Author Topic: Which movie most inspired you to lift/gain muscle?  (Read 6089 times)

pamith

• Getbig V
Re: Which movie most inspired you to lift/gain muscle?
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2020, 09:52:57 AM »
Oh and Ultimate Warrior was an inspiration as well!

Dude looked like a superhero from the comics.

(didn't know anything about Steroids back then)

When i first watched wrestling i thought he looked so much cooler than the others.

Sure, Hogan, Tugboat, Earthquake and Andre were big but not as impressive / ripped.

Much cooler than Hitman, Snuka, Jake the Snake and the others too

He had that special thing

Yeah I admit it, wrestling inspired me too, especially the ultimate warrior, i felt like that bodybuilder, muscular look was awesome

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2020, 09:55:19 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2020, 09:57:36 AM »
Early sword and sandal flicks in the 1960`s.........though a few guys in my neighborhood inspired me more.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2020, 09:58:02 AM »
Call me crazy but I never saw Sylvester Stallone as that muscular, however Arnold and Lou Ferrigno were huge

Neither were overly muscular, but great physiques

X

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2020, 10:01:07 AM »
Lou F as well inspired

Q

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2020, 10:01:45 AM »
Probably Crocodile Dundee 2

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2020, 10:03:21 AM »
Lou looking as brilliant and brainy as ever !!  LOL   ;D

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2020, 10:05:17 AM »
Lou looking as brilliant and brainy as ever !!  LOL   ;D

He was always more Brawn than Brains!  :D

Q

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2020, 10:05:52 AM »
Bloodsport, Kickboxer, Rambo II, Rambo III and Enter the Dragon.

Also, Marvel comics and WWF.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2020, 10:18:51 AM »
Hope you wore those sweat bands and did the preworkout skipping for the full muscular gains!

Ha, I even threw on a Hulkamania shirt a few times, but got pissed off when I couldn't tear it off Hulk style :).

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2020, 10:31:15 AM »
Probably Crocodile Dundee 2

Hogan was quite muscular for an 80s non action star

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2020, 10:32:53 AM »
Pumping Iron of course.

"1"

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2020, 10:38:24 AM »
Early sword and sandal flicks in the 1960`s.........though a few guys in my neighborhood inspired me more.

Watching older cave dwellers kill and skin sabre tooth tigers with their bare hands must have provided a tremendous amount of motivation

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2020, 10:45:00 AM »
My Dinner With Andre

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2020, 10:48:20 AM »
Neither were overly muscular, but great physiques

Then you should at least mention Jean Claude Van Damme, at least he had some size

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2020, 10:49:25 AM »
Lou F as well inspired

Lou Ferrigno was a big dude for sure, but the first 2 gifs you posted are morphed

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2020, 10:51:08 AM »
Funny how the majority of us were inspired by the same things.  Mine was definitely a combination of Hulk Hogan, JVCD and Lou Ferrigno. 

I was absolutely obsessed with WWF during the Hogan era and truly believe that if I said my prayers and ate my vitamins that I could look like him one day.  My dad must have been laughing his ass off inside, because he was a big dude (probably juiced, who knows lol) and knew the truth, but he never let on!  LOL
The reason Lou had such an impact is that I actually met him at an autograph signing at my dad's gym when I was 8 years old, and he was coming back for the Olympia in 1992.  I had met "Big Daddy" Dan Wilkenson (played for OSU and went #1 overall in the NFL draft) at an autograph signing at my local Big Bear grocery store shortly before meeting Lou, and while he was a monster, he was just a fat slob.  When I met Lou, my freaking mind was blown!  I couldn't believe how tall/huge he was. 

My dad's biggest memory of the incident is that to get a pic with Lou (mind you, you are taking it yourself with a poloroid camera), you had to buy a printed copy of a picture of him, and have him autograph it.  Looks like Lou hasn't changed a bit in almost 30 years! LOL!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2020, 11:08:20 AM »
My dad's biggest memory of the incident is that to get a pic with Lou (mind you, you are taking it yourself with a poloroid camera), you had to buy a printed copy of a picture of him, and have him autograph it.  Looks like Lou hasn't changed a bit in almost 30 years! LOL!

