Author Topic: Is there such a thing as good bread?  (Read 3790 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Is there such a thing as good bread?
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 03:42:44 PM »
1.  Carbs
2.  Sugar

simple carbs and saturated fats !

lol

adonis principle is right though, you can burn fat regardless what you eat, just have to make sure the balance is tipped towards bodyfat over food youve eaten. either low energy consumption or increase energy output.  

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 03:44:39 PM »
Really depends what else is included in your diet.  Without knowing what else you're eating no one can really say whether any bread is "bad" or "good"

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 03:45:09 PM »
Gentlemen.  If it's not promoting fat loss or muscle gains, it's promoting fat storage.
This is true...

As long as protein is high enough, you are wrong.
Total intake = weight
Protein = body composition
Rest = irrelevant

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 03:46:41 PM »
Really depends what else is included in your diet.  Without knowing what else you're eating no one can really say whether any bread is "bad" or "good"
Hey bobs,

does Nasser eat what he likes?

or does he follow a diet?

i'd be willing to bet that he is a man who enjoys good food

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2009, 03:48:29 PM »
Hey bobs,

does Nasser eat what he likes?

or does he follow a diet?

i'd be willing to bet that he is a man who enjoys good food

Right now he largely eats what he likes.  During the offseason of his competitive days he still ate whatever he liked but also usually ate more protein than he does these days.  When dieting for shows he ate very strict, up 600 grams of protein and 80 to 250 grams of carbs per day.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2009, 03:52:17 PM »
As long as protein is high enough, you are wrong.
Total intake = weight
Protein = body composition
Rest = irrelevant

Put it this way, what is the garlic bread doing for my body?  Is it promoting muscle growth? NO  Is it satisfying my appitite and promoting fat storage?  Yes.
Even if the rest of my diet was great, I'm speaking just on Garlic bread.  Yes, a little won't hurt but you'd be better of without it.  It's useless.  That is my point.

Therefore, it does promote fat storage.  Even if you are doing other things to burn it off.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2009, 03:57:13 PM »
Put it this way, what is the garlic bread doing for my body?  Is it promoting muscle growth? NO  Is it satisfying my appitite and promoting fat storage?  Yes.
Even if the rest of my diet was great, I'm speaking just on Garlic bread.  Yes, a little won't hurt but you'd be better of without it.  It's useless.  That is my point.

Therefore, it does promote fat storage.  Even if you are doing other things to burn it off.
garlic bread does too promote growth. its a carbohydrate with some saturated fat. calories. glycogen. insulin. fats. drop in blood glucose after digestion of simple white bread causes gh release. saturated fat used for fuel to power the actual muscle building process.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2009, 03:58:00 PM »

Everything that is above your maintenance intake and your genetic ability to gain muscle mass promotes fat storage.
Completely irrelevant if it's garlic bread or chicken breast.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »
garlic bread does too promote growth. its a carbohydrate with some saturated fat. calories. glycogen. insulin. fats. drop in blood glucose after digestion of simple white bread causes gh release. saturated fat used for fuel to power the actual muscle building process.

Yes tbombz because bread has been a staple in helping people lose weight for years ::)
Please, you know what I meant.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2009, 04:00:48 PM »
Yes tbombz because bread has been a staple in helping people lose weight for years ::)

You can get absolutely shredded on protein powder and bread.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2009, 04:04:11 PM »
Metabolism is King at the end of the day.

That's how Goudy can eat 3 loafs of bread and still remain lean.

