I'm lucky to hit a bodypart once every 3wks lol

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2020, 03:20:01 PM »
Haha I haven’t arrested anyone in years man, hopefully I’ll be able to keep it that way.

Bench

Would you love to frisk, Dr. Goodrum, PhD, CSN, MFT, HPP, CEO?
X

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2020, 03:21:34 PM »

I have two bulging discs since 1988, they haven't gone any worse since but they will never get better

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2020, 03:33:30 PM »
I've had disc replacement in my neck, titanium discs at two levels, much better result than any surgical fusion.