So, first buy a printed copy of a picture, then buy an autograph, and THEN you were allowed to take a Polaroid together with him!

Quite the procedure!
Q

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2020, 11:15:12 AM »
So, first buy a printed copy of a picture, then buy an autograph, and THEN you were allowed to take a Polaroid together with him!

Quite the procedure!

You buy the printed picture which he then autographs in front of you, and THEN you are allowed to walk behind the table and get your picture taken with him.  My parents actually stumbled upon the picture when they were moving around 10 years ago, and emailed me a picture of it. 
I will say this, as much of a douche as Lou is considered, he looked like a freaking monster in the pic with me!  Legit looked like he was the biggest person on earth at the time!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2020, 11:16:21 AM »
You buy the printed picture which he then autographs in front of you, and THEN you are allowed to walk behind the table and get your picture taken with him.  My parents actually stumbled upon the picture when they were moving around 10 years ago, and emailed me a picture of it. 
I will say this, as much of a douche as Lou is considered, he looked like a freaking monster in the pic with me!  Legit looked like he was the biggest person on earth at the time!

Is this the picture?

Q

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2020, 11:26:56 AM »
Is this the picture?

WTF, how'd you find it so fast!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2020, 11:33:16 AM »
He was always more Brawn than Brains!  :D

You owe Lou $20!

All of these movies and wrestlers already mentioned inspired me as well as the comic book heroes. 

My Hulk Hogan inspiration story.  When Hogan and Mean Jean first came over to the WWF from the AWA they cut a promo where Jean was following Hogan around watching him train.  Hogan was showing how he ate and put several eggs in a glass and swallowed them whole.  I was just a kid and decided I would do that as well to get huge so I broke up about 6 eggs and put them in a glass, swallowed them whole, and then puked them up all over the kitchen.  I've never eaten raw eggs since.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2020, 12:20:29 PM »
Tom Cruise inspired Jean Claude become an actor, but he seems more interested in Nicole Kidman here :D

Q

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2020, 12:33:42 PM »
Funny how the majority of us were inspired by the same things.  Mine was definitely a combination of Hulk Hogan, JVCD and Lou Ferrigno. 

I was absolutely obsessed with WWF during the Hogan era and truly believe that if I said my prayers and ate my vitamins that I could look like him one day.  My dad must have been laughing his ass off inside, because he was a big dude (probably juiced, who knows lol) and knew the truth, but he never let on!  LOL
The reason Lou had such an impact is that I actually met him at an autograph signing at my dad's gym when I was 8 years old, and he was coming back for the Olympia in 1992.  I had met "Big Daddy" Dan Wilkenson (played for OSU and went #1 overall in the NFL draft) at an autograph signing at my local Big Bear grocery store shortly before meeting Lou, and while he was a monster, he was just a fat slob.  When I met Lou, my freaking mind was blown!  I couldn't believe how tall/huge he was. 

Lou is a hero regardless, who cares if he charges 20 bucks or 30 bucks for a picture, the dude is still a legend

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2020, 12:41:23 PM »
You owe Lou $20!

All of these movies and wrestlers already mentioned inspired me as well as the comic book heroes. 

My Hulk Hogan inspiration story.  When Hogan and Mean Jean first came over to the WWF from the AWA they cut a promo where Jean was following Hogan around watching him train.  Hogan was showing how he ate and put several eggs in a glass and swallowed them whole.  I was just a kid and decided I would do that as well to get huge so I broke up about 6 eggs and put them in a glass, swallowed them whole, and then puked them up all over the kitchen.  I've never eaten raw eggs since.
Dude don't be such a pussy, I swallow raw eggs on a regular basis, it's so easy, they are great for muscle mass