You should be doing everything in your power to jack up your metabolism and turn you into
a lean, mean, fat burning, muscle buiding machine,

I couldn't imagine not eating these foods on a daily basis.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2009, 04:07:30 PM »
Yes tbombz because bread has been a staple is helping people loose weight for years ::)
Bread? or do you mean white bread?  

when it comes to losing fat white bread may even be superior to "whole wheat bread"

Tangentially I’d note, and one weird little study supports this, that spiking insulin (and letting it crash back down) might be superior for fat loss than the standard strategy of trying to keep insulin low but stable all day long.   The reason is that even tiny amounts of insulin block lipolysis, if you keep insulin low but stable all day, you are effectively impairing lipolysis.  But the study in question showed that blood fatty acid levels came back up much faster when insulin was spiked (which crashed blood glucose back down, lowering insulin).  The drawback, mind you, is that rapidly falling blood glucose tends to make people hungry and calorie control would be nearly impossible with this strategy.  And, as you’ll see below, in a hypocaloric situation, it probably doesn’t matter a bit.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/insulin-levels-and-fat-loss-qa.html

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2009, 04:11:19 PM »
Bread? or do you mean white bread?  

when it comes to losing fat white bread may even be superior to "whole wheat bread"

Tangentially I’d note, and one weird little study supports this, that spiking insulin (and letting it crash back down) might be superior for fat loss than the standard strategy of trying to keep insulin low but stable all day long.   The reason is that even tiny amounts of insulin block lipolysis, if you keep insulin low but stable all day, you are effectively impairing lipolysis.  But the study in question showed that blood fatty acid levels came back up much faster when insulin was spiked (which crashed blood glucose back down, lowering insulin).  The drawback, mind you, is that rapidly falling blood glucose tends to make people hungry and calorie control would be nearly impossible with this strategy.  And, as you’ll see below, in a hypocaloric situation, it probably doesn’t matter a bit.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/insulin-levels-and-fat-loss-qa.html
Bombz,

are u still doing the periods of bulking followed by short periods of cutting?

How's that working for u?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2009, 04:17:29 PM »
Bombz,

are u still doing the periods of bulking followed by short periods of cutting?

How's that working for u?
no im not dieting again for a while

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2009, 04:19:15 PM »
Bread is definitely a hunger triggering food for me.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2009, 04:29:42 PM »
no im not dieting again for a while

how's the acne?
Deep Tissue Massage

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2009, 04:35:57 PM »
Wholegrain bread contains much higher quantities of trace elements and fibre, it is for all intents and purposes healthier then white bread, like garlic bread.

Sure you can loose weight on a crap diet, no doubt about it, just compare immune system function, bone density, etc 5 years later, see if you still think crap diets are in any way equal...

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2009, 04:36:50 PM »
Cinnamon raisin bread is good

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2009, 04:37:37 PM »
Cinnamon raisin bread is good

i forgot about that stuff.. mmmmm hella bomb...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2009, 05:38:35 PM »
The only good bread,is dead bread!

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2009, 05:47:12 PM »
i dont eat wheat based bread.  Bread made from oat flour or rye flour is lower on the glycemic index than wheat flour.  It's just wasteful for me to buy bread it's only really good when it's fresh so after 4 slices in a day what do you do with the rest of the loaf?  I like the LA tortilla factory high fiber wraps, only like 14 net carbs or something and 12-15g fiber in one wrap.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2009, 05:47:22 PM »
East Coast Italian bread smothered in butter,mmm,mmm :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2009, 06:52:47 PM »
i dont eat wheat based bread.  Bread made from oat flour or rye flour is lower on the glycemic index than wheat flour.  It's just wasteful for me to buy bread it's only really good when it's fresh so after 4 slices in a day what do you do with the rest of the loaf?  I like the LA tortilla factory high fiber wraps, only like 14 net carbs or something and 12-15g fiber in one wrap.

All leavened bread is wheat based.  Only wheat contains the aminos gliadin and glutenin which is necessary to support the structure and hold the gasses during rising.  Commercial rye breads are probably still 75% wheat flour.  A boutique bakery might have a high gluten low wheat flour bread but it would be a rarity.

Staling is caused by the process of starch retrogradation.  Generally, plain breads will stale faster than breads with additives (eggs, sugars, etc).  Keep bread at room temp or in the freezer (presliced) if you aren't going to eat it fast.  Never refrigerate bread - it will stale almost immediately.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2009, 06:53:44 PM »
Love me some motherfuckin toast....... 8)
No doubt about it...

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2009, 06:58:52 PM »
good ol' corn bread